Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

royal flush..Anyway to extract more value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

royal flush..Anyway to extract more value?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (4 handed) -

Didnt raise pre because the last 2 times I did he shoved and i ended up folding,

Didnt bet the flop as the last 3 times the button had limped he had a small ace.Figured if he had an A and I bet he was shoving and wasn't calling with 2nd pair.

Once the turn came the Kc..what would you of done?

Would you of played it differently?

Is there anyway to get more chips in the middle?

Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button (t4910)
    SB (t4750)
    Hero (BB) (t3120)
    UTG (t720)

Hero's M: 20.80

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, J
    1 fold, Button calls t100, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: (t250) A, 6, 10 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: (t250) K (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets t175, Hero calls t175

River: (t600) Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks

Total pot: t600

SPOILER
    Results:
    Button had 5, A (one pair, Aces).
    Hero had 10, J (royal flush).
    Outcome: Hero won t600

Bet the turn and bet the river

Comment

Someone's running good. Im telling ya J10s is the nuts

Bet 150-175 on turn.
      As played bet 400 on river

Comment

Why do you keep checking?

Comment

Only way is to bet about 300-400 the river. Sucks cos its pretty obvious to him he's beat

Comment

I checked the flop cos I figured I was behind from what I'd seen of my opponent I was nearly certain he had an ace.
            I checked the turn again for the same reason...even tho the club helped i thought ckeck calling was best,
            and for the stupidest answer yet when the river came i was kinda in shock and pressed check by mistake, i realise kinda donkish

Comment

Originally posted by bulletprooftiger View Post
              Is there anyway to get more chips in the middle?
              Everytime the action was on you, you checked.
              You could justify a bet on every street. Each street you had more reason to bet than the last.

Basically, beting more = more chips in the middle

Comment

Thanks for the help/info/advice i really dont mean to be sounding like a spa by asking these questiion, but thanks for taking the time to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletprooftiger View Post
                  I checked the flop cos I figured I was behind from what I'd seen of my opponent I was nearly certain he had an ace.
                  I checked the turn again for the same reason...even tho the club helped i thought ckeck calling was best,
                  and for the stupidest answer yet when the river came i was kinda in shock and pressed check by mistake, i realise kinda donkish
                  You should raise the turn almost 100%. Once you check he'll be looking to try and steal the pot. So a lot of the time you take it down here and when you dont you have a lot of outs to improve.

Comment

im not sure why people are telling you to bet out turn. So he can fold all the bluffs he will prob make trying to rep the ace or king?? Also there isnt any river cards ur afriad of really so dont need to worry bout him checking back turn anyway cos dont need to protect your equity. Turn you played fine as c/r is also silly considering he will only call or raise hands that beat you. River i donk bet 300-400 i presume he will raise a J or another flush himself if he has it and also get value from Ax Kx hands which he may call but he def wont bet them himself
                    Last edited by Ballyegan; 13-03-11, 11:23.

Comment

nm
                      Last edited by nuxxx; 22-05-11, 03:12.

Comment

Working...
                      X