100NL Rush: River decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100NL Rush: River decision

Another troubling river decision here for me. What action do you take on the river here? The villain is a complete unknown.

Comments welcome on rest of the streets also.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($100)
    Button ($100.85)
    SB ($152.80)
    Hero (BB) ($175.95)
    UTG ($331.30)
    MP ($102.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
    4 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero bets $4, SB calls $3

Flop: ($8) K, 8, 7 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB calls $5

Turn: ($18) 10 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $11, SB calls $11

River: ($40) 4 (2 players)
    SB checks

Hero ??????

Total pot: $40

bet $25/ fold to a raise.

Comment

Bet more on the flop and turn and bet/fold now.
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Bet/fold

Comment

$6.50 on flop, $15 on turn as played. I think betting is a whisker too thin. Everything got there and I don't see any of his limped one pair hands paying off 3 streets.

Comment

More on turn, bet river for sure.
            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Cheers for responses.

River: ($40)

SB checks

Hero Bets $20
              SB raises to $40

Hero???

Comment

He never minraises worse so you can fold but you should bet more on flop and turn.
                I would go 6.50 > 17 > 39 and fold to a shove/raise

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                  He never minraises worse so you can fold but you should bet more on flop and turn.
                  I would go 6.50 > 17 > 39 and fold to a shove/raise
                  Reading this rationally and taking time over it I have to pretty much agree here, it's really hard to put him on a hand I beat and a fold has to be the right decision most of the time.

I knew at the time folding was the right decision but was maybe a bit tilted and made what I thought was a rather spewy call for the extra 20, pretty much expecting the chips to go his way.

Was pleasantly surprised to see I had won. He had J7 for one pair (bottom pair on the flop, gutshot on the turn). His play was bizarre to say the least. Bluff catcher turned into draw turned into bluff? I don't know... Although it's not the first time I've seen a player make a really weak bluff bet on a drawy board though (I guess they hope it looks like a value bet).

Anyway I posted this hand because it confused me a lot at the time and after - I felt I probably played it badly and made a spewy river call, yet I didn't suck out. It's not often that you win a big pot playing badly, yet don't suck out. Strange.

Just to confirm, in your opinions, with the information at hand, is the river call for 20 to win a pot of 80 really bad or is there any merit in it?

Comment

As most people said, even with the odds that are given its a fold almost always

Comment

Working...
                    X