UKIPT Live satellite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIPT Live satellite

Very tight game (4 players gone in 4hours) 8 players left 2 ticket gtd, 2 short stacks 1 big stack rest of table 18-25k. Blinds 700-1500, utg (24k) limps tight player only showed big holding cards , 1 fold , another limper(26k) played slightly looser but solid enough,2 folds to me on button(20k) holding 3h3s (call, fold, raise?)

Looks like a very dangerous spot to shove - I'd be just calling to set-mine.

Comment

Easy fold the tight guy utg limping sets off alarm bells for me
      he could limp call here with hands like 88 aj
      with 14bbs im never calling to set mine here
      with no antes your not under great pressure yet

Comment

Originally posted by playuppompey pompeyplayup View Post
        Very tight game (4 players gone in 4hours) 8 players left 2 ticket gtd, 2 short stacks 1 big stack rest of table 18-25k. Blinds 700-1500, utg (24k) limps tight player only showed big holding cards , 1 fold , another limper(26k) played slightly looser but solid enough,2 folds to me on button(20k) holding 3h3s (call, fold, raise?)
        Fold > call > shove I think.

Shoving is basically a total steal so you might as well have 72 cos the guys limp call range crushes you.

The set mine call isn't horrible but really you need to be deeper (20 bbs or more). I know you hit a set one time in 8 almost but you need greater implied odds than 8 to 1 because (a) you might not get paid even if you do hit (b) the blinds may raise and force you to fold and (c) you'll occasionally get set over setted. If you think the blinds are extremely unlikely to raise and you think the first limper is limping a monster and will pay you off if you hit a set then you can just about justify the call.
        My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
          Easy fold the tight guy utg limping sets off alarm bells for me
          What are you worried about exactly?

I set mine and hope he was getting tricky with AA

Comment

i dont mind folding here at all, with the game been played as tight as it is and not been deep stacked i think there are better spots to shove, calling is not an option 4me as you can only continue with the hand if you flop set + blinds could wake up with hand also.
            so im folding in that spot(then again i am a pussy)

Comment

As played i limp in with 3s i do think utg has AA KK AK, flop Jc 10h 3c, table checks to me i bet out 4500 both blinds fold, utg pushes all in next player thinks 1-2 mins goes all in- me allin/fold?

Comment

Call. AcKc, AcQc is getting it in here from the mid-position player. Very easy for either to have a set but just as easy for one or both to have over pairs and the suited hands I already mentioned. Tempting fold, but I wouldn't unless a lot deeper.

Comment

i think the limp pre is fine, call now, you have a set and less than 10 bb's behind

Comment

Really?????

Is folding ever an option here.......seriously??
                    twitter
                    moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                      Call. AcKc, AcQc is getting it in here from the mid-position player. Very easy for either to have a set but just as easy for one or both to have over pairs and the suited hands I already mentioned. Tempting fold, but I wouldn't unless a lot deeper.

Not only am I not folding a set here, I'm not folding AA,KK,QQ, 10J, AJ, QcKc or Qc9c
                      twitter
                      moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                        Not only am I not folding a set here, I'm not folding AA,KK,QQ, 10J, AJ, QcKc or Qc9c
                        I'd prob drop QQ and AJ of those, no more. Would also call Ac10c obv. It's the check-shoving instead of leading out on a draw heavy board by a tight and solid player that make folding some hands of that range doable, never a set tho.
                        Last edited by NuckChorris; 02-03-11, 14:34.

Comment

Edit : meant for bbv
                          Last edited by tipp86; 02-03-11, 15:43.
                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

As played i limp in with 3s i do think utg has AA KK AK, flop Jc 10h 3c, table checks to me i bet out 4500 both blinds fold, utg pushes all in next player thinks 1-2 mins goes all in- me allin/fold?
                            you called to hit a miracle 3 and thats what happened, folding is never an option in that spot.

if you run into a higher set or get outdrawn, suck it up and inquire about the next satt

Comment

Result: i begrudgingly made the call as the winner of this pot wud have a ticket sown up , utg does have pocket JJ and 2nd player A8clubs Jacks hold up.
                              Was sick with myself for not folding and i was so close to doing so and the more i thought about the hand after fold seems like the best option becuase i put utg on big hand and cant see how utg or 2nd player can check flop with QQ KK AA as its so draw heavy so kinda has to be a higher set out there when pushes

Comment

Think it would have been some soul read if you folded the set of 3's there.
                                Its just a cooler, only way you get away is if you fold pre.

btw if the guy had AcKc he would have accused you of slow rolling
                                twitter
                                moneybookers

Comment

Result: i begrudgingly made the call as the winner of this pot wud have a ticket sown up , utg does have pocket JJ and 2nd player A8clubs Jacks hold up.
                                  Was sick with myself for not folding and i was so close to doing so and the more i thought about the hand after fold seems like the best option becuase i put utg on big hand and cant see how utg or 2nd player can check flop with QQ KK AA as its so draw heavy so kinda has to be a higher set out there when pushes
                                  Retrospective poker is easy

Comment

Folding the flop after hitting your set would be awful. You're basically set mining pre so if you're even going to consider folding a set you should be folding pre.

As I said in my original post, one of the reasons why the call pre this shallow isn't optimal is because you will sometimes get set over setted (although this is a smaller consideration than the danger of getting reraised pre, or not paid if you do hit).

Getting set over setted is unlucky, but if you're set mining with a small pair against a bigger one, it's going to happen almost 10% of the time, and when it does it's catastrophic, so it is a significant factor that most people generally don't consider but should. If you're up against more than one bigger pair it becomes even more significant.
                                    My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                                      Getting set over setted is unlucky, but if you're set mining with a small pair against a bigger one, it's going to happen almost 10% of the time, and when it does it's catastrophic, so it is a significant factor that most people generally don't consider but should. If you're up against more than one bigger pair it becomes even more significant.
                                      Wouldn't have really thought about it this way before. Takes away a lot from the needing to get 8/1 (implied or not) on your money. nice post!

Comment

Am i the only person that folds pre?
                                        ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                        I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                          Am i the only person that folds pre?
                                          did you read the thread?
                                          Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                          Easy fold ...
                                          Originally posted by doke View Post
                                          Fold > call > shove I think.
                                          Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                          i dont mind folding here at all,
                                          Most people said fold.
                                          A few said set mine was fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            did you read the thread?

Most people said fold.
                                            A few said set mine was fine too.
                                            True.... i read the thread i just seemed to think everyone was say call, obv got owned.
                                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Working...
                                            X