Live 2/5 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live 2/5 game

Should prob add that 2/5 is not what I'd usually play. Had a good day at the bookies and decided to hit the bigger game since the 1/2's were full

Table is playing fairly straight forward. My image should be TAG, shown down mostly good hands and have been card dead for some time recently.

Villain 1 is a pretty tight player with about 900. Playing standard enough, He opens to 40 with JJ+ AK. Opens to 20 with other hands.

Villain 2 does not often fold preflop, has not shown down a hand yet, and has over bet the pot multiple times. He has bet 84 into a pot of 25, and 135 into a pot of 80. Both got a fold. He has around 700.

Hero has about 800.

Villain 1 opens from UTG+1 to 20. Villain 2 flats. Folds to me in the BB with 7s8s so I call. (Pot is 65:3 players)

Flop is Qc Js 2s I check and Villain 1 leads for 30. Villain 2 calls and I call. (Pot is 155)

Turn is 3s I check, Villain 1 bets 35 and Villain 2 shoves for around 600. Villain 1 slides off his card protector and appears as though he is trying to muck while the action is still on me.

Just wondering what people think about this spot.What range does this guy have?

1 -If he has the nut flush why would he drive us out with a shove?
    2 -If he has a K high flush or another high flush and does not want a four flush river it seems like a large risk of running into the nut flush which would be almost the only hand calling this shove.
    3 -If he has AQx or other A combos why would he shove?
    4 -I feel like his range is weighted toward made flushes (not the nut flush) which beat mine and he does not want to see another peel.

Any thoughts on his range would be great. Also what is our calling range in this spot?
    Last edited by Tilt Gone; 20-06-11, 05:12.

You said he doesnt fold and he has overbet a few times. What was the board texture the other times?

He can have QJ, AsQ, AQo, AsJ, Ks10, JJ or QQ. He can have 22 or 33. Any Asx. Loads of shit you are ahead off. The only combo's you are afraid of are AsXs. And since you have two spades it reduces those combos further, that said, the bet size weights his hand towards nutted hands, semi nutted hands given he is likely not very good imo

The board textures of the other hands where he overbet would be pretty important info here.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

You can't fold given the action. Don't try to spend too long reasoning what other bad players do, its not worth it.

Comment

fist pump snap call

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          Don't try to spend too long reasoning what other bad players do
          gold
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

so what happened what he have??????

Comment

I shoved my 800 in and Villian 1 folded. Villian 2 turned over 4, 5 of spades and missed his straight flush draw handing me a nice pot. Just wondered would anyone have added those two cards to his range because I certainly didn't lol.

Villian 1 later told me he folded a set of two's............

Comment

Viable c/r on the flop fwiw. Calling as played since doyle told me the average winning hand in a game of Texas Hold 'Em is two pairs.. nh
                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

It's great that it worked out for you and I don't hate the call considering you were on a spin up from the bookies anyway and you had a reasonable assessment of his previous betting patterns but I think as you said his range is heavily weighed towards flushes.I would certainly put what he had in his range as the turn over jam makes (mild) sense considering there is a lot of bad rivers for his hand. We have a good idea I reckon that he has a flush and it's lucky he has one of the few flushes we are beating.
                  I'm not too happy with the size of our flush and I think I find the fold quite often here.
                  However you had a reasonable read on this player and that can obviously be the difference,nice call and glad he didn't bink the turn or river.

Comment

Working...
                  X