Tourney Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tourney Spot

Villain has only be at the table for a few rounds and hadn't really stepped out of line much. The previous hand they had doubled up to become chip leader with AQ v 22. What would be your play in this spot against the open jam from the chip leader?

(Also I couldn't find a converter for the irish eyes hand history any one recommend one)

Game # 2335328851 - Texas Hold'em No Limit 300/600 - Table "€1,500 Guarantee Rebuy 11156212 3"

Players(max 9):
    oriel28 (7,500.00 in seat 1)
    burkeyoa (8,569.00 in seat 2)
    awojjj (4,100.00 in seat 3)
    hkybot (8,372.00 in seat 4)
    JJG (7,100.00 in seat 5)
    PlayItHard (3,363.00 in seat 6)
    DJOKI (14,310.00 in seat 7)
    PaymemaX (4,295.00 in seat 8)
    LKW122 (25,900.00 in seat 9)

Dealer: awojjj
    Small Blind: hkybot (300.00)
    Big Blind: JJG (600.00)

burkeyoa was dealt: Td - Ts

PlayItHard Fold
    DJOKI Fold
    PaymemaX Fold
    LKW122 All-In (25,900.00)
    oriel28 Fold
    burkeyoa ?????????????????

call and be very happy about it

edit to say - it would be unusual for this to be JJ+. Its more likely to be smaller pairs or high cards but tbh it can literally be anything (of value) considering the biggest stack behind is 12bb's. its hard to avoid flipping in tourneys so just get it in and hope you run good
    Last edited by Bubbleking; 17-08-11, 13:06.

Comment

Things dont get any easier
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Snapcall really, this is rarely QQ+ and we crush a range with smaller PP's in it. Great chance to double
        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

If you don't call there you should be shot
          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Thanks for feedback. Think it is agreed its an easy call. I did snap call obv an he turned QQ which held. Obv this is a cooler given the format and stack sizes. However after thinking about it after the hand does the fact that he is just after a big double up affect the hand? And that JJ+ could still be included in his open shoving range as he is not worried about losing value as he has just had a massive double up to become chip leader? Or am I just over thinking it? Obv id still call in this spot almost all the time but the reason I posted was to see if everyone else ever thinks along these lines.

Comment

You were just unlucky to run into a bigger hand, you're usually going to be flipping or have him crushed.

His range is made up of JJ-AA as well as other hands mentioned. Villlain should be shoving all of his range here, and not just the hands we beat. Can't understand why anyone posted that JJ+ wouldn't be in his range.

Comment

@caf.. Can't understand why anyone posted that JJ+ wouldn't be in his range.

I think in general peops are expecting villain to raise call these for value rather than open shoving them which loses value.

Against this particular villain I think they are definitely in his range but against a more advanced player they're not.

@op I think www.pokerhand.org converts entraction hh ... i know i converted them before but can't rem. where .... old age etc.

btw nh good call, wp and just ul

Comment

Originally posted by islander32 View Post
                  @caf.. Can't understand why anyone posted that JJ+ wouldn't be in his range.

I think in general peops are expecting villain to raise call these for value rather than open shoving them which loses value.

Against this particular villain I think they are definitely in his range but against a more advanced player they're not.

@op I think www.pokerhand.org converts entraction hh ... i know i converted them before but can't rem. where .... old age etc.

btw nh good call, wp and just ul
                  Where you getting this from?
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

CL is obviously levelling everybody and only pushes QQ/KK/AA there
                    "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Call all they long. Hes shipping his 43 big blinds to apply serious pressure, not neccessarly that he has anything let alone beating 10s. Just unlucky you picked them up when he had you crushed. Anyone folding in that position shouldnt be in the game.

Comment

@ wombatman ... I stand corrected.
                        we havn't been provided any info on villain really ... dunno where I Got it from prolly misread the op or something.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                          Call all they long. Hes shipping his 43 big blinds to apply serious pressure, not neccessarly that he has anything let alone beating 10s. Just unlucky you picked them up when he had you crushed. Anyone folding in that position shouldnt be in the game.
                          His 43 big blinds don't matter, he's shoving for less than 15bigs effective

If he's a reg he needs to be shoving his monsters here given effective stacks or else he can't do it with his marginal hands.
                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                            His 43 big blinds don't matter, he's shoving for less than 15bigs effective

If he's a reg he needs to be shoving his monsters here given effective stacks or else he can't do it with his marginal hands.
                            Only if theres more regs in the hand tho

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                              Only if theres more regs in the hand tho
                              This be true
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                              X