SnG stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnG stats

I moved up from $1 SnGs to $2 SnGs (because I got my minimum bankroll for the upper limit), but almost as soon as I arrived, I lost a number of BIs and had to go back to the $1 SnGs.

Yes, sample size for the $2 SnGs is very small, but I want to know if there's anything I'm doing completely different to the $1 SnGs that isn't apparent to me. Also, is there any major leaks in my $1 SnG stats as well?

Here are the Blind and Position stats for my $1 SnGs

Here are the Blind and Position stats for my $2 SnGs

Last edited by Emperor Badger; 21-02-11, 12:51.

Sample size very small. In general play fewer hands in the early and mid stages and fold more in the blinds.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Big gap between your VPIP and PFR in the early stages means that you're limping in or calling preflop far too much. No matter how much value you're getting, it is a far better strategy to fold mediocre holdings preflop in the early stages of these games. Try to drill this simple concept into your mind:

You cannot win a sit and go in the early stages, but you can certainly lose it.

This gap might look smaller in your stats at the 50/100 - 120/240 levels, but at this point you will get ruthlessly exploited by the better players in a sit and go unless you are playing a positional advantage, which I suspect you aren't. e.g. Either 3bet or fold mediocre holdings in the SB and BB at these stages. The position you should be playing loose in is on the button. Your positional stats clearly show that you are calling way too much in the SB and BB. So here's another concept to drill into your head:

Positional advantage is significantly better for your winrate than value

Good luck.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
      X