Small tourney hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small tourney hand

Blinds are 150/300 I am the btn (12k) , 3 limpers and i make it 1k with 5d7d and get a call from the sb and mp2.
    The flop is Jx 7x 4d both chk and i bet 2k and both call , the turn is 6d giving me oesfd to go with my 2nd pair.
    The sb bets 2.5k and mp2 shoves for 5.5k after a small dwell .
    I cover both so whats my line here.??

what are the effective stacks of your opponents?
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'd have made it more pre-flop if I was going raising. I'm not a huge fan of really raising here but worth a go I suppose. Anyway as it plays out here and with so much in the pot already, I reckon I shove and try and get the sb to leave 2.5k dead as long as he has the stack to fold????

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
        what are the effective stacks of your opponents?
        Sb has 4k back and mp2 is all in so if i shove and it goes 3 way i would be left with 2.5 k if i dont catch

Comment

MP: 8.5k

SB : 10.5k

BT: 12k,

given these stacksize if they are correct if i raise i make at least 1500, to try get it head up,

i do prefer a limp cos people don't like to fold live,

i prefer a check back on the flop,

i'm just going to get all the money in on the turn more than likely we aren't drawing dead and it wil give us a big stack and we have put in 3k out of 12k and your going to be left with 30bbs and i'm sure blinds be up soon enough,

you haven't given us alot of info as how you view your opponents are playing? the buy in, payouts etc so hard to give more anaylsis
          http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Think you have to get it in here. You just have too much equity 3way with those pot odds. Most of your outs are clean most of the time too. I check back the flop too tbh.
            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I bet u got it in Damo... did u win??

Comment

Not sure I like the raise pre but if I am i go for at least 1300/1400, 1k with two limpers is too small imo. I check back flop and get the loot in on the turn.

Comment

If I'm reading it correctly it's 5,500 to win 17,700, I don't like the c-bet when you've hit 2nd pair and backdoor posibilities. How often does anyone fold to a c-bet, especially 3 handed nowadays? Wouldn't really like it but I'd call now.

Comment

I didn't have any table time with either player as they were only moved from a broken table and this was only the 3rd hand with them there .
                    TBH as soon as i raised 1k pre i knew str8 away that it wasn't enough.
                    When it was chk to me on the flop i am always cbetting a board of that texture , i thought 2k was enough to either take it down there or be able to fold to a chk raise.
                    When the turn hit and the sb bets out ,i had my decision made at that point that i was shoving even before mp2 had . When mp2 shoved i didn,t see how it would have any signifigance to my decision as i felt he was trying to protect his hand from any str8 or flush draw's .
                    I suppose my only concern was if the sb had a big flush draw and would he be able to make a fold if he hadnt the nut draw .
                    My level of thinking into this hand i know is somewhat flawed and i think i played it pretty bad from start to finnish and thats why i stuck it up for you guy's to dissect .

Anyway to conclude the small blind found too much value in the hand and called with Jd9d and mp2 had KJ no diamonds and the river bricked out for me .

Thanks for the replies lads .
                    Last edited by DAMO72; 04-10-10, 10:55.

Comment

Raise size is too small pre. I'd be making it 1400 or so if I was playing. I'd fold here close to 100% of the time though tbh. Not a great spot to try and raise light imo.

Check back that flop, betting there is crazy. Did you have a plan if someone jammed on you or if you get called and a blank/an overcard rolls off.

As you've played i'd be getting it in. Good price, lots of outs which should all be clean. Gamboooooooooool.

Comment

Working...
                      X