Strange Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t14425)
    MP2 (t8175)
    MP3 (t6815)
    CO (t18695)
    Hero (Button) (t13685)
    SB (t3319)
    BB (t7624)
    UTG (t24928)
    UTG+1 (t6711)

Hero's M: 26.07

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
    1 fold, UTG+1 calls t200, 3 folds, CO bets t800, Hero raises to t3200, 3 folds, CO calls t2400

Flop: (t7125) 5, 8, 10 (2 players)
    CO bets t2800, [color=#CC3333]Hero

This guy ive been sitting with him for 2-3 hours and he seem a solid enough player, what do you think his range is here?
    Do i go all in etc?
    Last edited by Hornswaggl; 11-03-10, 00:45.

Not strange really.

What I do now is reads dependent. Id usually shove, but I might call/call.
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
      Not strange really.

what tommy said.

Comment

I'd be shoving here
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

IMO your hand looks like AK from the side of the villain. Your 3bet pre is big and he might see it as weakness rather than strenght. He may think qq jj are good and be betting as if he was in front on that board, or even be putting out a feeler bet with a lower pair. His hand looks like a pair from the action and your only losing realistically to AA 1010 and 88.
          I prob shove always.
          I dont think you can call call. If you call this raise you have 7.6k left and the pot at around 12k. Surely the chips will be in on the turn regardless?

Comment

Originally posted by Flishie View Post
            I dont think you can call call. If you call this raise you have 7.6k left and the pot at around 12k. Surely the chips will be in on the turn regardless?
            Thats the point of flatting

Comment

Not strange really.

can't do anything other than this/thread
              http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah I'd call flop and get it in on the turn. UL if he has set of 10's

Comment

I think i'd just ship it in on flop.
                  "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                    This guy ive been sitting with him for 2-3 hours and he seem a solid enough player, what do you think his range is here?
                    Do i go all in etc?
                    77/88-JJ
                    67s, JTs, AT type of hands

if hes a solid player he'd be expected to 4 bet pre with QQ+, limp behind with 22-66/77.

Final decision, 88, 67 or air

Comment

Thats the point of flatting
                      The point of flatting the flop is to get all the chips in on the turn? Why wait and give him a chance of improving his hand?

Comment

The point of flatting the flop is to get all the chips in on the turn? Why wait and give him a chance of improving his hand?
                        You're worrying about 2-4 outers here. There's also a decent chance he folds a hand to a shove that he might put more chips in with on the turn.

I prefer shoving, but call/call is very very valid and may be a better line a lot.

Comment

I think call/call is essentially the same than shoving most of the time. Where he folds to a flop shove, he likely c/f the turn. There's the small part of his range where he bluffs the second barrel, and the times he catches the A were he would of folded.

At the end of the day, its villain dependent, c/c is fine imo.

Comment

Working...
                          X