Back to basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to basics

Hadn't played a live tournament in a long time and came across a few spots that are basic enough imo but I'd like some advice on how to play them. Tourney was a €45 freezeout with around 30 runners.

Hand 1:

Blinds 25/50. SS was 8k - everyone is there or thereabouts.

I open in MP after 1 limper to 200 with AQcc & get three callers to the flop, 1 with position on me.

Flop 7s8sAx

BB & EP check, I bet 550 and BB is the only caller. Never played with him before.

Turn Jx

He checks and I check behind.

River Jx

He bets 1000...

Hand 2:

Blinds 75-150. Dealt 79hh in the BB (~10000). There's an all in EP for 800 and 4 players call this before it gets to me. I call also.

Flop K68 (one heart)

I check. One player goes all in for 1800. One caller and it's back on me...

Hand 3:

Blinds 400-800. I've ~26000. Folded to me in HJ and I raise to 2000 with A10. One caller from SB (15k roughly). I joined his table around an hour before this and he seems competent. Haven't seen him do anything noticeably bad anyway.

Flop 569

Check, c-bet 2500, call

Turn 10

Check, check

River 5

He bets 5000 after a long dwell...

Hand 1 I like how you played it, you could bet turn as well. Easy call on river

Hand 2 Fold pre, easy call on the flop - no other option makes sense

Hand 3 I like how you played it, you could bet turn as well. Easy call on river

Comment

hand 1: Raise 2250
      Hand 2: fold pre / call as played
      Hand 3: Call

Comment

Hand 1: Definetly bet the turn here. Around 1k. As played easy call. Only 910 has really got there or maybe Aj but its unlikely.

Hand 2: I fold pre tbh. How much has the coldcaller got behind on the flop? Im not sure tbh your probably getting a good price to peel here but It does depend on how deep the caller is.

Hand 3:Hes probably not great If hes peeling a flop from the sb with 19bbs. I wouldnt be cbetting A10 here on a 569. On the turn the pot is ~10k and sb has ~ 11k behind. I prob just get It in. Fwiw your sizing isnt great in this hand. IF your cbetting the flop try and size it where you have a potsized shoved on the turn or make It really small where you can bet small on the flop, small on the turn and shove the river.

Comment

1. b/f turn 1.2k, call river.
          2. fold pre, call flop.
          3. b/c turn 4k, call river.
          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Hand 1 I called and he had 10Js. Wasn't posting because of result though, my mind wasn't too sharp on how to approach such a drawy board with the number of preflop callers.

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
            Hand 2: I fold pre tbh. How much has the coldcaller got behind on the flop? Im not sure tbh your probably getting a good price to peel here but It does depend on how deep the caller is
            As soon as I called I regretted it. I ended up folding and his stack was an important factor. He only had about 4500 behind so I was expecting a turn shove from him. Straight maths probably dictate a call on flop and re-evaluate but considering he should shove the turn more than 50% and we have to then fold every time we miss I wonder is a fold on the flop the correct option.

Hand 3 I called and he had 67 but most at the table agreed it was a poor call Always best to make sure here

Comment

Working...
            X