Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tournament play and what software is needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tournament play and what software is needed?

I dont do pokertracker/holdem manager. Just play a maximum of 2 or 3 tourney tables when Im playing, and play by trying to get reads/take notes on players.

Havent been playing on Stars much, but I played a tourney there tonite (the big €11). These are the stats that come up on Pokerstars info window. I was just wondering if they make any sense to any of the regular stars players (as in am I playing too few hands, etc etc etc).
    I think about 6,000 players started, with 900 in the money. I finished 420th or something like that.
    I lost in the end when QQ was no good against AJ (all-in on a 10 high flop with him having the nut flush draw and hitting, so pretty basic exit). But I was just wondering if anything can be learned from the stats below.

These are my stats for the game. I dont use poker tracker or holdem manager, and I dont play on stars too often anymore. Just wondering what these stats are like to people who know what stats mean. (this was the stats I copied just after being knocked out)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 169 hands and saw flop:
    - 6 out of 19 times while in big blind (31%)
    - 4 out of 20 times while in small blind (20%)
    - 13 out of 130 times in other positions (10%)
    - a total of 23 out of 169 (13%)
    Pots won at showdown - 9 of 13 (69%)
    Pots won without showdown - 8

PS: If I do go back to playing tourney poker again in a semi-serious way, how important is it to have something like holdem manager, and how hard would it be for a guy who's not a computer whizz-kid to master this holdem manager/pokertracker or whatevers needed? How much info does this give for tournament players, and how big is the disadvantage when Im playing against players who have the use of it?

Thnx in advance,
    Connie

Holdem Manager itself is easy to master, its the HUD thats takes some getting used to

Comment

Installing it can be a nightmare it was for me anyway.
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
        Installing it can be a nightmare it was for me anyway.
        Got a friend to help me and he sorted it in 10 minutes

Comment

There are plenty of step by step setup guides around Connie and hud configurations to use. You shouldnt find it hard. You can always get someone here to help you anyway.

People who use it are at a big advantage over people who dont imo.
          Even for reviewing your own play its priceless.

Yeah that friend wants a cut of that 10k for helping Finkel.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Send me a pm if you want any help Connie

Comment

It's not overly complicated once you get set up.
              I'm sure you could find an internet kid in the cue club that would help you with the set up. Once your set up it's a question of interpretiting the data on the hud. Just takes a little getting used to. You could set the hud up with a bare minimum of stats at first and get more fancy as you get familiar with it. ...the stats you provided there for a single game aren't really a lot of use as it's such a small sample of hands, ....you played 13% of hands which seems on the tight solid side. The beauty of HEM etc is that they tell u how another guy is playing.
              eg: Your in the BB with 20bbs and you've got A9 off. There's a late position raise and the hud says this guy is raising 36% of hands. Your well ahead of his range here and can happily jam your stack in.
              If the same raise comes from a guy with 6/3 stats (plays 6% of hands and raises 3%) this is not a good spot to push. etc.
              gl with this.

Comment

Personally use 'PokerTracker' and would be lost without it, the advantage you gain when multi-tabling is priceless, for one it makes late tournament shove/fold decisions so much easier, and these really are the crucial spots to get right. As with any software it's not without faults and I have never used Hold Em manager so couldn't tell you which is better.

If you didn't want to pony up for it, 'Tournament Indicator' is free software that will load on any table you open up, giving you each players stats and M-factor, but it has no HUD facility which is frustrating when you need to make quick decisions.
                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                  Personally use 'PokerTracker' and would be lost without it, the advantage you gain when multi-tabling is priceless, for one it makes late tournament shove/fold decisions so much easier, and these really are the crucial spots to get right. As with any software it's not without faults and I have never used Hold Em manager so couldn't tell you which is better.

If you didn't want to pony up for it, 'Tournament Indicator' is free software that will load on any table you open up, giving you each players stats and M-factor, but it has no HUD facility which is frustrating when you need to make quick decisions.
                  I just downloaded Tournament Indicator there after reading your comment and I found it extremely useful and I can see how it would give one an edge,so thanks very much for the heads up.I didn't know there were any free systems like this.
                  My problem is that it tells me my free run will run up in 48 hrs and I either need to get a license number or sign up with a site and play 1200 hands.Is there anyway of accessing a license code online or an easier way of doing this?
                  Thanks in advance.

Comment

Holdem Manager 3 Get It Free Page allows you to get a HM3 license for free by signing up for a poker site and playing a specific target of points or hands.

this might help

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleboy View Post
                      My problem is that it tells me my free run will run up in 48 hrs and I either need to get a license number or sign up with a site and play 1200 hands.Is there anyway of accessing a license code online or an easier way of doing this?
                      Thanks in advance.
                      As I recall I just signed up with one of their affiliates, 'CD poker' lol. threw $100 on, and multitabled $5 s'n'goes til I had the number of hands. took about 20 tournies I think, no hassle, then just withdrew my money
                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                      X