Live hand in €100 Frezeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live hand in €100 Frezeout

Blinds 150/300. Average chip count is just over 13k. I'm playing 33k after getting paid off by when I turned two sets v over pairs. Reasonable steady solid image built.

Villain in this hand has 19k. Fairly loose, limps too much with weak holdings and accumulates chips by overvaluing top pair and getting people to pay him off.

Anyway he limps again, in mid position folded round to me on the button with q9dd. Now I know I'm capable of out playing him and having position on him I should be able to do this. I raise it to 1300. Blinds get out of the way and villain calls.

Flop comes 9s 9c 5s. Checked to me and I check behind. I'm thinking the check behind is a bit of an error here. He could have two spades and I probably should be getting value if he does. He may even think I'm just c-betting and call with two overs. I really should have fired here thinking back. Opinions?

Turn is 3c. He leads out for 3500. What's everyone elses line here?

We get to river which is 7c and he fires a 2/3 of the pot bet? Line again here?

Thanks for any comments in advance.

bet the flop for the love of God and the rest of the hand plays itself

as played, it's an easy call
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

preflop - I like to limp the Q9dd in that spot

flop - easiest cbet in teh world

turn - call

river call

Comment

I don't like to limp with a hand like q9 and allow blinds in because I hate taking a hand to the flop like that 4 way. Isolate and play in position v weak players.

Ya should be c-betting but being the greedy donkey I am was having a wet dream about some paint falling on the turn. Stupid, stupid line by me. Second I checked I knew I was wrong.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
          I don't like to limp with a hand like q9 and allow blinds in because I hate taking a hand to the flop like that 4 way. Isolate and play in position v weak players.
          It plays well multi way and you have position. Im not saying raising is wrong id just love to have that hand on the button in a multiway pot

Comment

I don't mind isolating the bad player in position with 100+bbs, I make it less though 1050ish.
            (i'd like to have a good idea how villain plays post flop. I'd be more likely to iso that passive guy who chk folds a lot of flops)
            If I'm checking that flop, i'm raising that turn.
            As played easy call.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              preflop - I like to limp the Q9dd in that spot

flop - easiest cbet in teh world

turn - call

river call
              This is wrong. Limping the button here is not good. We want to play a pot with the station in position HU. Limping will most likely see the SB and the BB in the hand too. Id make it smaller pre though. I think 1000 achieves the same as 1300 and makes our cbet a bit smaller should we miss.

I would bet this flop 100%, I make it about 1300.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                This is wrong. Limping the button here is not good. We want to play a pot with the station in position HU. Limping will most likely see the SB and the BB in the hand too. Id make it smaller pre though. I think 1000 achieves the same as 1300 and makes our cbet a bit smaller should we miss.

I would bet this flop 100%, I make it about 1300.
                This, tbf. We don't need to commit that many chips with a marginal hand like q9s but we do want to iso. Apart from the fact that we can cbet for less on the flop we also get away from our hand cheaper if either of the blinds wake up with a hand.

Also a bet on this flop is mandatory. I am cbetting this flop 100% of the time w/e I have so we have to cbet when we flop a monster.
                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                  Blinds 150/300. Average chip count is just over 13k. I'm playing 33k after getting paid off by when I turned two sets v over pairs. Reasonable steady solid image built.

Villain in this hand has 19k. Fairly loose, limps too much with weak holdings and accumulates chips by overvaluing top pair and getting people to pay him off.

Anyway he limps again, in mid position folded round to me on the button with q9dd. Now I know I'm capable of out playing him and having position on him I should be able to do this. I raise it to 1300. Blinds get out of the way and villain calls.

Flop comes 9s 9c 5s. Checked to me and I check behind. I'm thinking the check behind is a bit of an error here. He could have two spades and I probably should be getting value if he does. He may even think I'm just c-betting and call with two overs. I really should have fired here thinking back. Opinions?

Turn is 3c. He leads out for 3500. What's everyone elses line here?

We get to river which is 7c and he fires a 2/3 of the pot bet? Line again here?

Thanks for any comments in advance.
                  Preflop, love your raise, I do this all the time it's where I make most of my chips in tournys in position with these type of hands against weak opponents.You gotta raise ere imo or you loose loads of spots like this where there is emense value for collecting chips.

Flop, this is a must bet especially against this opponent, just like you said he continues with a wide range plus he might bluff thinking you have the big overs.

Turn, well you have to raise now if you don't you are going too loose a tonne of value come the river, the amount of scare cards that come is enormus, Stack him already

River, now you have the problem where you can only call, he either has the flush or he has no hand to call you with bar some kind of weaker 9 but thats just dreaming. River is a flat now and by letting your opponent get there you have lost huge value for your hand!

Oh and also about your raise amount preflop, this is far too much...we want to isolate our opponent without over inflating the pot.. like Rory said 1k is fine.
                  Last edited by blaaaaaaah; 07-10-10, 18:04.
                  Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                  My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Pre is fine, isolate in position, bigger than i'd make it but thats only marginal

huge mistake not betting this flop, bet like 1500-2000,

got to raise the turn and get it in,

i'd kind of want to fold the river, but would call
                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Pre is 100% standard vs this type of villain imo. Perfect chance to isolate a weak player and we have a decent hand too. I'd make it around 1100.

Bet the flop for the love of God! Although you probably check back Ace high here a lot so maybe it's not so bad and checking dry boards vs bad live players seems to induce turn bluffs a ton.

Turn and river are snap calls.

Comment

Working...
                      X