Are you 4betting in this spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you 4betting in this spot?

was faced with this spot in one of tonight's tourneys. Do you think this is a good spot to 4bet the villain? Have only been at the table 12 hands and only seen the vilain play one hand were he min raised in late pos and snap called a 15bb shove with AQo. I was about 60/40 in favour of 4betting here buy was trying to find his stats before I made the move. I didn't get them in time and the time bank was going low so I opted to a fold as I hadnt any real reads. Just felt to me that he wasnt 3beting on the flop with a J and would probably have flated and check raised the turn with a J instead. I think he can have alot of small pairs that he could be laying down here. Anyway just wanted to hear the thoughts of others here as this is probably one of my leaks not in recognising weak 3bets but actually following through with the 4bet. Cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pretty sure its 3 betting (as learned myself not too long ago) and no

Comment

As Ghostface said, the villain didn't 3 bet so you aren't 4 betting.
      I don't think a 4bet here is good.
      I don't like the c-bet either. You rarely have a J and villain knows this. Check back imo

Comment

I had this argument with my mate about a month ago. I said it wasnt a 4bet but he ensured me it was so I took his word for it.

Comment

Would it be really bad to just call this? He won't raise pairs like 22-99 I assume and let's assume he three-bets better hands pre. I've a feeling i just keep clicking call, maybe slow down on a heart?

Comment

What was his way of putting it. Was it post flop also.
            You bet (1 bet), he raised (2 bet), and you can now re-raise (3bet). Where did he get four from.

What confuses people is that the first bet pre-flop is compulsory.
            A 3bet is just the first re-raise, always

Comment

Preflop:

Blinds=Forced Bet
              Raise=Raise
              ReRaise= the 3rd bet or as the internet kids have named it the 3bet

Post Flop
              Because there is no forced bet post flop it goes bet->raise->3bet and so on

Edit Damn you Mellor..
              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

i don't think it matters whether it is a 3bet or a 4bet tbh (but it is a 3bet).

as played i fold, there is a decent chance he could reshipp here with a middle pair or flushdraw or at least flat your raise leaving you in a bad spot on a turn that has very little chance of improving your hand.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

No need to cbet 100% here imo. Check back sometimes. You have fine showdown value against bb defend range v minraise. As played you need a read to make the shove. With no info I fold.

Comment

Working...
                  X