Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went donking

Hand occured at €2/4

UTG is 40/25 over 63 hands, no other info, he bought in for 50bb so I'm going to assume hes bad.
    BB is 33/20 over 20 hands, no other info, bought in for 100bb, done nothing strange so far.

UTG opens to 12, everyone folds, I flat 88 in SB and BB calls too.

Anyone raise here to isolate utg?

So flop comes 456r and I donk out 24 into 36, BB calls and utg folds.

Thoughts on this donk bet here?

Turn is a 2h, brings backdoor heart draw, action to you now sir?

Sigh,misread title as dogging.Boring!
    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Sigh,misread title as dogging.Boring!
      i thought it was bonking
      ffs

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I wouldn't raise pre with 88 there as UTG's stack is awkward if he calls we will have to check/fold a lot on the flop or turn. Also if UTG or the BB 4bet we wont be very happy either.

I like the donk but when BB flats behind with UTG still to act id give him quiet a strong range. Id check/call the turn and if it was checked back id check call any river expecting to be good a lot.

Disclaimer: I dont play these stakes, the above advice should not be followed by anyone reading this in a similar situation.

Comment

I would just c/f now. Donk is alright I guess in this spot. What's your plan if bb folds and utg raises flop?

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the donk bet as long as you are doing this also with your monsters/draws as well as weak overpairs. However as your opponents have limited reads on you then the donk bet is perfectly fine.

If i was the big blind and I saw you donk leading into a bad player who preflop raised from UTG, alarm bells would go off that you are trying to take the bad UTG player to value town, therefore I would only be calling your donk bet with made strong hands or hands with good equity like an open ender. It is very unlikely this is some kind of a weak float/steal and therefore with that reason the best option for you is check/fold turn and try and get to SD cheaply.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
              I would just c/f now. Donk is alright I guess in this spot. What's your plan if bb folds and utg raises flop?
              Allin was my plan.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                Allin was my plan.
                Seems pretty bad as its not a board that he can have too many absolute bluffs, if any.

Comment

I wouldn't like a 3b preflop here. Its a bit too weak to be getting it in I think.

I can see the merits to donking here, but I'm not sure if I am a fan. I think I'd prefer to be more polarised. You should have quite a few hands both stronger and weaker that can donk here with no worries, but I don't think I like donking a hand like 88 here. I prefer it as a c/c.

I think he'll check back most hands we beat on the turn now, so c/f is better than c/c, but I think I prefer a b/f. I think there are defo some hands to get value from. River is gonna be a bit tricky in that you are gonna have to c/c a lot, but I think I prefer a b/f to a c/f anyway. I dunno though.
                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

im confused, what are the benefits of donking the flop? i suppose as played if you bet the turn and shove the river you should get folds from lots of better hands, problem is bb can have slowplayed monsters to keep the fish in.

Comment

Working...
                    X