1/2 NLH.. Bet turn??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 NLH.. Bet turn??

So it's 1/2 NLH, with a straddle of 5e, and its folded to me (stack of 400e+) in hijack who raises to 16e with A5o, and I quickly get called by villain in cutoff (stack of approx 200e). Everyone else folds. After seeing his cards after showdown and his general donkish comments, I've gathered that he likes a gamble, and only 3bets PF with a monster (AK, QQ, KK, AA).

Flop comes 4h,6h,7x.. I bet 25e into 40e pot. Villain flats. At this stage I'm putting him on two overs, a flush draw or PP up to JJ at best, but I can't think he's hit that flop. I figure I'm ahead at the moment and that I'm being floated.

Turn comes 8h. I check, intending to come ott when villain stabs 50e-60e. Unfortunately, villain checks back quickly. Sick.

River comes Ah, so 4 hearts on board. I check, villain mulls over it and bets 35e, and hero pays him off only to be shown KxQh.

I normally would instamuck this hand PF but straddles were being given up rather easily, and 3bets PF were very rare.

On the flop, the c-bet is obviously the right play, but should I have bet the turn also when the 3rd heart landed, and if so, how much? I figure if he's picked up a big flush draw on the turn, then he'll be willing to pay anything up to pot to try and hit, so should I try an extract most value here by betting pot? And what if he 3bet shoves?

I know my call on the river was ridiculous, deserve a good kick in the nuts for that!!

Yeah without doubt bet turn. Think about the sizing so you can shove less than pot on any non heart river.

Comment

The idea to cr the turn is poor as you need a lot of things to align in your favour for it to work. He can definitely have a better hand, flushes have you drawing dead, same with T9. I would bet the turn, about 65-70 and then probably the river too depending, but I would plan to fold to any raise.

Comment

You have to barrel the turn here having made a hand which although likely ahead, is very vulnerable. c/f river is ok.
        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
        X