Line Check: 1010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Check: 1010

At the time I thought it was ok, then thinking about it I now think the river shove is spew.

Villain as far as I can tell is pretty alright, doesnt make any major mistakes but isnt the most aggro. He'd view me as a pretty aggro reg, Id be running about 22/17/3 in this session.

He is 21/17/1.4

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
    The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

UTG: $50.00
    CO: $47.30
    BTN: $71.39
    SB: $49.50
    Hero (BB): $89.57

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with T:heart: T:spade:
    UTG raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) T:diamond: J:club: J:spade: (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $2.43, Hero calls $2.43

Turn: ($8.11) A:heart: (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($8.11) Q:diamond: (2 players)
    Hero bets $6.50, UTG raises to $20.70, Hero raises to $85.64, UTG calls $25.37 all in

Thoughts?

Also, what line would others take here if they arent known to check/raise bluff flops, or check/raise flops at all really?
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

I'm not even sure I want to call that river, he has QQ a lot here, I don't think a K raises, and if it does often won't call despite the sick price

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
      I'm not even sure I want to call that river, he has QQ a lot here, I don't think a K raises, and if it does often won't call despite the sick price
      You know. I think you're right. At the time I thought it made sense to get it in because he's never folding a K.

But realistically he is and then, the turn river mash the shit outta of his range and any hand he is valuebetting here has me up shit creek.

Do you think a bet fold is best so on the river?
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
        Also, what line would others take here if they arent known to check/raise bluff flops, or check/raise flops at all really?
        start donking flops

why no start check raising more anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by LightDrum View Post
          start donking flops

why no start check raising more anyway..
          Ok.

What kinda flop textures and with what kind of hands do you think I should start donking flops with?

Also, I do check raise a fair bit but not on this texture ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
            Ok.

Also, I do check raise a fair bit but not on this texture ever.
            Why not here ever?

Alot of Jx and up and down strs and pockets call building a big pot.

Comment

Im seeing QQ here a lot but i understand your shove in the heat of the moment im pretty sure i shove this then when he calls i go through the hand and figure out that im not good all the time.

Im actually certain he shows up with QQ here actually.
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I'd cr the flop. River is ok imo.
                Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

As nitty as it sounds, I'd probably just call the $20 on the river and feel ok about it. The shove is definitely spewy IMO. The circumstances in which villian can comfortably bluff catch here are rare. Much more likely that his calling range has you crushed.

Villian had AJ, right?
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The hand looks fine, I wouldnt be happy but I think I'd call the river, no value in the shove.
                    "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

c/r flop, especially against an utg raiser

as played just call river raise

Comment

Originally posted by handofgod View Post
                        c/r flop, especially against an utg raiser

as played just call river raise
                        I hate c/r flop on that particular boards its throwing away money.
                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                          I hate c/r flop on that particular boards its throwing away money.
                          So what line do you prefer oop?
                          I find c/r can get called a lot here, villains rarely believe you have it and have a stronger range utg.

Comment

Originally posted by handofgod View Post
                            So what line do you prefer oop?
                            I find c/r can get called a lot here, villains rarely believe you have it and have a stronger range utg.
                            I check call flop as Hero has done.

I do understand your theory but we are only stacking one hand against this villian and that is AJ maybe KJ QJ. If we C/R i think he is folding a high % of the time admittedly AA,KK,QQ will most likely take a look at one more street and then fold.

Im 90% of the time C/R on a 556 flop for eg....

Im not the best guy on here to put my thoughts into words and impress the audience but in this particular spot im not taking the route you do. Im not by any means suggesting that playing it as you do is horrible or anything. I just feel it folds out so many hands that can pay us on later streets eg. AK & maybe KQ.
                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                              I check call flop as Hero has done.

I do understand your theory but we are only stacking one hand against this villian and that is AJ maybe KJ QJ. If we C/R i think he is folding a high % of the time admittedly AA,KK,QQ will most likely take a look at one more street and then fold.

Im 90% of the time C/R on a 556 flop for eg....

Im not the best guy on here to put my thoughts into words and impress the audience but in this particular spot im not taking the route you do. Im not by any means suggesting that playing it as you do is horrible or anything. I just feel it folds out so many hands that can pay us on later streets eg. AK & maybe KQ.
                              yeah the thing I dont like when we c/c flop is we kind of have to check turn. Lots of villains weaker hands check turn behind, and if he bets and we c/r our perceived range is stronger on turn. Sure we gain one extra bet from some of his hands, but we are less likely to get to stack him imo unless he turns a straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X