Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 similar hands vs unknowns at 100nl and 200nl RUSH

Hand 1

First hand I dont have no reads other than my HUD which has him as very aggro so far, hes playing 39/19 with aggression of 7 and is Russian. He is not one of the regs at rush anyway.

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($194.15)
    BB ($108.45)
    Hero (UTG) ($210.45)
    MP ($101.55)
    CO ($43.75)
    Button ($123.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, K
    Hero bets $3, 4 folds, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6.50) 3, 9, Q (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB raises $11.50, Hero calls $7.50

Turn: ($29.50) 2 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $20, BB calls $20

River: ($69.50) 6 (2 players)
    BB bets $73.95 (All-In), Hero ...
    My plan on turn was to bet/call, is river a call?

Hand 2:

Again similar spot vs a guy who I have 13 hands on, hes 33/17 so far.

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($414.05)
    UTG ($1293.35)
    MP ($1009.35)
    CO ($325.70)
    Hero (Button) ($232)
    SB ($188.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, K
    UTG bets $6, 2 folds, Hero calls $6, SB calls $5, BB calls $4

Flop: ($24) Q, 10, 2 (4 players)
    SB bets $24, 2 folds, Hero calls $24

Turn: ($72) Q (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $44, SB calls $44

River: ($160) 7 (2 players)
    SB bets $114.90 (All-In), Hero ...

Again Im not sure should I be calling here or not. This time I think I run into a flopped set/flush quite a bit when you are vs a most likely unknown fish. If the river is a non flush card I call here all the time, I presume that is ok too?

Il throw out a few thoughts anyway

Hand 1

Is J10 not the only hand we really beat? I understand he is v aggressive but can he really turn up with air here. I would assume his flop raising range would be sets, flushdraws and J10. I call on a non diamond river i guess.

hand 2

Cant see how you are ahead here even on a non flush river its a weird line for someone to take. It really looks like a flush or flopped set as you said. I fold anyway.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

How many hands have you on him in the 1st? Hard to see him getting there like that with anything you beat, would fold. Agree with b/c turn, might make it a little bigger, planning to shove blank rivers if he calls yeah?

I might fold the flop in the 2nd as well after he donk pots that board 4 way, folding now, don't think he has enough straight draws or random spew in his range after the turn k/c

Comment

How many hands do you have on the first guy? with an aggression factor of 7 I think he barrells all FD's and 2 pair type hands on the turn. I snap him off anyway because he looks full of shite

fold second one pretty comfortably

Comment

I've only about 60 hands on the guy in the first

Comment

Hand 1

Probably folding. Dont hate a call and taking note. You will get alot of info from it about him.

Hand 2.

Pretty easy fold imo. He has TT alot.

Comment

Hand 1

From my experience playing 100nl rush, this can easily be a bluff. I've seen guys turn hands that have some showdown value (but not much) into bluffs in spots like this with similar lines taken at 100nl.

The only thing that worries me here is that he c/c the turn. As Bubbleking pointed out, I would expect a guy with an agg factor of 7 to barrel a lot of fd's ott. Despite this, I prob call anyway.

Hand 2

I really don't see what we can beat here. His lead looks super strong for a start. Tbh, it looks like a line taken by 10's/2's full. It makes perfect sense that he would c/c ott and shove the river with those hands.

Assuming he's a somewhat decent reg, he will probably assume you have more fd's and oesd's in your range than Qx's which he tries to induce a bet from by ckecking the turn when your gonna be dead. Remember that your unknown to him aswel, so I find it likely he would take that line with 10's and 2's.

Comment

Originally posted by NicoSanty View Post
                Hand 1

From my experience playing 100nl rush, this can easily be a bluff. I've seen guys turn hands that have some showdown value (but not much) into bluffs in spots like this with similar lines taken at 100nl.

The only thing that worries me here is that he c/c the turn. As Bubbleking pointed out, I would expect a guy with an agg factor of 7 to barrel a lot of fd's ott. Despite this, I prob call anyway.

Hand 2

I really don't see what we can beat here. His lead looks super strong for a start. Tbh, it looks like a line taken by 10's/2's full. It makes perfect sense that he would c/c ott and shove the river with those hands.

Assuming he's a somewhat decent reg, he will probably assume you have more fd's and oesd's in your range than Qx's which he tries to induce a bet from by ckecking the turn when your gonna be dead. Remember that your unknown to him aswel, so I find it likely he would take that line with 10's and 2's.
                There is no way this guy is a decent reg, as he doesn't have a full stack and his PSB on the flop is a bit fishy as well. Hand 1 is the much closer to a call than hand 2 for sure. Hand 2 is an easy enough fold I guess, just a bit annoying but glad I made it as I don't fold often enough in spots like the above 2.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                  There is no way this guy is a decent reg, as he doesn't have a full stack and his PSB on the flop is a bit fishy as well. Hand 1 is the much closer to a call than hand 2 for sure. Hand 2 is an easy enough fold I guess, just a bit annoying but glad I made it as I don't fold often enough in spots like the above 2.
                  I did say "assuming he was a decent reg", not that he was. 13 hands is not really enough to say he is or isn't but you must have a good reason to assume he isn't.

The fact he's not full-stacked doesn't really say too much tbh unless you see him below a full-stack often. He just may not have topped up yet, after the last pot he played.

I often have trouble with these spots aswel but I'm slowly leaking out the bad calls out of my game in these spots.

Did you call in Hand 1 after?

I don't think hand 2 is an easy fold considering your lack of info on the villain but I think you really need to find the fold button here. You did anyway and it's prob correct I think.

Comment

Yeah, I folded both. Happy enough with them now I think, I'd say calling/folding in hand 1 is pretty break even overall or very little difference in them with the info I had. Normally I would call in hand 1 but I do find myself tilting a little when I call in such spots so going to try and start folding in similar spots more often.

Comment

Fold both. First hand I expect to see a flush, second hand is a flush or full house most of the time too.

Comment

I prob fold both, or like to think I do if I was in that spot

Hand 1 is pretty close though

Comment

what's your move if villains check?

Comment

I'd fold both and i'd be really fucking tilted after both of them.

Comment

If everyone folds these so very often, I'm gonna have to start donk shoving my missed flushdraws.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                If everyone folds these so very often, I'm gonna have to start donk shoving my missed flushdraws.
                                Both the flushes hit, i'd imagine everyone calls both if they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                  Both the flushes hit, i'd imagine everyone calls both if they don't.
                                  Ah Colquhom I'm only out of bed! Of course I meant my hits.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Either that or my air every time the board flushes. I'm not awake today.

Comment

Hand 1: This is a crying call OTR but having one blocker to the flush draw makes it that tiny bit easier. Also the fact that villain is super-aggro would sway me. If we start folding big overpairs to players like this when they barrel three streets we're going to be badly exploited long term. They never relent.

Hand 2: In this case it's a super-marginal fold on the river, as I expect villain to either barrel or c/shove his value range on the turn given board texture. This line looks so strongly a draw that I probably just fold, even with decent odds.
                                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

hard to find any hands your really beaten in either hand, in hand 1 if your putting your opponent on a draw which is pretty likely then you got to think he got there unless he raised you with a straight draw so i think its a fold for me anyway...

hand 2 is a definite fold for me on the river.. 22 and TT are very likely hands here as he pots it on the flop with 4 players in the pot and a flush draw on board.. when the board pairs he slows down by check calling and then when the diamond river hits he shoves probably hoping you were on the flush draw and have to call... whichever way you look at it unless this guy has shown air in previous spots like this your KQ cant possibly be good!

Comment

Working...
                                        X