Quick check on a ruling (sic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick check on a ruling (sic)

just a quick question regarding stating your hand. Pre flop action is irrelevant but a 40 euro pot 3 players flop ace 7 7. I hold a 7 on the button. Big blind goes all in for 37, call by other player and i shove over the top. He tanks and i declare "i've pretty much the nuts" (not looking for advice i was pretty smashed not in the habit of speech play when sober). He asks so you've an ace then and i agree. He calls and i table the house. He asks for a ruling.

Your ruling? I thought my hand was only dead by declaring both cards not one.....plus i didnt have the nuts as i declared pretty much the nuts

Originally posted by Ace is good View Post
    just a quick question regarding stating your hand. Pre flop action is irrelevant but a 40 euro pot 3 players flop ace 7 7. I hold a 7 on the button. Big blind goes all in for 37, call by other player and i shove over the top. He tanks and i declare "i've pretty much the nuts" (not looking for advice i was pretty smashed not in the habit of speech play when sober). He asks so you've an ace then and i agree. He calls and i table the house. He asks for a ruling.

Your ruling? I thought my hand was only dead by declaring both cards not one.....plus i didnt have the nuts as i declared pretty much the nuts
    He tought you were trash taking but got caught so I think he just asked for a ruling to b a prick imho.
    as regard the ruling, I cant see anythingh wring with what you did, I wuold probably tell the other player to stop being a sore loser.
    Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol

Comment

Re: 'Quick check on a ruling (sic)' [sic]

My ruling would be: 'Look lads, it's getting late. Would ye's please stop wasting my time? Thanks'.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace is good View Post

You hold a 7, or A-7?

As for the biggest bs in poker, the 'truth' tule, I believe you can say stuff like "I've pretty much the nuts" but you can't say I have ace of diamonds, 7 of spades.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
          Re: 'Quick check on a ruling (sic)' [sic]

My ruling would be: 'Look lads, it's getting late. Would ye's please stop wasting my time? Thanks'.
          This is definitely the most sensible ruling. Any ruling other than this would be pretty silly. I might lean towards some penalty for the guy who asked for the ruling cos he's clearly looking to angleshoot.
          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Please dont tell me your hand was killed ???

Comment

As the BB is already all in, your effectively heads up with the other player where speech play is generally accepted, i agree with the above, the guy is out of line calling a ruling for this. If your hand was declared dead it would be outrageous. Had you bluntly n openly disclosed what your exact two whole cards were, things may be different.
              Last edited by BrianByrne; 30-01-11, 20:18.
              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

The guy was being a prick and trying to angleshoot.

I would of simply pointed out that he waited to see if he was good before calling for a ruling, so was clearly calling thinking you were bluffing.
                If he wanted his call for a ruling to be taken anyway seriously then he should of called before acting.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                  As the BB is already all in, your effectively heads up with the other player where speech play is generally accepted, i agree with the above, the guy is out of line calling a ruling for this. If your hand was declared dead it would be outrageous. Had you bluntly n openly disclosed what your exact two whole cards were, things may be different.
                  I Definetly don't agree with this. Just because 1 player is all in does not mean the hand is effectively heads up. Speech play at this point could dictate the final outcome of the all in players hand so speech play should still not occur. As it is a cash game though, pretty much everything goes

If i am short and ship, get called in one spot and the the caller talks someone else into calling who eventually scoops, I would be pretty pissed off.

Comment

Working...
                  X