Few hands:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few hands:

Hand1: Villain is now 36/27/3.1, with a 3bet of 8.1% over 100 hands or so. At the time he was somewhere closer to 41/32/3 with 14%, it was about 40 hands in.

He was barrelling fairly liberally when he was the PFR.

Standard or?

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
    The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

UTG: $108.17
    Hero (CO): $53.90
    BTN: $71.14
    SB: $57.61
    BB: $25.75

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with J:club: J:spade:
    1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN raises to $6, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.25

Flop: ($12.75) 3:heart: 9:heart: T:spade: (2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN bets $8.00, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($28.75) 3:diamond: (2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN bets $14.37, Hero raises to $39.90, BTN calls $25.53

River: ($108.55) 7:heart: (2 players)

Hand 2:

Villain is 20/16/1 over 200 hands.

River bet is to get calls from underpairs which I think are a large part of his range, dont think its likely he has a 6 in his hand. Obviously it has the side effect that he might spazz out.

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players

BB: $117.02
    Hero (UTG): $63.39
    CO: $56.66
    BTN: $94.62
    SB: $35.18

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with A:heart: A:diamond:
    Hero raises to $1.75, 3 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 3:spade: 6:spade: 6:heart: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, BB calls $3

Turn: ($9.75) 4:club: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $7.50, BB calls $7.50

River: ($24.75) J:heart: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $10.00, BB raises to $104.77, Hero?

Hand3:

Villain is 24/17/16 with a 10.2 3bet. I kinda just want differing opinions on the options available to me. I think all have some merits but obviously some more than others.

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

CO: $71.79
    BTN: $58.94
    SB: $51.58
    BB: $50.00
    Hero (UTG): $95.75
    MP: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with K:club: A:club:
    Hero raises to $1.75, 3 folds, SB raises to $6.50, 1 fold, [color=red]Hero?
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

I like 4betting pre and getting it in in hands 1 and 3.

In 2 I think it's a fold now. I like a bigger bet though, this sizing gets you in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
      I like 4betting pre and getting it in in hands 1 and 3.

In 2 I think it's a fold now. I like a bigger bet though, this sizing gets you in trouble.
      What is his range in 2 on the river iyo? for both value bets and bluffs (given my sizing)?
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I don't understand why you raised the turn in hand 1. What was the purpose of that? I would have check/called 3 barrels on this board against this player.

My action in Hand 2 would depend on the result of Hand 1.

Hand 3 would again depend on the dynamics and the results of the previous hands. If I knew he was likely to spew 3 barrels with rubbish, then I would flat the 3bet in position. Otherwise, I'm 4betting and happy to get them in.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
          I don't understand why you raised the turn in hand 1. What was the purpose of that? I would have check/called 3 barrels on this board against this player.

My action in Hand 2 would depend on the result of Hand 1.

Hand 3 would again depend on the dynamics and the results of the previous hands. If I knew he was likely to spew 3 barrels with rubbish, then I would flat the 3bet in position. Otherwise, I'm 4betting and happy to get them in.
          Its not all the same villain...

I raised the turn in hand 2 because he's not folding anything he is barrelling with now and that includes any draw of which there would be a few as well as some 10's like 10js or A10s etc.

Yeah calling 3barrells is fine but it can be pretty exploitable if he see's me doing that. Also he'll be much less likely to barrell bluff me in future with this line and also I'm able to check/raise bluff more in spots because he knows I can have a hand. Admittedly the 3 on the turn probably lowers his bluffing frequency but it also means he's more likely to vb any 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
            What is his range in 2 on the river iyo? for both value bets and bluffs (given my sizing)?
            for value I suppose 33, 44, 66, jj. I don't think he is value betting anything you beat anyway. I don't really think he has many bluffs as you have shown so much strength but the sizing does give him a bit of room if he thinks you are capable of laying down an overpair.

Comment

Hand 1: 4b/get it in. I just call turn.

Hand 2: Bet less on the flop and turn. Real dry board where his range isn't that strong. River is pretty gay. Have you any reads from the 200 hands you played?

Hand 3: I think I just call preflop here, UTG vs SB. In those spots I tend to 4b a lot less and a lot more polarised.
              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

for value I suppose 33, 44, 66, jj. I don't think he is value betting anything you beat anyway. I don't really think he has many bluffs as you have shown so much strength but the sizing does give him a bit of room if he thinks you are capable of laying down an overpair.
                Yeah good post. Think you could be right but do you not think he could be valuebetting QQ or AJ? I know they only a tiny part of his range though.

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                Hand 1: 4b/get it in. I just call turn.

Hand 2: Bet less on the flop and turn. Real dry board where his range isn't that strong. River is pretty gay. Have you any reads from the 200 hands you played?

Hand 3: I think I just call preflop here, UTG vs SB. In those spots I tend to 4b a lot less and a lot more polarised.
                Hand 1: Yeah agree I spose. Im not very partial to getting JJ in pre at 50nl though against anyone really, sample size is also tiny but that obv works both ways.

Give me quick explaination why you just call turn? and plans for A, K, Q, heart river cards given half my stack is in there if I call turn?

Hand 3 I agree.

Comment

Hand 1: Would have played it the same given the way the board came down.

Hand 2: I would have bet bigger/folded, now its a toss up, you don't know if he spazzing coz of your bet or hes raising for value. I would be inclined to fold here.

Hand 3: I flat and see the flop

Comment

What do people think of folding hand 1 preflop? Now Im just asking, don't start frothing at the mouth you monkeys.

Comment

Yeah good post. Think you could be right but do you not think he could be valuebetting QQ or AJ? I know they only a tiny part of his range though.
                      Nah, easy check call with both of them. Would be spewy, he is getting value from nothing.

Comment

Its not all the same villain...
                        Oh woops. Then forget everything I said. Apart from the stuff about Hand 1.

I raised the turn in hand 2 because he's not folding anything he is barrelling with now and that includes any draw of which there would be a few as well as some 10's like 10js or A10s etc.
                        I see. That makes sense, but the problem with it is that you're inflating the pot with a marginal holding on a wet board. It means that if you didn't hate every river card if you just flatted the turn, you're definitely going to hate it now. But worse than that, you're completely owning yourself the times he has you beat. I tell you this much, I would never raise the turn without a plan of how to proceed on every type of river card.

Yeah calling 3barrells is fine but it can be pretty exploitable if he sees me doing that. Also he'll be much less likely to barrell bluff me in future with this line and also I'm able to check/raise bluff more in spots because he knows I can have a hand. Admittedly the 3 on the turn probably lowers his bluffing frequency but it also means he's more likely to vb any 10.
                        A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. You've got a perfect bluff catching hand and a villian who's extremely likely to fire 3 barrells with worse. Let him hang himself, take his money, and deal with the aftermath afterwards.

I also don't think the 3 on the turn changes villian's range at all. If anything I'd say he's more likely to fire another barrell. The 3 is scary to your draws and makes you more likely to fold to pressure on the river.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What do people think of folding hand 1 preflop? Now Im just asking, don't start frothing at the mouth you monkeys.
                          No way against him.

Comment

Oh woops. Then forget everything I said. Apart from the stuff about Hand 1.

I see. That makes sense, but the problem with it is that you're inflating the pot with a marginal holding on a wet board. It means that if you didn't hate every river card if you just flatted the turn, you're definitely going to hate it now. But worse than that, you're completely owning yourself the times he has you beat. I tell you this much, I would never raise the turn without a plan of how to proceed on every type of river card.
                            Stacks are in on turn when I crai so river card doesnt matter then...? or what did you mean?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. You've got a perfect bluff catching hand and a villian who's extremely likely to fire 3 barrells with worse. Let him hang himself, take his money, and deal with the aftermath afterwards.
                            Agree, but if I make a habit of only calling down in these spots Villain can quickly play perfectly against me. Not overly important at this level but a consideration.

I also don't think the 3 on the turn changes villian's range at all. If anything I'd say he's more likely to fire another barrell. The 3 is scary to your draws and makes you more likely to fold to pressure on the river.
                            The 3 definitely lowers his bluffing frequency. Without a doubt, my range is quite transparent and the 3 doesnt strengthen his perceived range at all.

I think calling down might be better alright but what rivers can I fold/call on?

Comment

No way against him.
                              Yeah true. I wasnt considering it really. I really think 4bet/let it ride is the best line here now given the info I had.

If Villain was 16/14/2 or thereabouts, what would you do on the turn in this hand (assuming we get there the same way)?

Comment

Stacks are in on turn when I crai so river card doesnt matter then...? or what did you mean?
                                No that's just me being an idiot again. Disregard. I'm trying to do 3 things at once here, it never goes well.

Personally I could fold AT or TJs (not hearts obv) to a turn c/r here. At this level it's almost always a big hand and never a draw. A good laggy villian certainly could, because if he's doing it right he knows when to back out. I'd rather let him try to turn it into a bluff on a scary river or value bet it on a dud.

Agree, but if I make a habit of only calling down in these spots Villain can quickly play perfectly against me. Not overly important at this level but a consideration.
                                All you have to do is make a note against the villian, bear it in mind next time you're in a similar hand with him, make another note. Anything else wouldn't occur to me at all, to be honest.

Comment

1 - 4bet pre! As you've played I just call the spewbox down. Don't get the raise on the turn. He'll fold his bluffs and weak one pair hands which make up a huge part of his range imo. Ugly river too, I probably c/c as a guy this aggro will surely try and rep a scare card like that river.

2 - Ugh. Bet less on the flop and turn as TG said. I'd bet about $17 on the river. River is a huge wtf. I don't see why he can't have a 6 though?

Is this guy capable of turning pairs into bluffs like this? I probably call it off because there's so little he can have that beats us. 33/6x/44 and JJ, which he probably 3bets pre.

3. I just call and see a flop. Being UTG and 4betting, villain should only continue with QQ+ and I got sick of stacking off pre with AK for 100bbs at these stakes.

Comment

To everyone advocating 4betting JJ pre and calling a shove, could you please expand on this?

I have never at 50 or 20nl 4bet and called a shove and been up against less than QQ. If players only 5bet with QQ+, why are we 4bet calling?

It comes up here a lot, and I'm very confused by it. Is it because we are happy to 4bet vs his 3betting range, as he calls with some hands we are in ok shape vs, and also we are not in terrible shape vs the majority of his 3bet and 5bet range (AK)?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                      2 - Ugh. Bet less on the flop and turn as TG said. I'd bet about $17 on the river. River is a huge wtf. I don't see why he can't have a 6 though?

Is this guy capable of turning pairs into bluffs like this? I probably call it off because there's so little he can have that beats us. 33/6x/44 and JJ, which he probably 3bets pre.
                                      What hands containing a six does a 20/16 call an UTG raise oop with? Very very few combos. Very few. I didnt say he can't, I said its very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        To everyone advocating 4betting JJ pre and calling a shove, could you please expand on this?

I have never at 50 or 20nl 4bet and called a shove and been up against less than QQ. If players only 5bet with QQ+, why are we 4bet calling?

It comes up here a lot, and I'm very confused by it. Is it because we are happy to 4bet vs his 3betting range, as he calls with some hands we are in ok shape vs, and also we are not in terrible shape vs the majority of his 3bet and 5bet range (AK)?

Thanks
                                        Your dead right. You've never seen it because it happends very very rarely that a villain is that aggro that we can get it in preflop with JJ and be profitable.

This is one of those times. Its profitable because he folds a ton and he is aggro enough to shove hands like AQ/JJ in here which add a significant amount of combos to the ranges.

For example:

Typical regs 5 bet shove range here assuming he never bluffs: QQ+ AK, thats 32 combos. We have 36% equity against it.

This guys percieved shoving range is wider AQ+, JJ+, 52o (he might bluff a little bit so I added in 4 combos of 52o to rep) so thats 60 combos.

We have 45% against this range.

He folds a ton too AND there is loads of dead money in the middle so 4betting is instantly profitable.

I think thats it anyway.

Comment

1. Shoving turn is really bad. Let him bluff off his last few bob. Get it in PF.

2. Bet a normal amount on the river imo. Fold now.

3.Call and play a floppy

Comment

havnt read any replys too wasted

hand 1. well your never folding when he bets the turn. I actually dont mind shoving the turn as it gets rid of all the hands that contain over cards that make you hurt kittens when they hit on the river

hand 2. gay. I call anyway but am shocked if he doesnt turn over JJ.

hand 3. 4 bet his ass and get it in. spewtard villains
                                            Last edited by Bubbleking; 23-10-10, 02:12.

Comment

1) 4ball pre, don't jam turn, call and call river
                                              2) bet bigger everywhere, fold river
                                              3) call prob , 10.2 3b is misleading when its sb on utg, altho its unlikely 4b calling is a big mistake either

Comment

1: 4bet/call
                                                2: Fold now but bet bigger
                                                3: Flatting pre is good.

Comment

Working...
                                                X