UKIPT 20+2 Sat... Mistake or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIPT 20+2 Sat... Mistake or not??

Sorry don't have hand converter, here's the gist... 6 left 3 tickets to 100+9 qualifier and €50 for 4th... Big chipleader with 10k, im second with 4,500 but everyone pretty close... I open on the button to 550 with aj of diamonds(blinds 100/200).... Chipleader who says in the chatbox previously hes won 2 packages already, he seems good and is running over the table, makes it 1200 in big blind... I think he's doing it too often so i shove, he snaps with 66 and holds... I didnt think hed call with such a marginal hand given my stack size... Was the shove ok, or should i have passed? I'm fairly new to satellites like this so any advice would be great, cheers.

I guess it's not the worst shove in the world vs his range but you've no fold equity which is the most imported thing in satellites.

He's never folding, I pass and pick spots where they are!

Comment

The open is fine with the AJ but as was said already you've little fold equity so I'd flick it into the muck after he 3bets.
      The only other thing is that you had 22 bigs starting off the hand so it's tough to raise fold a lot.
      NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Trying to emulate your mate Phil Babb's success at the poker tables, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Phelan View Post
          Sorry don't have hand converter, here's the gist... 6 left 3 tickets to 100+9 qualifier and €50 for 4th... Big chipleader with 10k, im second with 4,500 but everyone pretty close... I open on the button to 550 with aj of diamonds(blinds 100/200).... Chipleader who says in the chatbox previously hes won 2 packages already, he seems good and is running over the table, makes it 1200 in big blind... I think he's doing it too often so i shove, he snaps with 66 and holds... I didnt think hed call with such a marginal hand given my stack size... Was the shove ok, or should i have passed? I'm fairly new to satellites like this so any advice would be great, cheers.
          Good players don't threebet fold to 22 bb stacks very often.

Shove's not awful if you think he shows up with worse aces etc.

I don't like his play btw: if he's calling the 4 bet shove he should just 3 bet shove a hand like 66 imo
          My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

I don't think anyonme else has mentioned this but your open is too big.
            Make it 400-450
            You've a pretty shitty position, so I don't get too agressive on the button.

Originally posted by doke View Post
            Good players don't threebet fold to 22 bb stacks very often.

Shove's not awful if you think he shows up with worse aces etc.

I don't like his play btw: if he's calling the 4 bet shove he should just 3 bet shove a hand like 66 imo
            I think this can be an exception to never 3bet folding vrs 22 BBs.
            There should be a significant difference in equity between the picking up whats there and getting it in. For that reason, I think they could both bet/fold. But only when the initial raise is small, making it almost 3x makes it effectively more shallow.
            Obviously, I'm assuming that players are aware of the ICM in spots here and their range reflects that.

How small the other stacks are would effect my play here a lot. There's 4 below 4500, right?

Comment

Yeah the remaining were under 4500 but all pretty close, shortest was on maybe 2200.... Really didnt think hed call wit a hand like 66 given id only showed the goods up to then, but should have based and waited for a better spot... Also agree i opened too big on reflection

Comment

Are there antes in this?

Does anyone like an open shove?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

Does anyone like an open shove?
                  Hate it. When you get called you are usually a big dog. Might as well be shoving with 98s or some other donkey monster in this spot.
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Exceptional username. Wp.

Comment

Working...
                    X