River spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River spot

Villain in the hand is 24/14/3.2 and doesnt mind calling 3bets oop (his fold to 3bet is 17%).

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($69.50)
    Hero (Button) ($50)
    SB ($51.20)
    BB ($104.10)
    UTG ($88)
    MP ($58.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, Q
    2 folds, CO bets $1.75, Hero raises $5.50, 2 folds, CO calls $3.75

Flop: ($11.75) 3, Q, 10 (2 players)
    CO checks, Hero bets $7.50, CO calls $7.50

Turn: ($26.75) 2 (2 players)
    CO checks, Hero bets $13, CO calls $13

River: ($52.75) K (2 players)
    CO bets $43.50 (All-In)

Total pot: $52.75

Thoughts on how i played the hand so far. again, betting sizes - are they ok?

what do i do on this river?

Its gonna be close, really depends on what kind of range you assign him on how he plays the flop and turn with draws, KQ, AJ and then combine that with what you think he shoves river with into you like, he looks to aggro to not be shoving the flop with his draws and stuff. I dunno, Id flip a coin.

Comment

Tough spot. I think i probably sigh and call in the moment as the only hand that makes sense is kq really.

Comment

I call. I'd expect him to shove most of his KhXh hands on the flop and there is few combos of KQ

Comment

Cool hands to post, I grunch fold here, but the guys above me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> me.

I have literally no clue as to what hands he does this with

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
            Its gonna be close, really depends on what kind of range you assign him on how he plays the flop and turn with draws, KQ, AJ and then combine that with what you think he shoves river with into you like, he looks to aggro to not be shoving the flop with his draws and stuff. I dunno, Id flip a coin.
            Is it not possible he could have a set here and is desperate to be paid on it?

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
            Tough spot. I think i probably sigh and call in the moment as the only hand that makes sense is kq really.
            Aye there was a massive sigh from me and i was having trouble on putting him on a range im behind and so was convincing myself calling was good.

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
            I call. I'd expect him to shove most of his KhXh hands on the flop and there is few combos of KQ

Just also lads, is the bet sizing in this hand ok?

Comment

Originally posted by p_larkin99 View Post

Just also lads, is the bet sizing in this hand ok?
              I think Its ok. You have 2 options really. Half pot, Half pot and shove river or close to pot on the flop and shoving turn.

I think i prefer bet big and shove turn in this spot but either is fine imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                Cool hands to post, I grunch fold here, but the guys above me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> me.

I have literally no clue as to what hands he does this with
                Like me you have played a bit at 25nl and 50nl right?

What kind of hands do you reckon players at this level would

a) call the rr pre with considering he has shown a willingness to let go after being 3bet.

b) check call to the river (do you think he would play a set like this and then look to get it in?hands like kj/j9 if you include them in his pre range?)

c) is he ever shoving here with a missed flushdraw or a k high fd that top pairs on the river?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                  I think Its ok. You have 2 options really. Half pot, Half pot and shove river or close to pot on the flop and shoving turn.

I think i prefer bet big and shove turn in this spot but either is fine imo.
                  I would generally prefer the second option but thought there could be some value from this guy so changed it up from how i would normally play it.

What are the advantages of either option over the other?

Sorry if I'm asking for a lot of replys I just want to know peoples train of thought in these spots and hope it will help me to think a bit more myself

Comment

he raises sets on that flop almost always imo.

He can have absolutely tonnes of hands on the flop though, as shown by his exceptionally low F23B.

How many hands is the sample over btw?

I'm struggling to put him on anything really. Just doesn't make much sense to me!

Comment

I would generally prefer the second option but thought there could be some value from this guy so changed it up from how i would normally play it.

What are the advantages of either option over the other?

Sorry if I'm asking for a lot of replys I just want to know peoples train of thought in these spots and hope it will help me to think a bit more myself
                      You dominate his range here with AQ and on a flop like this i just want to get the money in as quickly as possible against qj/qk and all his draws. Betting big will put him to a decision with his draws on the flop.

If the flop was q73 rainbow id much prefer to bet small for 3 streets and try and induce bluffs, floats and light calls, etc.

Comment

I'm struggling to put him on anything really. Just doesn't make much sense to me!
                        Thats why id prob call but might take a while

Comment

he raises sets on that flop almost always imo.

He can have absolutely tonnes of hands on the flop though, as shown by his exceptionally low F23B.

How many hands is the sample over btw?

Its over 500 hands and yes not a nice spot to be putting him on something

Comment

Vomit then call followed by subsequent continued vomiting when he shows you k10.
                            http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                            http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

I call, I expect to lose to 60% of the time or so, mostly to KQ or KT, but its still profitable to call.

Comment

barely fold, do you have a check raise stat?

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who pays him off here. I was beginning to think I was a soft spot for a bullshit shove. Blech.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

convince myself he has busted hearts and call and then say "of course" when he shows me the KQ ball

Comment

I feel ok about the call now then i guess.

SPOILER
                                      KJ was his hand

Comment

Originally posted by LightDrum View Post
                                        barely fold, do you have a check raise stat?
                                        For what street?

Comment

I feel ok about the call now then i guess.

SPOILER
                                          KJ was his hand
                                          Villian is some kind of mentalist obv.
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                          X