Deep, underepped hand facing river overbet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep, underepped hand facing river overbet

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($483.90)
    SB ($201.15)
    BB ($161.30)
    Hero (UTG) ($651.35)
    MP ($953.65)
    CO ($350.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, Q
    Hero bets $6, MP calls $6, 4 folds

Flop: ($15) Q, 5, A (2 players)
    Hero bets $12, MP raises $44, Hero calls $32

Turn: ($103) Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($103) J (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP bets $120, Hero ..........

Villan is 16/9, semi-reg at 1/2 RUSH. His 3b pre is 3.5, aggression is 1.3, no reads or anything. We have 2nd nuts I think!! Does villan have any worse hands he can call with here give his line and do we have to raise/fold?

Originally posted by digiman View Post
    No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($483.90)
    SB ($201.15)
    BB ($161.30)
    Hero (UTG) ($651.35)
    MP ($953.65)
    CO ($350.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, Q
    Hero bets $6, MP calls $6, 4 folds

Flop: ($15) Q, 5, A (2 players)
    Hero bets $12, MP raises $44, Hero calls $32

Turn: ($103) Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($103) J (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP bets $120, Hero ..........

Villan is 16/9, semi-reg at 1/2 RUSH. His 3b pre is 3.5, aggression is 1.3, no reads or anything. We have 2nd nuts I think!! Does villan have any worse hands he can call with here give his line and do we have to raise/fold?
    Also worth noting that CO is a spewy pre flop and BTN is aggro too, both have 8% 3bets

Comment

Im never folding that.

Comment

You asking how much to raise?
        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahony92 View Post
          Im never folding that.
          what do you think he jams the river with after we raise if you are never folding

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
            You asking how much to raise?
            Yeah, and if you do raise do you call if off?

Comment

lol

Its a raise or call situation Mahony

Interesting hand.

There is obv only one combo of AA which we lose to.

There are 2 combos of AQ and 3 combos of 55 which we split or beat. I am baffled by him not betting the turn with any hand given we are deep.

I guess he could turn JJ into a bluff on the flop and then realize the turn is a shitty card to continue with and bink the river.

He should probably fold AQ to a raise, although he may think we 3ball the flop with AA.

I am raise folding without any obvious info. We have blocker to quads
              Last edited by RoadSweeper; 07-01-11, 16:18.

Comment

I guess its really hard to get a worse hand to call a raise, 5s full folds to raise here a lot I think. Really interesting spot. I guess if I feel bad about the situation I just flat, looking forward to hearing the outcome though.
                http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

I'd raise to ~300. I wouldn't be expecting a reraise but I can't see how anyone could fold to one. You have the second nuts and a blocker to the nuts.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

How often does he call with K10, 55, or have any other hand that can even consider calling a river raise with ?

RS already said he thinks he should probably fold AQ to a raise.

Opr

Comment

Nobody thinking he can do this with a Q J ?

If he has this I think he can jam on a raise from yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                        Nobody thinking he can do this with a Q J ?

If he has this I think he can jam on a raise from yourself.
                        It means he would have had to raise a Q on the flop which is unlikely and then check behind on the turn when he binks.

The way he played it I think K10 is his most likely holding.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                          It means he would have had to raise a Q on the flop which is unlikely and then check behind on the turn when he binks.

The way he played it I think K10 is his most likely holding.

Opr
                          Yeah KT certainly makes the most sense.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Results of this hand ?

Opr

Comment

k10 or jj makes most sense....i'd go for jj only because it's a safer hand to over bet with rather than k10 for a straight.

Maybe make it 270 to go just over min, might create the idea in his head surely you would shove big with a better full house here and he might call. Other than that very hard to get more out of this hand.

I don't think he would flat AA preflop if he is 3betting alot worse anyway. I think your safe there.
                              Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                              My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                Results of this hand ?

Opr
                                I raised to €303 and he folded. He never shoved but I used up a lot of my time bank before I raised wondering whether I was going to call a shove from him. My plan was to raise/fold, I think there is enough value to raise but my main question was whether I could call a shove or not as I don't think there are any worse hands that he shoves. FWIW I posted this on 2p2 back at that time and just got laughed at, was a pretty long thread!!

Comment

I raised to €303 and he folded. He never shoved but I used up a lot of my time bank before I raised wondering whether I was going to call a shove from him. My plan was to raise/fold, I think there is enough value to raise but my main question was whether I could call a shove or not as I don't think there are any worse hands that he shoves. FWIW I posted this on 2p2 back at that time and just got laughed at, was a pretty long thread!!
                                  Laughed at for considering folding? Usual trolls on 2 2 imo.
                                  http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                  http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

any chance of 2 2 link man?? cheers

think uv a really good thread going if u do get rr on river!! and then u can consider folding,

as played u shudn think bout folding until u put in the raise, after u raise his river bet then u should follow through on what options u have!! and timebank !

Comment

Originally posted by fumyname View Post
                                      any chance of 2 2 link man?? cheers

think uv a really good thread going if u do get rr on river!! and then u can consider folding,

as played u shudn think bout folding until u put in the raise, after u raise his river bet then u should follow through on what options u have!! and timebank !
                                      2p2 is blocked in work, il dig it out later though.

But I couldn't disagree with you more, you should always have a plan for certain scenarios before you make a decision

Comment

Link
                                        "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Not surprising the only person itt making sense is NxtWrldChamp.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                                            Just read the link. Some harsh and idiotic comments on there. makes me think i'll just stay on IPB

Comment

Love the onemanupship of 2+2. You have to laugh at how condescending they are.

Comment

Working...
                                              X