Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 hand from IO cash table

OK, hopefully I can remember this one correctly:

€1 / €2 NL Hold'em, often straddled to €5.

Hero was in MP playing €220 or so, with Villain 1 in the BB playing €600 and Villain 2 in EP playing €180.

Villain 1 was capable, more aggressive than most. Villain 2 was weak, when she hit a hand she liked she would not (and probably could not) fold.

As typical in live games, a few player limped, Hero called in MP with Td 9d. Perhaps 5 players saw a flop of Qd Ts 8d. Checked to Villain 2, who makes it €12, Hero flats, as does Villain 2, all others fold.

Pot of approx. €50

Turn of 9s, giving Hero weak two-pair with gutshot and flush draw. Villain 1 checks, Villain 2 bets €45. Hero flats this, thinking he could easily be possibly be ahead of Villain 2 (she would take the same line with AQ and KQ, among other hands) and even if behind will definitely get paid if he hits one of his draws.

Q1) Thoughts so far?

Villain 1 insta-shoves, with Villain 2 calling relatively quickly. Decision back on Hero - pot is approx. €450, Hero has €160 behind.

Q2) It is wrong for the Hero to have a careful think about his decision at this point, or is it an instant and happy call? Two pair is not good at this point obviously, nor the gutshot draw (edit: to split - thanks digiman!), while the flush draw might be up against a better one and if there is a set of queens or tens out there (fairly unlikely, unless Villain 2 has it), the draw to the house is worthless.

Or is having a think here too much MUTBS for live poker, considering the general standard of €1 / €2 at a poker festival?
    Last edited by ionapaul; 26-04-11, 15:55.

Raise the flop and hope to get it in there and then.

You had a gutshot on the flop, on turn you just have a draw to a split pot or your behind unless Jd comes!

Comment

Yeah, turn is an easy fold. I'd be looking to put more chips in on the flop though.
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I'd be looking to get the loot in on the flop tbh. As played I fold turn.
        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Fold got 45 on the turn

Comment

what they all said
            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Raise pre unless there's a lot of 3betting. Given that the pot is pretty small, flat calling the flop is fine. On the turn you really need to stove the ranges, but i'd be surprised if you should fold. You could easily be up against two straights

Comment

I think this needs to be stoved. Obviously we're never holding the best hand right now, but we've 13 outs to a flush or a house, 2 to a split, and we're getting nearly 3/1. It's got to be close.
                Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 27-04-11, 06:58.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Why didn't you raise the flop? What would you have done if the flop was raised after you call?

Id be raising the flop always.

Comment

Raise flop..get it in. End of discussion
                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Working...
                    X