1/2 live hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 live hand

Just want some opinions on this hand I played.. Might not be exactly correct in description, but here's the gist. Sorry if all the numbers don't completely add up.

Hero, BB ~€570 Just chipped up over the last few minutes, hitting some big hands. Been quite loose preflop.
    Villian 1 UTG ~€210 Drunk, been playing a bit wildly. Had a few buyins already.
    Villian 2 UTG+1 ~€370 Quite aggressive player, raises his big hands and plays position well, seems pretty good. Not afraid to come over the top of raises when he senses weakness.

UTG + UTG+1 both call 2 pre, a player in later position makes it 7, Hero calls from the BB with 5c 3c.
    Pot = €35

Flop: Jh 5h 5s

Hero leads for 20, UTG makes it 40, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.
    Pot = €155

Turn: Jh 5h 5s 8s
    Hero checks, UTG bets 50, UTG+1 thinks for a while and calls. Hero calls.
    Pot = €305

River: Jh 5h 5s 8s 8c
    Hero checks, UTG bets 50, Villian shoves for 275

Hero: ???

easy fold , as you said villain is capable, can't seem him bluffing here or having a hand you can beat, 8h with any random other heart is there an awful lot imo.
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Assuming this is live 1/2 in Dublin
      When it comes back around to you on the flop say POT!
      If there are still other players in the hand when it comes to the turn say POT! again
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You need to build a pot on the flop/turn. As played i snap call the river. He can't have JJ from limping 2nd the act pre. An 8 would be just weird, so he either has a 5, J or missed draw

Comment

Think I'm folding. Hate how you play it on the flop/turn. Should defo have reraised the flop.

UTG+1 when he shoves over UTG when UTG has hardly anything left he obv has something with serious showdown value although it does feel like he is trying to isolate.

Think UTG+1 shows up with the other 5 a lot and also x8 of hearts a lot. Since I hate calling hoping to chop and with not that much of your stack invested as of yet I would fold and curse my flop play.

You have to raise the flop - you probably get called by people with a jack in their hand in these drunk games and also flush draws.

Comment

How are you not getting the money in sooner OOP vs a wild drunk with 100BBs!? Re-raise on the flop, or c/r on the turn with a view to getting it in ASAP. Your hand is strong but vulnerable in a 3-way pot with a flush draw on board.

UTG+1 has 5x here for a chop quite a lot given his overcall on the flop, so I dont think arrowing his range to 8x on the river helps much. Small chance, but if he's good aggro he knows he can make you fold Jx or even 5x here by shoving, and you never have an 8, so he can iso pretty easily with this bet, assuming he smelt some sort of weakness from utg.
            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I think you should have got more money in on the flop/turn and you would then have a better idea of where you are in the hand. The chances are the drunk guy would call any amount with a J or a flush draw on the flop and with a decent sized raise you could get a better indication as to where the UTG + 1 is. The way the hand played I think you had to fold the river.

Comment

Just check shove the turn. As played I'd call the river. The action is a bit unclear but it's hard to call a raise on a J55 board with an 8. Unlucky if he JJ

Comment

rivers a fold chopping at best but otherwise id have played it similar, flop lead is nice but when second guy cold calls the 3bet id be worried about my kicker, check shovin turn here is horrible imo, drunk guy gets away from whatever he has second guy is snapping wit better hands and folding everythin else

Comment

Cheers for the replies. Some people hit the nail on the head in this thread.. He did have 8hxh for a better house. I just couldn't put him on an 8 or on JJ as played here so I reluctantly made the call.
                    I see what people are saying about potting it on the flop and turn, but I really didn't feel comfortable putting everything in the middle with no kicker. Obviously in this hand, it would've saved me a lot of money though.

Comment

Working...
                    X