Clear All

trips on a flush board facing short stack shove

70e live f.o

blinds 100/200ante 25
    avg stack 16k ish

hero mp 24k
    BTN 15k
    villain bb 5k

table has been soft as a marshmallow pillow and i had won about ten pots without showdown
    villain is a complete nit post flop, i had 3 bet his ep limps 3/4 times already and just barreled till he folded.
    BTN is a standard enough 60 year old rock who is a calling station with any piece/draw

I open to 400 with 7:2 (unneccesary I know but I know the BB will falt with ATC and jus give up nearly every time and that button wont make any kind of play)

BTN calls, BB calls

Flop: j:25

BB checks, hero checks, BTN checks (in retro spect I prob should c-bet, but having picked up BTN pre I decied to c what he did 1st)
    Turn: 2

BB checks, hero bets 800, BTN calls, BB raise (4200-all in)

action on hero??

I'm not worried about BTN to be honest, obv villain has a flush a lot of the time
    but with his stack and my image he can be shoving 1 pair+ 1 club right??
    like I said, he's a nit so its never a bluff per se.. wot are we doing most of the time

Originally posted by Kie Diddy View Post
    70e live f.o

blinds 100/200ante 25
    avg stack 16k ish

hero mp 24k
    BTN 15k
    villain bb 5k

table has been soft as a marshmallow pillow and i had won about ten pots without showdown
    villain is a complete nit post flop, i had 3 bet his ep limps 3/4 times already and just barreled till he folded.
    BTN is a standard enough 60 year old rock who is a calling station with any piece/draw

I open to 400 with 7:2 (unneccesary I know but I know the BB will falt with ATC and jus give up nearly every time and that button wont make any kind of play)

BTN calls, BB calls

Flop: j:25

BB checks, hero checks, BTN checks (in retro spect I prob should c-bet, but having picked up BTN pre I decied to c what he did 1st)
    Turn: 2

BB checks, hero bets 800, BTN calls, BB raise (4200-all in)

action on hero??

I'm not worried about BTN to be honest, obv villain has a flush a lot of the time
    but with his stack and my image he can be shoving 1 pair+ 1 club right??
    like I said, he's a nit so its never a bluff per se.. wot are we doing most of the time
    I'm just never raising 7-2 no matter what the situation is.

I fold now anyway simply because I put myself in a terrible spot here.

Comment

fold pre

as played, re- raise all in?

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
        You're on the button and you have two 5/5 players to your left. There is antes and you would fold......why?

I'd c-bet that flop btw if they both play like you say.
        Last edited by peterswellman; 22-01-12, 23:36.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post

I fold now anyway simply because I put myself in a terrible spot here.
          That seems silly, on both counts. Firstly there are times when your cards don't matter, and even that doesn't get to the heart of what is wrong with the first sentence. Poker is a game of ever changing variables, of which your cards are just one.

As for the second, it makes no difference how you get to a particular situation, you should always make the best decision. In this case we have trip twos, which is not that bad a situation to be in really is it?

Comment

As for the hand, I think it's too strong to fold. I wouldn't care too much about your image, but they could easily have a hand you beat, any jack, any pair, high club etc etc. You have outs against a flush in any case.

Comment

If I raise pre here I'm making it bigger.

C-bet the flop: Given their styles this will get through a decent amount of the time and a call here will allow us barrel a lot of turn cards.

As played, action on turn: I think it's a close call. He's not bluffing near 30%, but you have 10 outs (maybe 9 in reality) to beat a flush.

Personally, don't think I would re-shove. Interested to hear thoughts on this?

Summary: Better spots to make profit against opponents like this!

Comment

Don't think he has to have a flush here. Could be after checing his J twice and maybe now protecting what he thinks is the beat hand after the flop was checked aroundfor example. I don't think you can be sure enough to fold such a strong hand. Sigh and call for me. C betting the flop for sure too.

Comment

Fold pre
                  Shove now
                  Ping a 7

Comment

deeper in a tourney I would be reshoving but here decided just to call, this was in order to give the BTN a chance to make a really spewy call with AJ type hand + if he rejams he has flush 100% of d time so i can get away if i'm in the midst of some flush over flush cooler..

as it happened
                    SPOILER
                    surpise!he had a flush & it held

Comment

Working...
                    X