• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeeze AA, 2 callers

No stats as I'm not on my poker laptop

MP is marked in green/fish in my notes.
    No reads on SB, tagish stats i seem to remember
    PF normally I would squeeze more but with i think i adjusted the size slightly smaller at the time as MP wasn't playing a full stack and wanted a call from MP.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($54.17)
    SB ($60.05)
    Hero (BB) ($109.55)
    UTG ($58.29)
    MP ($44)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
    1 fold, MP bets $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, Hero raises $5.50, MP calls $4.50, SB calls $4.50

Flop: ($18) 10, 4, 3 (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $14, MP calls $14, SB calls $14

Flop i would normally bet smaller HU but didnt know how I should size it with 2 players

Turn: ($60) 2 (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero ?

Main questions are.. what should my squeeze size be?
    cbet size?
    player hand ranges on the turn?

Shoves?
    You're miles ahead of both here, and there's only one bet size available here. You see a set here sometimes, but I shove and reload if thats the case. Mp can have 77+, sb similar range, obviously the flopped sets too.

Shove and let them overthink and call with 88/99 .

I think your betsizing is fine 5.50/6.50 pre, 12/16 on flop, shove turn

Comment

Dunno why I had ? for my action.. only one option really..

I would normally sq to 7 oop

Is that too big?

Comment

Shove. Pot size bet covers both opponents, can't see any reason not to shove in this spot tbh.

Comment

I'd make it 7 pre, maybe bigger as mp is a fish so he should call wider than most.
          Bet slightly smaller on the flop though as played, maybe 11.

Easy shove now even though sb should be strong after he calls flop.
          "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Shove, you have a pot size bet now in a nice spot. Expect the fish to call with with a10-k10-q10 or jj. If one of them flopped a set so be it, you have 6 outs worst case scenario. Its gotta be a shove here though.
            http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
            http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

10 or 11 on the flop is fine. Otherwise, get the monies in.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is your cb amount the same when its 1 or 2 players?

Comment

Is it still called a squeeze if you have a monster?

Comment

I think the action defines it, not my holdings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Is your cb amount the same when its 1 or 2 players?
                      If its only 2 players in the pot then the pot will be only be 14.50 so i'd just bet half pot on 3 streets to get the money in, your other option is to bet bigger on flop and shove turn or river. If it was the fish that called I might go for 2 streets, but usually in 3bet pots just go half pot or just over for 3 streets. Its easier to balance this bet sizing between value and bluffs.
                      "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Yeah I bet $11 or so on the flop.

Stick it in now obv.

Comment

i might get fancy here and check hoping mp shoves and sb calls. if you check and shove the river i don't think their calling ranges really change unless it's an A/K/Q and the sb folds JJ/QQ, the fish will probably thoughtlessly click call no matter what on river.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I think the action defines it, not my holdings.
                            Not really, the point of a squeeze play is to get a re-raise through, the original raiser can't call becuse he is normally OOP but mostly as there is a cold caller.

With AA its just a 3-bet. Beside the name is kinda irrelevant in the context of the OP.

As played you have a $60 pot with $40 effective behind. Just bet $40/shove.
                            Bet sizing is perfect imo

Comment

Working...
                            X