AQo IP facing 3bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AQo IP facing 3bet

Villain is playing 14/12/2.6 over 1k hands. He is a very marginal loser over that sample. His 3bet stat is 3 IP and 6 from the blinds. Cbet in 5/5 3bet pots he's been involved in.

Am I supposed to call river vs this type of player? Or is this ok?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($36.40)
    BB ($20)
    UTG ($20)
    MP ($6.06)
    Hero (Button) ($22.56)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, Q
    1 fold, MP (poster) checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises $3.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.40

Flop: ($7.30) A, 10, K (2 players)
    SB bets $3.65, Hero calls $3.65

Turn: ($14.60) 7 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($14.60) 4 (2 players)
    SB bets $29.35 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $14.60

Just fold preflop vs someone that tight. Hes got you beat on the river so much that you wouldnt have the equity to call a $1 bet!!

Comment

Do you regularly steal when someone posts? If SB was onto this, he might be taking advantage but i think you're crushed here a lot but his line is so weird

Comment

Id prob just fold pre here tbh.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

River is an instafold
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Bet the turn. He shouldn't really be checking better hands there.

Comment

fold pre

I hate the river spot, but Im not sure how you can call pre and fold to a ~psb on river after turn checks thru. I'm interested as to why people think its an insta fold, and also heros line if villain bets flop

Comment

I think I can find a hero call on this river. His line makes no sense. I'd say villian turns up with something like JJ or QQ here often enough. I guess he can have a misplayed set that was scared of the flopped straight... He certainly can't have AK unless he's retarded.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Calling pre is fine. +1 to his line making zero sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X