Top top of my range and he doesn't know that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top top of my range and he doesn't know that

Villan is 23/20, more aggro than most regs, 2BB/100 winner at 200nl for 145k hands, has logged 50k hands at 5/10 but losing player there and breakeven at 2/4.

I open AsKs UTG to $7, villan calls in UTG1, every one else folds.

Flop is 6cKcQh and I check call a bet of 12 into 17 pot.

Turn is Ac and i check call 28 into 14 pot.

River is a 4s and he shoves 153 into 97.

We have played a bit and should think I am pretty decent, no unusual history or anything, neither of us afraid to get TT+ and AQ in against each other preflop.

I think this particular flop I would be checking the most of my range with, like from AQ to small pocket pairs, I would normally be betting it with total air, flush draws and AA, AK, KQ I guess but my UTG range is pretty normal so don't have to much total air and very few flush draws once the Ac hits the turn.

I took this line to get him to bluff at it so given I done that do I still have to call him down?

Why are you checking the flop? I don't really see any reason for it?
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Why are you checking the flop? I don't really see any reason for it?
      Because I don't think I get many/any streets of value verus him and if i check/call my hand looks a lot more like AQ, QJ, TT, JJ etc that he should be able to get me to fold by the river. It kind of makes my hand face up as a hand with SD value if I check/call and I might also get a delayed cbet and river bet out of him also if he checks it back. I'm basically trying to make my hand look like something totally different and let him play the hand vs me by what most people ranges would be in this spot. I'm trying to give him the chance to bluff off here... The more I think about it the more I like my check in this spot, its a unique enough spot to be fair though.

Comment

Any reads as to what an overbet from this player means?
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It's actually really close I think.

Given he is so aggro and you have a way underrepped hand I call.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
            Any reads as to what an overbet from this player means?
            I'm afraid not, I would imagine its either nutty hands or air though, I doubt its KQ for example

Comment

I always talk myself into calling these because he's overbet vs a perceived weak range and shouldn't expect a call too often which should weight his range towards bluffs but I get shown the nuts ridic often.

Comment

Tough one. All these hands are cool, well done for posting them.

I'd call, I don't think he can expect us to show up with a hand that can call the jam very much.
                Although, we should obviously have a few combos of qxcc.

I also think his sizing seems incongruent with how weak our range appears to be.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                  I always talk myself into calling these because he's overbet vs a perceived weak range and shouldn't expect a call too often which should weight his range towards bluffs but I get shown the nuts ridic often.
                  What do you think of the line I have taken here? I basically got him to do what I wanted but then with the way the board ran out with the Ac landing on the turn I didn't want that card and no longer feel so good about the situation

Comment

it's too good of a spot to bluff to fold. Ac is not the best card ever but your line would induce a bluff from me as i would expect you to bet all flush draws oop on the flop.

Comment

Your line is alright but I only take this line against guys who are quite stabby, otherwise it's not so good.

Comment

Working...
                      X