AA runner runner flush vs. Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA runner runner flush vs. Set

PokerStars Game #40304545703: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2010/02/25 16:23:19 UTC [2010/02/25 11:23:19 ET]
    Table 'Agassiz' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: playgood009 ($2.30 in chips)
    Seat 2: Acmuald ($2.40 in chips)
    Seat 3: RyanHatfield ($11.40 in chips)
    Seat 4: NUCIBE ($1.85 in chips)
    Seat 5: BerHroft ($10 in chips)
    Seat 7: NilsGor ($2.45 in chips)
    Seat 8: AmokKomaAlex ($10.50 in chips)
    Seat 9: anderr87 ($2.50 in chips)
    jmAAKK will be allowed to play after the button
    NilsGor: posts small blind $0.05
    AmokKomaAlex: posts big blind $0.10
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to RyanHatfield [As Ac]
    anderr87: folds
    playgood009: calls $0.10
    anderr87 leaves the table
    Acmuald: folds
    RyanHatfield: raises $0.30 to $0.40
    NUCIBE: folds
    BerHroft: folds
    NilsGor: folds
    AmokKomaAlex: calls $0.30
    playgood009: folds
    *** FLOP *** [4c 6s 3s]
    AmokKomaAlex: checks
    RyanHatfield: bets $0.50
    AmokKomaAlex: raises $1 to $1.50
    RyanHatfield: raises $3 to $4.50
    AmokKomaAlex: raises $5.60 to $10.10 and is all-in
    RyanHatfield: calls $5.60
    *** TURN *** [4c 6s 3s] [9s]
    *** RIVER *** [4c 6s 3s 9s] [5s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    AmokKomaAlex: shows [3d 3h] (three of a kind, Threes)
    RyanHatfield: shows [As Ac] (a flush, Ace high)
    RyanHatfield collected $20.10 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $21.15 | Rake $1.05
    Board [4c 6s 3s 9s 5s]
    Seat 1: playgood009 folded before Flop
    Seat 2: Acmuald folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: RyanHatfield showed [As Ac] and won ($20.10) with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 4: NUCIBE folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: BerHroft (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: NilsGor (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 8: AmokKomaAlex (big blind) showed [3d 3h] and lost with three of a kind, Threes
    Seat 9: anderr87 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Would you call this a bad beat on his part?

IMO the hand played itself. Its pretty sick for him but I wouldnt be folding that flop unless I have a strong enough read on opponents range. He could be movin on a range of draws...

Comment

Originally posted by Flishie View Post
      IMO the hand played itself. Its pretty sick for him but I wouldnt be folding that flop unless I have a strong enough read on opponents range. He could be movin on a range of draws...
      I put him on a spade draw tbh, just posted the hand cause i felt a little lucky for once

Comment

I'd flat the crai, I think 3betting this flop is definitely bad. With stacks this shallow you have to call a shove and you're behind anything he's willing to continue with on this flop.

His check-raise range is pretty wide on this flop; sets, 2pair, flushdraws, combo draws, some bluffs and maybe top pair and straight draws. By 3betting he folds all the stuff you actually beat (top pair, straight draws and flushdraws) and you get it in (if he's continuing he's getting it in here due to stack sizes, it's the only viable option and he's never bluffing) against his combo draws, 2pair and sets.

You've provided no reads or stats but I'd check behind the turn a fair bit unless he's a bit of a station. I'd be folding a club turn to a bet too.

This is a pretty awful table to be playing at too, try play at a table where most people buy in full.

Comment

Stacks arent shallow they are 100bb's which is standard in online cash.
          Saying OP is behind anything villain is willing to continue with on the flop is plain wrong, its 10nl, he can have smaller overpairs and there is a million draws and pair gutshot combos out there that he'll get all in with.

Im very happy to get it in on this flop.

Dont post results next time you post a hand as it totally influences people replies.

Daire is right about looking for tables with full stacks also.
          Last edited by Starvin Marvin; 25-02-10, 21:13.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
            Stacks arent shallow they are 100bb's which is standard in online cash.
            Saying OP is behind anything villain is willing to continue with on the flop is plain wrong, its 10nl, he can have smaller overpairs and there is a million draws and pair gutshot combos out there that he'll get all in with.

Im very happy to get it in on this flop.

Dont post results next time you post a hand as it totally influences people replies.

Daire is right about looking for tables with full stacks also.
            He flats with TT+ in the BB? No way he does this on the flop with 77-99. He has hardly ever has any overpairs in his range here. I've played a few thousand hands of 10NL and people don't stack off as lightly as you think. Flushdraw + gutter is the worst he's stacking off with here without a read that he's a complete drooler IMO.

I didn't mean to say that stacks were shallow but they're definitely not deep enough that the villain ever flats this 3bet, he's shoving or folding is what I was trying to get across.
            Last edited by daire; 25-02-10, 21:22.

Comment

Ive come across guys flatting up to QQ in these spots, 3bets are so rare at these stakes especially in full ring, i wouldnt discount them from his range tbh. Hes rarely folding once he check raises alright but AA plays well against the range i think he gets it in with.

If we flat half the deck is an awful card as well and gives him a chance to get us off the best hand.
              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback lads

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                  Ive come across guys flatting up to QQ in these spots, 3bets are so rare at these stakes especially in full ring, i wouldnt discount them from his range tbh. Hes rarely folding once he check raises alright but AA plays well against the range i think he gets it in with.

If we flat half the deck is an awful card as well and gives him a chance to get us off the best hand.
                  This is where we just have a basic disagreement, I think a standard fullstack player at 10NL folds all his pair+gutter type stuff to a 3bet. Seeing as how the inclusion of these hands in his range makes a fairly large difference in equity we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                  X