Some boring hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some boring hands

Starting a table with villain, hes like 30/27 with an 11% 3bet in a small sample before the table broke. No real reads.

Plan for flop, bet/call, check/call? Presumably noone wants to bet/fold or do they?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (2 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($649)
    Hero (BB) ($499)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, K
    SB bets $12, Hero raises to $44, SB calls $32

Flop: ($88) 9, 10, K (2 players)

Total pot: $88

Villain is 28/16 and doesnt fold to cbets on flop or turn very much, pretty insignificant sample of like 100 hands though.

What do people want to do on the river? The way i see it we could jam, bet big, check raise allin or bet small.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (4 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($676)
    BB ($400)
    UTG ($719.40)
    Button ($150)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 2
    2 folds, Hero bets $12, BB calls $8

Flop: ($24) 8, 7, 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $16, BB calls $16

Turn: ($56) 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $44, BB calls $44

River: ($144) 2 (2 players)

Total pot: $144

Hand 1: Horrible horrible flop, just hits his range so hard. I'm really not sure what I do here, kinda depends on how I think villan plays. We will never get in all that good on the flop and its pretty thin to go betting all the way. It's probably ok of a flop to check/call I think and re-evaluate on the turn.

Hand 2: I'd overbet the river, $200. Checking obviously depends on how light he value bets or if you think he would play straight draws/gutters like this. He's going to have A high a decent bit here as well I think. The fact that its bvb you would think that he 3bets any hand better than 88. You are really looking to get a call with A high and whatever other pair he has. Again it's pretty villan dependant

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
      Hand 1: Horrible horrible flop, just hits his range so hard. I'm really not sure what I do here, kinda depends on how I think villan plays. We will never get in all that good on the flop and its pretty thin to go betting all the way. It's probably ok of a flop to check/call I think and re-evaluate on the turn.

Hand 2: I'd overbet the river, $200. Checking obviously depends on how light he value bets or if you think he would play straight draws/gutters like this. He's going to have A high a decent bit here as well I think. The fact that its bvb you would think that he 3bets any hand better than 88. You are really looking to get a call with A high and whatever other pair he has. Again it's pretty villan dependant
      How thin would you valuebet the river if you were the villain?

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
        How thin would you valuebet the river if you were the villain?
        Hate to say it, but it depends on the hero!! It's hard to see anyone c/c with worse than an 8 really? If villan was really spazzy you could bet with a 7 or an 8 to induce a CR bluff but like that would need some good reads.

Comment

Hand 1 I bet/fold. I dont see a problem with bet folding here but am open to change on that.

Hand 2. I think I would go for a crai

Comment

I checked the first one, he checked back and i bet a 9 turn and he folded.
            I bet something standard in the second and he folded, i think i prefer check raise allin aswell, he'll have to be 8x, 7x to balance for all his missed oesd and missed bd spades.

Comment

Hand 1 I b/f as well. I think its between b/f and c/c without any aggro dynamic.
              Hand 2 I think betting small is clearly worst. I also dislike a crai. I way prefer overbetting to a crai.
              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Hand 1: B/F as others have said. B3B would be spewy as he'd need to be bluff-raising a ton given your equity vs his value range and i can't see that happening on a board where you'll c/f air so often.
                C/c isn't terrible but there's better hands for it (hands that can call down on more board runouts).

Hand 2: I think this is a c/r in theory but betting is better in practice. I figure a lot of players won't vbet that thin here as it doesn't look like you have much of a c/c range on the river. Overbet of $200 seems good as its a spot where BB's calling range will be pretty inelastic.

Comment

Thanks for the responses

Comment

H1: B/f looks fine to me. He really shouldn't be bluff raising here

H2: I bet 160-200

Comment

a
                      Last edited by OasisKid; 16-05-11, 16:00.

Comment

Hand 1: c/c flop. I don't think villain ever pure bluff-raises us but he will raise with some of his Pair/NFD type semi-bluff hands as well as his 2P+ range, leaving us with a really tough decision. By c/c we may get villain to slow down on the turn with his combos if the draws brick, and also with his 2p+ when a scare card hits. He rarely bets the turn with worse given the nature of our line..

Hand 2: c/r OTR as villain will bet a lot here both as a bluff and when he thinks he's good. He will assume he gets paid off by Ax here a lot given our line and the missed draw/low board, since if we had an overpair we would surely have barrelled the river.

The way I see it, villain is less likely to call our 3rd barrel bet with the hands we want to extract value from, but will alternatively bet these hands when checked to (with the exception of A-high) since full houses are awesome and bluffers gonna bluff.
                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                        X