So how bad am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how bad am I?

Right haven't played live poker that much this year, but wandered into the fitz last night for a game, Got myself in some ugh spots and just want to get opinions on what i should have done and for you guys to tell me how bad i am

First Hand:

BB: Me(950)
    CO: Will (400)

Anyone who plays in the fitz will know Will, good player and knows what he's doing, has been quiet enough up to this point.

A couple of limpers and Will makes it 10, i call in BB with 6h7h as do 2 others(but they are irrelevant to the rest of hand)

Flop comes 6s7sQs (40)

i stop and think and bet 15, Will makes it 40, I thought this was a bit of a strange raise by him, i ask him how much he has left and by his reaction i just get the feelin he has the As, so i eventually raise to 160, Will thinks for about 2/3 mins and eventully goes all in. My reason for the small bet on the flop was to induce a raise from someone as my bet looks weak, but does he ship it all in with the bar As? Do i call?

Hand 2:

UTG: Tony (plays a lot in the fitz, owns a few pubs): ~300
    UTG+2: Me ~1000
    MP: some random chap don't know him or how he plays: ~275

Live 5 is on (by Will), tony limps, as do i with Ac10c and a few others, Will checks.

Flop AsAd6s (40)

Check to me and i bet 20, guy in MP raises 100, folded to Tony who makes it 200, We????

Hand 3:

Ok so anyone knows me, knows i see a lot of flops with suited cards so pf is this hand might be bad but meh.

Button bad beat Joe: ~750
    BB (i think is loose cannon from there): 185
    Me: ~900

so i limp it with Ks6s as does everyone, BB makes it 20, 4 callers,

Flop: 6d6c2d (85)

BB leads for 20, folded to me and i raise pot to 145, bad beat joe instantly reraises all in, BB also goes all in - and back to me - is this a instant call?
    From BBJ's pov, he has to put me on a 6 therefore is he shipping it all in with any 6?

Hand 4:

Button: Tony (from hand 2) ~550
    Me: ~850
    MP: Guy from Hand 2 ~ 375

live 5 is on, Tony raises on button to 25, i call with Jh10h as do a 3 others.

Flop: Ah Kh 5h (100)

I lead for 45, MP reraise to 160, Tony calls the 160 - we?

So there's 4 hands that were playin on my mind from last night.

Jesus MBN

Comment

I think a lot of your problems here are coming from playing so deep and also having few reads on your opponents. You might be better off sitting down with less money if you're worried about getting into really difficult situations. 500 would be the most I'd sit with on a 1/2/5 without really knowing the game and the players well.

Here's my thoughts though. Bear in mind that I've never been in the Fitz and don't know who any of these players are or how the game usually plays:

1. Fold now. Even if he can do this with the bare As, AsQx or AsAx, his range contains a lot of hands that have you smashed. I don't like your flop lead either. On this flop the range of hands that raises has you beaten IMO.

2. Sick spot. I'd raise pre but I can see why you'd limp. I'd be getting them in here but I wouldn't feel good about it by any stretch.

3. I'd need a read on the player to call here. But... this is why you don't limp with this kind of hand pre. Most of the time you miss the flop, and when you hit hard it you're still not getting your money in good.

4. Fistpump, ship the money in, do a little dance. I don't see any point in flat calling here. We hate a lot of turn cards and both our opponents are pot committed anyway. NHWP.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hand 1: Don't donk the flop. Just c/c I think is best. I certainly hate your 3b an enormous amount.

Hand 2: Raise/Fold pf. Fold now.

Hand 3: Don't limp here unless there were a good few limpers ahead of you. I don't like raising the pot. I call now FWIW, but I don't really know much about BBJ.

Hand 4: Allin

I wouldn't play so deep if I wasn't comfortable that I was making good decisions most of the times in these spots.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Hand three Im getting all the nappies in and it brings tears to my eyes how happy I am about it. Your all bananas.
          I wouldnt fold hand two either.
          Or hand one for that matter.
          And obv not hand four.

Comment

hand 1: raise more on flop, prob call reraise. check call safe turns and reassess on river.fold now
            hand 2: wud fold if deeper but rarely in that situation without solid reads,
            hand 3=burn marks on felt
            hand 4= mbn( ship the loots, dont want a scare card to slow action on turn.i.e-another heart or baord pair)
            Last edited by JWillo1; 03-10-10, 22:16. Reason: wrong info

Comment

Hand one is the only hand I am folding.

The others I'm putting it in almost everytime and happy about it.

Comment

1. Jaysus, car wreck of a hand. Why would you donk here???? If you're donking with v strong hands/bluffs/draws too I like it, but in a vacumn it just seems really bad. Why do you want to induce a raise when you have bottom pair in a 4 way pot?????

2. Easy shove. I mean one of them might show up with 66 a reasonable amount of the time but you see 88/A4soooooted and hands like that way more often imo.

3. I really hate raising pot here. You're screaming out that you have a 6. Making it 75-90 would be way way better imo. And BBJ jammed anyway but he probably does this with any 6 so i'm stacking off here and feeling good. Sick if he has A6/22 but a cooler imo.

4. Is this serious?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                  Hand one is the only hand I am folding.

The others I'm putting it in almost everytime and happy about it.
                  The fact that i did the opposite isn't good?

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                  1. Jaysus, car wreck of a hand. Why would you donk here???? If you're donking with v strong hands/bluffs/draws too I like it, but in a vacumn it just seems really bad. Why do you want to induce a raise when you have bottom pair in a 4 way pot?????
                  I have bottom 2 pair, i felt that he would raise if he had the As, and so reraised, but i just wasn't sure to how much, surely he has to put me out some sort of a hand.

As for the comments about me not comfortable playing deep, they are probably fair, like i said its being over a year since i really played that game, i was in for 350, and within 20 mins i was up to 1100 down to 400 and back up to 1000, all 4 hands above happened within 30 mins of each other.
                  Last edited by Ace; 04-10-10, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    The fact that i did the opposite isn't good?

I have bottom 2 pair, i felt that he would raise if he had the As, and so reraised, but i just wasn't sure to how much, surely he has to put me out some sort of a hand.

As for the comments about me not comfortable playing deep, they are probably fair, like i said its being over a year since i really played that game, i was in for 350, and within 20 mins i was up to 1100 down to 400 and back up to 1000, all 4 hands above happened within 30 mins of each other.

I am poor at cash games and you are playing well above my limit. So please feel free to ignore my advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

I'm blind, for some reason I thought you had 65hh

Anyway, I think I prefer a c/c and hope for a safe card on the turn. Stacking off on the flop we're either flipping or dead, imo.

Comment

hand 1 is mental, donking out is not actually that terrible depending on the other two in the hand and their stacks but donking small is terribad, then 3betting, hoping he folds all worse hands is also horrific. I would never 3bet fold here so I would call it off and hope he has AxAs which is probably you best hope.

Hand 2, preflop is an easy raise, don't know what you are doing there, I would fold now seems impossible you are ahead of both, if either.

Hand 3 preflop is horrific, really really terrible, I wouldn't be folding now though.

Hand 4 is a shove although depending on what MP had in hand 2 you could possible slowplay by calling looking to c/r the rest on the turn and trap either or both with weaker flushes/ two pair hands or w/e

Comment

Hand 1: Don't 3bet if you are going to fold. In fact you should know exactly what your plan is once you decide to 3bet.

Hand 2: Unless villain is terrrible this is a fold. Can't really be ahead of button, prob not even MP.

Hand 3: Easy fold pre, limping here is spew. You can't just say "meh, I likes suited cards", its terrible, simple as.
                          Easy decision to get it in now.

Hand 4: I don't even know what you are asking here?
                          No raise other than All-in leaves any sort of decision or action on the turn.
                          Flattign is bad as there are so many bad cards, 16 or so

Comment

Working...
                          X