Live 1/2 Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live 1/2 Hand

Hi all, would appreciate opinions on this one please.

I am playing about 300 and the villian in this hand is playing about 400. I have played with him a bit before and is LAG.

I was on the BB with Ah5h. Raised in MP to 5 and gets called in three more places including button and SB.

Pot is now 25

Flop is A 9 5 rainbow.

SB checks, I bet 10, called in MP calls. Folded around to the SB who raises to 40.

Whats my next play here??

Call flop imo. Raising folds out any value hands he has along with possible bluffs, same applies for MP I think. If you 3bet here you pretty much can be sure that only sets/2pair and maybe AK will continue. See what the turn brings and reassess.

Comment

Personally I would be c/r the flop against the mp player.

As played donk bet bigger - around 20

To me a live LAG is usually bad. He's repping very very narrow here and if hes decent should know you are doing the same. sigh - all depends on how I view the villain against some I call against others I fold

Comment

Prefer c/r the flop. If you're gonna lead then lead for €20.
        As played, call now, call turn or bet if he checks.
        Last edited by thechamp87; 20-06-11, 16:07.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
          call now and c/shove pretty much any turn.
          too thin imo for 150bb effective

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            too thin imo for 150bb effective
            Actually didn't realise it was SB who had raised flop. Obv c/r isn't an option. Just call flop raise as played. I prob just call turn or if he checks, I bet. Same on river.
            Last edited by thechamp87; 20-06-11, 16:07.

Comment

Hand is played fine so far, I like ur sizing and lead, call flop now,

Personally speaking ,id c/c turn, and more then likely same on river

Comment

Prefer c/r the flop. If you're gonna lead then lead for €20.
                As played, call now and c/shove pretty much any turn.
                you have positions mixed up, as played just call flop c/r and see what happens on the turn, wouldn't be that happy at getting in though

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblin' Man View Post
                  you have positions mixed up, as played just call flop c/r and see what happens on the turn, wouldn't be that happy at getting in though
                  Ugh yeah, I do - edited my above posts.
                  Last edited by thechamp87; 20-06-11, 16:08.

Comment

We have 2 pair in a live 1/2 game, one of which is the biggest pairs available, against a loose player - I don't think "thin" should really enter the equation.
                    Of course its thin. Loose doesn't mean retarded. He's repping 12 combos of A9, 9 combos of A5, 6 combos of 99, 3 combos of 55 and let's be generous and give him 4 of AK, because he surely 3bets AK 3/4 of the time. I don't think he's bluffing here too often.

Against that range we've 30% equity. Discount the AK and we've 20%. Given that you're only getting 2:1 he needs to check the turn every time to allow you to realise your equity which ain't gonna happen. I think I'd just about call the flop, expecting him to shut down with AK and what few bluffs he has, and fold if he bets the turn.

EDIT: damn your edit! Reasoning stands though.
                    Last edited by Guest; 20-06-11, 17:06.

Comment

Cheers for feedback so far lads. Ok, so I decided to just flat the raise. MP got out of the way which left me HU with SB.

Pot is now 140

Turn card is 10 of spades putting a second spade on board.

SB leads out for 80.

Next..................

Comment

I probably would have folded the flop on the basis that villain was always betting the turn and we nearly always have to fold

Comment

Result

I tanked for about 5 mins and somehow found the fold. He had played a couple of sets very similar previously. Anyway he ended up showing QJo for a bluff. Although he did pick up an open ender on the turn.

Puke though.

Comment

lol, what a terrible spot to bluff in.

Comment

I know, I thought that bluffs were such a small part of his range in that spot I pretty much ruled them out. I had a pretty tight table image so I had to have a decent piece of the board to have called the post flop cr. I convinced myself that I was up against A9 or 55. Definetly overthough it though. Gut instict was to snap shove but I managed to talk myself out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X