Under repped hand all in vs chip leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under repped hand all in vs chip leader

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 22 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

UTG (t4660)
    UTG+1 (t12460)
    MP1 (t1970)
    MP2 (t16185)
    MP3 (t11685)
    CO (t3035)
    Button (t7339)
    SB (t5290)2
    Hero (BB) (t7785)

Hero's M: 25.95

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 8
    UTG calls t200, UTG+1 calls t200, 1 fold, MP2 calls t200, 3 folds, SB calls t100, Hero checks

Flop: (t1000) 9, 7, 10 (5 players)
    SB bets t400, Hero raises to t2400, 2 folds, MP2 raises to t15985 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls t5185 (All-In)

Turn: (t16570) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t16570) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t16570

I know i flop 2nd nuts here but should i flat that way i can get away on turn maybe or if some1 has the j8 i can fold considering the big stack had pretty much been playing the nuts. any suggestions please
    Last edited by Pat Mustard; 12-01-11, 01:15.
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

No way, I like the bet sizing too. Board ran out like a horror show though.

Comment

I'd bet out but never with the intention of folding. The reasons I lead are to (a) build a pot and (b) protect our hand.
      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

i know its easy to say after but the big stack was playin very well could easily have had 7's. set.... there if i flat and board pairs i could maybe get away, although very hard 2 fold obv

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
          i know its easy to say after but the big stack was playin very well could easily have had 7's. set.... there if i flat and board pairs i could maybe get away, although very hard 2 fold obv
          I like your name.
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

thanks but the name is true to form, not currently a winning online tourney or cash player, live... few results in both but nothing spec, got on here to try to learn from some of these lads

Comment

Played it fine. Embrace the variance!
              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

You're missing the basics of poker by posting this. You want to get your chips in, in a +EV situation. You flop the 2nd nuts and you're looking for an excuse to fold? Get your chips in and fist pump if he turns over 77. That's a dream scenario for you because you're about 64% favourite. 77 is even better than QhJh

Never ever ever ever fold here

Comment

ok fair enough im never goin 2 fold, what do i do different to get this guy to fold?

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 125/250 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB (t2440)
                  BB (t4265)
                  UTG (t7960)
                  MP1 (t2700)
                  MP2 (t2280)
                  CO (t4000)
                  Hero (Button) (t4555)

Hero's M: 12.15

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
                  1 fold, MP1 bets t750, 2 folds, Hero raises t4530, 2 folds, MP1 calls t1925

Flop: (t5725) 9, 2, 9 (2 players)

Turn: (t5725) K (2 players)

River: (t5725) 4 (2 players)

Total pot: t5725
                  Main pot: t5725 between MP1 and Hero, won by MP1

Results:
                  Hero had J, J (two pair, Jacks and nines).
                  MP1 had J, K (two pair, Kings and nines).
                  Outcome: MP1 won t5900

Comment

then i end up folding this hand, was a pretty sticky spot but feel i made right decision considering bet on river usually means he has it...well thats what i think

anyone would have played it different?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t3540)
                    MP1 (t2895)
                    MP2 (t4880)
                    MP3 (t3000)
                    Hero (CO) (t3585)
                    Button (t2393)
                    SB (t690)
                    BB (t2870)
                    UTG (t4000)

Hero's M: 79.67

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, Q
                    UTG calls t30, 4 folds, (unknown) calls t30 (All-In), Button calls t30, SB calls t15, BB checks

Flop: (t150) 8, 9, Q (5 players, 1 all-in)
                    SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets t60, Hero calls t60, 3 folds

Turn: (t270) Q (3 players, 1 all-in)
                    UTG bets t150 Hero raises 650, UTG calls t500

River: (t920) 10 (3 players, 1 all-in)
                    UTG bets t1900, Hero folds

Total pot: t920
                    Last edited by Pat Mustard; 12-01-11, 04:49. Reason: hand history converter didnt show up what i did on turn, still figuring out how to use it

Comment

I suspect I'm being levelled here, but:

When you have JJ and shove, you want your opponent to call with KJ. Winning at poker is about making a worse hand call or a better hand fold. You made a worse hand call, well done.

That QJ hand is a pretty sick spot, though.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I know i flop 2nd nuts here but should i flat that way i can get away on turn maybe or if some1 has the j8 i can fold considering the big stack had pretty much been playing the nuts.
                        you don't want get away from a scare card (there are lots, not all ot which will be actually outs).
                        Nobody should have J8

Yopu also don't want to get a fold from KJ when you hold JJ

You seem to be making a common mistake of try to win pots, only play hands through when when you'll end up the winner etc.
                        You want to win chips, not pots. To do this you need to get as many chips in when you are as far ahead as possible.

Comment

Working...
                        X