e100nl Spew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e100nl Spew?

Villain is a reg 24/18 with fold to 3bet of 53% , button is also a reg with stationy fish in the bb playing 36/4. I think flatting is much better with him there but I elected to squeeze as I hadn't yet this session. I think it will get decent respect from the 2 regs. When fish cold calls his range is definitely wider than most. I cbet small to induce a shove from him. When reg calls I am definitely slowing down but the spade comes so with 1 PSB left I shove trying to fold out 10s, jjs ,some stronger nines and if called still have some equity.

Is cbet bad into 3 players?
    Is the shove spew?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
    NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
    Hero ($143)
    BB ($65.94)
    UTG ($101)
    CO ($166)
    BTN ($111)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: T:spade:

fold, CO raises to $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, Hero raises to $15, BB calls $14, CO calls $11.50, BTN calls $11.50

FLOP ($60) 9:heart: 4:spade: 7:club:

Hero bets $20, BB folds, CO calls $20, BTN folds

TURN ($100) 9:heart: 4:spade: 7:club: Q:spade:

Hero bets $108 (AI), CO calls $108

RIVER ($316) 9:heart: 4:spade: 7:club: Q:spade: 2:diamond:

Hero shows 9:spade: T:spade:
    (Pre 69%, Flop 22.4%, Turn 31.8%)

CO shows 9:diamond: 7:diamond:
    (Pre 31%, Flop 77.6%, Turn 68.2%)

CO wins $313
    Last edited by ikilldurrr1; 07-10-10, 17:57.

Preflop, this was fine certainly a good spot for your first 3bet, no problems there. It is bb who really put pressure on you for this hole hand by just calling, he really f this up for you lol.

Flop, I can see what you are trying to do here it is not so much wrong doh as if you had the big over pair almost certainly you would feel you have to stick the bb in now with a close to pot bet just covering the bb stack thats left. I'm sure the reg new what you were trying to do here and that is why he just flatted your small bet with top 2 as he was thinking you might get away from your hand if he raised now.

Turn, there is no way your folding now, it is a shove! the reg has disguised his hand very well here, I really can't see any other way to play this tbh, you are just unlucky your opponent has the top 2 instead of his normal wide range of 1 pairs and draws which he will more than likely fold once you go all in.

River, you should try and practise hitting rivers more sir

Overall I think nothing more can be done on this hand you were just unlucky with the reg having top 2 and the bb awkward flat pre!
    Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
    My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Yeah I agree, don't think you've done much wrong here. Ul.

What would you have done if a spade didn't roll off on the turn incidentally?

Comment

Hmm, I think I would just check fold tbh. I think I can safely assume my bare 9 is behind when he flats.

Comment

Well played, UL.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I think I prefer flatting pf. 910s plays well multi-way and given that the bb is a fishy station there's a high probability that he will come along for the ride too.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say I flat 90% of the time.

Comment

Really bad squeeze. Not just the fact you have 9Ts which plays nice multiway but the fact you are playing vs guys who don't fold often enough vs 3bs to make squeezing this hand a good play.

Vs guys with low fold to 3b, you want to be sqz'ing hand like KQo ahead of 9Ts.

Comment

I understand what you are saying and I do widen my 3b value range against players who don't fold. Like I said I think flatting is better but in this instance I decided to 3b because I think he is opening wider with the fish in the bb and I thought my squeeze would get enough folds as I hadn't got out of line yet. Results based thinking I know but he definitely folds the 97o if bb folds.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                    I think I prefer flatting pf. 910s plays well multi-way and given that the bb is a fishy station there's a high probability that he will come along for the ride too.
                    agree with carlop 100%..

If your going to squeeze light then I would prefer with an Axss, Kxss hand as even when called you cant still flop top pair and be good and also by card elimination less likely that one of your opponents is holding one of those.

Comment

Ugh? Axs? Not sure i'd like to 3bet that.
                      Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X