Who is the bigger donkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the bigger donkey?

Live double chance tournament – early in second level (50-100).
    8 players at the table. Most stacks are in the 3000-5000 range. SB has 2,800, BB has 3,700
    from the original 4k

UTG+2 limps causing a cascade of limpers. There is 650 in the pot by the time it gets to the SB.
    Small Blind has KK and completes.
    Big Blind has AhTh and raises to 700.
    Cut off calls the 700 (says he had 89s)
    SB moves all in.
    BB ponders for a while and moves all in.
    CO folds.

The SB and BB know each others play extremely well - have playede against each other many times. BB thinks that SB is farily standard, never too far out of line. SB thinks that BB is a bit too loose and will often be suspicious of moves.

Comments on SB / BB play?

There was general disagreement about who played worse here. Btw the SB said that he didn’t look at his cards before he limped.

Both donkeys, bb=super donk!

Comment

KK bigger donkey... atrocious play. Limping pre in the sb with KK is 10 times worse than the A10 all in call. Dont get me wrong both are horrific plays but the sb just butchered the second best hand he can get.

Comment

I think the BB played it significantly worse than the SB for what its worth. Every decision he makes seems to be terrible.
        Last edited by TommyGunne; 03-10-10, 21:00.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

^^ Schitzo sb eh?

Personally I think they're both atrocious but the A10 is shocking..raising a very marginal hand (esp live where no one folds) when you will be oop for the rest of the hand is shocking and depending on the stack sizes the all in call is just abysmal.

Not looking at your cards is lolbad as is limping w/kk but as long as he's prepared to muck on the flop depending on board texture and action it's not too bad and it also gives him the chance to win a big pot if he gets a nice flop.
          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

The BB is terrible here. Raising AT OOP into a full table is stupid. More so when considerign the fact that hands like 89s make the call.
            The all-in call is pretty bad too.

The sb limping KK is terrible 99% of the time. Its a good play when you are pretty sure the BB is raising. But you have to be certain or else you lose all sorts of value. Not looking is stupid too (although may not be true).

SB bad, BB slightly worse

Comment

I think the CO is the biggest donkey of all

Comment

Working...
              X