Last nights Full Tilt $11 Deepstack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last nights Full Tilt $11 Deepstack

I am down to the last 200 and it the money,chip stack is 34k and blinds 700/1400 with 100 ante

Pick up a6 in late position and raise to 3500 one caller in small blind.

(Flop aa4) villian bet 6k and i call. Turn 10 villian bet 9k and i call,river 8 villian goes all in and i call.

Villian shows a10 for fullhouse.

Should i have call this and called his all in?

For me....raising with A6o pre would depend on how the lp's have been playin....your over 20BB's deep and generally i wuldnt raise there pre unless i was prepared for them all to go in if re-raised (and obv there i woudnt)...id prob wait for a better hand ....

imo as played you had to call him down....its hard to put him on the only A.

UL

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
      For me....raising with A6o pre would depend on how the lp's have been playin....your over 20BB's deep and generally i wuldnt raise there pre unless i was prepared for them all to go in if re-raised (and obv there i woudnt)...id prob wait for a better hand ....

imo as played you had to call him down....its hard to put him on the only A.

UL
      Pretty much what I was gonna say.

I'm folding pre most of the time. 20BBs is still enough to play with later in better spots. Hard to put him on the A, but if you do it is always an Ace that out kicks yours.

Anyone else think SB could be doing this with alot of PPs?

Comment

Absolutely nothing wrong with having a stab at the blinds with a weak ace in late position IMO.

I'm not much of a tournament player these days but I'd find it very hard to fold on the river there. UL to run into a better hand on that board. Villian's donk bets are laughably bad, though. He gave you every opportunity to fold it, didn't he?
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

cooler ul imo

don't really see a whole lot wrong with trying to pickup the blinds with A6o and once you hit a set on the flop, there was no getting away from it.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
            Pretty much what I was gonna say.

I'm folding pre most of the time. 20BBs is still enough to play with later in better spots. Hard to put him on the A, but if you do it is always an Ace that out kicks yours.

Anyone else think SB could be doing this with alot of PPs?
            yeah sb lead is a bit unusual he would have had to be fairly certain that you had an ace or a decent pp here to get you allin, as alot of people at this level would just fold to his lead.
            i think if he had any middle+pp he would have 3bet pre. unless he had a good stack size and was trying to play it tricky

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I shove the turn

Comment

I was trying to take down the blinds and ante's preflop and once he did call and i saw the flop i thought i was good.

I was hoping he might have had two pair and once it got to the river there was so much in the pot i felt i had to call.

On another note how do you guys start out playing these big tournaments? Do you play super tight early or what? There always seems to be a lot of calling and raising early with poor hands.

Cheers.

Comment

Why would u shove the turn here?? An A (with most probably a higher kicker) is always calling....and a big pocket pair (with only two outs) might fold.....

Comment

What position are we in exactly?
                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

should villian have repopped this with A10?
                      and what size stack was villian playing?

Comment

you have to try and rob the blinds with that hand there. its just a cooler. in theory you could have smelled a rat by turn or river but very would prob be bad folding to the mostly imaginary case ace or full house

Comment

Villian was playing around 40k and i had 36k. I was one before the button and Villian was SB.

Comment

Pre I'm nearly always raising on the CO with an Ace here

Flop Bingo! His lead is very strange and imo lolbad.I suppose make a note on your HEM or whatever

Re: Shoving on turn I think - I like the flat as it allows him to bluff it off on another street if he's got air and if he has got a pp, "big" (which I don't think he ever has here btw) or otherwise he prob goes into c/c or c/f mode on most rivers
                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Thanks for the feedback all. Appreciated

Comment

tough beat man!nothing you can do now but was worth the call if you thought you had him coverd!

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                  Why would u shove the turn here?? An A (with most probably a higher kicker) is always calling....and a big pocket pair (with only two outs) might fold.....
                                  What hands that fold the turn, 3 barrells the river, on this board, into the PFR?

Comment

I'd fold in the c/o pre here with that stack size. Would raise button not c/o.

As played it really looks like your beat but your probably not deep enough to get away from it

Comment

id prefer to open to around 2900/2850 maybe even just minraise

can't get away from it once you hit that flop

Depending on the other stacks & how could the players in hand are it looks definately profitable to steal and you have card removal for the range they continue with, with the A. Even if you lose your 2900 raise everytime someone else enters the pot its still profitable with the amount the raise gets through.

Comment

opening pre is fine, it usually gets thru enough, but have a plan for if you are raised, (I wouldnt always be folding to a resteal if villains left to act are very aggro)

I'm not loving it when he bets turn, but I cant see how you can get away from this. I really cant see much reason to shove turn, although as mellor said it prob makes very little difference

Comment

Working...
                                        X