QQ - Rock 3bets pre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QQ - Rock 3bets pre

This is a strange one. I'm trying to figure out the best way of playing this hand because of the rock being the 3bettor.

Guy is playing 11/6 over 259 hands. His 3bet is 3%. Aggression is inf.

Do we like how I've played it so far? Open to all thoughts. Is it not worthwhile to even bother calling pre here? I'm effectively set mining vs his overpairs, or bluff catching vs AK that misses. And thats the only hands he has here..

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($25.89)
    CO ($20.23)
    Button ($20.62)
    SB ($20.10)
    Hero (BB) ($20)
    UTG ($50.46)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
    1 fold, MP bets $0.60, 1 fold, Button raises $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.80, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.70) 7, 3, 6 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $3.60, Hero calls $3.60

Turn: ($11.90) 4 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $8, [color=#666666]

Fine, fold turn imo
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

My line is pretty much as played and folding turn

Comment

Yup same as the two lads above.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Is folding turn not very weak here? Can we really call profitably pre to fold to this kind of action? I'm asking more as a general question than for this particular hand (Its probably best way to play hand against this kind of nit)

I often see this kind of line suggested for JJ, TT in 3bet pots against tags when board runs out low. Are we just assuming villain never barrells AK etc here, even though its a pretty bad board to cbet and give up on?

Comment

That was pretty much the question I wanted to deal with.

IMO he has 0 bluffs.
            Cbets everything.
            He 3bets AK and KK+, thats it.

If it is fine to call here with QQ and play it as a bluff catcher vs AK and a set miner vs KK+, is it equally fine to call pre here with 22? They are in effect the same hands other than QQ has blockers to the nut straight.

If we are assuming that he stacks off on all As and Khi boards, is it almost profitable to call pre with way more than just PPs? Since his range is so well defined, is it fine to play loads of different hands here?

Just some thoughts I had here.

Comment

22 and QQ are most definitely not the same hand here.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I think your line is grand. And no way is 22 the same as QQ here.

He can show up with TT/JJ/the other QQ a small % of the time, less likely its QQ with the other two Qs in your hand obv.

Fold now.

Comment

Yeah I folded pretty quickly tbh, just trying to figure out if calling the cbet was a leak.

As I said, unless I hit a Q I'm hoping to call a cbet and get to showdown without any more bets vs this kind of player almost every time here.

Comment

Calling the cbet is fine because while his range may only be AK QQ+, the combinations of AK are a big % of his range so it's profitable to call.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                      Calling the cbet is fine because while his range may only be AK QQ+, the combinations of AK are a big % of his range so it's profitable to call.
                      only if he always cbets and doesnt double barrell AK. Is this the case enough of the time?

Comment

no way i'm folding here. only 2 hands we are behind...even with his range.... is that a leak??

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          His 3bet is 3%. ...

...He 3bets AK and KK+, thats it.
                          I'm pretty sure 3% is more than KK+ and AK

Edit: yeah a quick scribble puts it at AK, JJ+
                          Last edited by Mellor; 10-11-10, 01:54.

Comment

Originally posted by handofgod View Post
                            only if he always cbets and doesnt double barrell AK. Is this the case enough of the time?
                            At this level, and on this turn card. Yeah Id say so. People cbet far too much in 3bet pots around 20/50nl, also, this turn card means his bluffing frequencies are likely to be lower.

Comment

Working...
                            X