wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf?

ok, this is the first hand ive posted on IPB...looking for feedback.....

Been doing ok....early doors, managed to chip up nicely....3rd of 70 (48 runners left) odd....6 seats...

Only on this table 5-6 hands...no info on anyone....

Game # 2024571447 - Texas Hold'em No Limit 50/100 - €200 Table "Tournament Table EMOP Gran Canaria Sunday Final 9647026 4"

Players(max 9):
    S_KELOPURO (2,877.00 in seat 1)
    BBridge (2,964.00 in seat 2)
    HERO (9,780.00 in seat 3)
    uvs_Zeus (2,845.00 in seat 4)
    eladosh (9,441.00 in seat 5)
    BOMBEN66 (6,052.00 in seat 7)
    janivaan (2,728.00 in seat 8)
    kingdjinn (8,495.00 in seat 9)

Dealer: HERO
    Small Blind: uvs_Zeus (50.00)
    Big Blind: eladosh (100.00)

HERO was dealt: Qc - As

BOMBEN66 Call (100.00)
    janivaan Fold
    kingdjinn Fold
    S_KELOPURO Fold
    BBridge Fold
    HERO Raise (500.00)
    uvs_Zeus Fold
    eladosh Call (400.00)
    BOMBEN66 Call (400.00)

Flop Qs - 4s - 8c

eladosh Check
    BOMBEN66 Check
    HERO Bet (1,162.00)
    eladosh Raise (2,324.00)
    BOMBEN66 Fold
    HERO Call (1,162.00)

Turn Qs - 4s - 8c - 7c

eladosh Bet (2,400.00)

HERO ??????
    Last edited by ferg; 09-01-11, 21:53.

Your opening raise is far too big

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      Your opening raise is far too big
      you saw the utg limper, right?

Comment

Was playing this tourney bagged a seat with 11 left there was 3 on my table with 10,000 or under 2 got seats 3 was the bubble for €376 if u fold u still have 8,000 odd double the starting stack if u call you will probley be facing another big bet on the river i fold because it is either flush draw or more likley a set could also be aq for a split kq not likley

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
          Even with the limper, i think 425 is plenty big enough

Comment

Ah, the old flop check minraise.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
              I didn't actually, but I still think 500 is too big even with a limper,

Comment

agree that my raise was a tad too high (thought behind it is to get rid of small pocket pairs, generally successfully too)....puttin far too much pressure on my stack on later streets...esp against villains similar stack...(the flop check minraise is a fav of mine too)...felt like shoving it if it hadnt been the last final (that said im not sure that that should affect my decision but in honesty it did!), didnt believe he had 44 or 88 (maybe possibly 88)....immediate thought was flushdraw obv...maybe KsJs.....had a blocker for AA (i flat that raise too sometimes to a raiser pre)...so KK was a possiblity also....tell ya it was one of my toughest decisions since i took this god forsaken game up lol.....

as played whats the next move?
                Last edited by ferg; 10-01-11, 09:30.

Comment

Originally posted by topcat View Post
                  Was playing this tourney bagged a seat with 11 left there was 3 on my table with 10,000 or under 2 got seats 3 was the bubble for €376 if u fold u still have 8,000 odd double the starting stack if u call you will probley be facing another big bet on the river i fold because it is either flush draw or more likley a set could also be aq for a split kq not likley
                  well done topcat.....good luck over there!!!

Comment

just fold and hate life for a while.

Comment

Don't think preflop is all too big really, its only 5x after a limper, nothing crazy about that. You could raise a little smaller or a little bigger, it doesn't make that much of a difference though.
                      As to the hand, I guess fold, it's really annoying though with no info but probably best to fold but keep an eye on this guy and what he goes to showdown with in the future, then hate yourself when you see him making these plays with all kinds of muck!

Comment

Thanks cardshark....your on the ball too...a right gangster villain proved out to be......

Comment

Open is fine with utg limper. Meh I wouldnt fold because fook him thats why. You almost certainly should though.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                            Open is fine with utg limper. Meh I wouldnt fold because fook him thats why. You almost certainly should though.
                            if only all poker decisions where based on this.

Comment

I folded.....as soon as i did i thought wtf did i do (hence the title).....i mean so what if i went out on a top pair top kicker reraised preflop flop, isnt it what i raised for.... he took the chip lead .... he was moved straight away.....i did follow him (cardshark!!!!)...and the donk was out within 4-5 hands....yeh he did the exact same versus another bigstack except this time was re-shoved and by KQ on a K high rainbow flop.... he had A3off of course....I was card dead rest of tourney.....exit hand was K10 on the button all in versus my JJ in the big blind for approx 6 bigs at 500/1000....he hit twice!! Alas no Gran Canaria!!

Thanks for the feedback lads......in this instance maybe i should have shoved his minraise.....goes to show the value of notes!!!!!

ferg
                              Last edited by ferg; 14-01-11, 08:58.

Comment

You shud of rang me ...
                                Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                  if only all poker decisions where based on this.
                                  All mine are

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                    You shud of rang me ...
                                    ha.....yeh.....balboa style....he "opens window and hollers.....YO JASON".......

Comment

Working...
                                    X