Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre flop spot - just in the money

100 dollar buy in online

blinds 600/1200 ante 150-i m playing an average sized stack of 29k villain covers with 56k

playing 8 handed i am utg i make it 2800 folded to the bb and he pushes all in .

he has only recently been moved to the table so all i have is that he is a fairly big winner according to opr

what range would you give him here?

i need about 45pc to be break even against him
    Last edited by kady; 09-12-11, 09:30.

In a vacuum, readless, general range would possibly be something like 99-JJ/QQ, AKo/AQs.
    What do you have + we can see if should you be raising? Your stack size is kinda awkward at this stage of the tourney to be squeezing raise/folds through from utg.

Comment

just realised the blinds were actually 600/1200 a150 rather than 700/1400.
      i had pocket tens laois hammer

Comment

He,

I think at this stage of the tournament there are much better spots to call an all in.

Your opponent:
        -is a strong player
        -sees a raise UTG

He doesn't mind a flip at this point because he would still be average if he loses it but do you want to flip here?
        You would have your 45pc range but you are not in a bad spot to go far in the tournament.
        You will have 25K left and I guess a lot of desperate small stacks, who you know will be raising moving all in light. You can pick on them.

And if you have to fold 2 rounds because of bad cards you got 20K left wich is enogh to put pressure on most stacks.

Strong players don't just shove all in imo so you are probably up against JJ-KK or AK/AQ-s.
        I think he wouldn't be a big winner shoving less than 10-s against an UTG raiser.

But I haven't played that much on these stakes lately.

Bye Niki.
        "You should gamble every day. Because you could be walking around lucky and not know it"

Comment

Originally posted by kady View Post
          100 dollar buy in online

blinds 600/1200 ante 150-i m playing an average sized stack of 29k villain covers with 56k

playing 8 handed i am utg i make it 2800 folded to the bb and he pushes all in .

he has only recently been moved to the table so all i have is that he is a fairly big winner according to opr

what range would you give him here?

i need about 45pc to be break even against him
          Don't see him doing this with QQ+ - Prob AK/AQ <JJ - could be way off the mark here given lack of info though.

I'm guessing this was a simple decision for you :-)

Comment

of course this could be QQ+ I dont think villain expects many people to fold to a shove for just over 20bb's after opening UTG (not in a 100 dollar freezeout anyway)

I think you can fold here. TT is probably only flipping with the bottom of what you can assume is a very tight range. I find it very hard to see him come up with anything less than JJ+ and AQ+

This is based on the fact he see's himself as having little to no fold equity with his shove

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              of course this could be QQ+ I dont think villain expects many people to fold to a shove for just over 20bb's after opening UTG (not in a 100 dollar freezeout anyway)

I think you can fold here. TT is probably only flipping with the bottom of what you can assume is a very tight range. I find it very hard to see him come up with anything less than JJ+ and AQ+

This is based on the fact he see's himself as having little to no fold equity with his shove
              I think villain is more likely to std 3bet rather than shove if he has QQ+ tbh. Just my tuppence.

Comment

I lean towards a call here. Don't really agree with Niki saying ' at this stage of the tournament there are much better spots to call an all in.' You've opened 2.3X playing 24bbs with antes and readless I don't think I fold given villains shove. As well as the fact that payouts are more than likely very top heavy I just can't fold here.

I expect to see 77> +AQ/AK. Can also see a good villain occasionally clicking it back here to induce a light shove with KK/AA sometimes too.

Comment

Working...
                X