Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on all streets please

I have late regged and this is the first hand I get so no reads:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button (t5900)
    SB (t3235)
    Hero (BB) (t5000)
    UTG (t7492)
    MP1 (t7320)
    MP2 (t5060)
    CO (t4765)

Hero's M: 83.33

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 4
    UTG calls t40, MP1 calls t40, MP2 calls t40, 3 folds, Hero checks

Flop: (t180) 4, 7, 4 (4 players)
    Hero bets t120, UTG calls t120, MP1 calls t120, MP2 calls t120

Turn: (t660) 2 (4 players)
    Hero bets t400, UTG calls t400, 1 fold, MP2 raises to t4900 (All-In),Hero???

Don't think I'm ever doing much else pre so thoughts on how I played flop, turn and what to do on river would be much appreciated.

all looks fine so far.

I'm struggling not to go broke here though.

Unless he flopped a FH, I think you are good here, there's little chance he has a better 4 either.

I'm busting or doubling up here I guess.

Comment

i would have bet more on the flop+turn

Comment

SHIPPAGE IMO.

Bet more on flop
        Bet more on turn.
        Get it in now.

There's plenty of hands he could have here. A4 sooted. A FD, mid pair. I'd eliminate 77 from his range 'cause if he had that his play would be ghey. SO GET IT IN.

Comment

180 on the flop
          600 on the turn

I pretty much always call now.
          He may have A4 or 77, but it looks more like a squeeze when the board double paired. But he is unlikely to have any other 4 bar the Ace, which is unfortunate for you I suppose.

Queen please, etc

Comment

iam getting it in every time in this spot

Last edited by Angry-Ball; 25-06-10, 08:23.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I'd reluctantly get it in but actually think its pretty close as it's a very weird spot for villian to bluff.

I think your bet sizing is good and don't like betting the pot on the flop as I prefer to bet roughly the same amount each time whether I have air or an average or good hand. As a result when we bet the pot with air it is too expensive over the long run.

Comment

Very surprised if you're beat here. Sure it's possible but he can have some worse hands.

Get it in and embrace the variance.

Comment

Ty for the comments.

Meh, I folded tbh thinking his range is pretty much going to be A,4 in this spot. Sometimes 77 but I don't see why he wouldn't let a draw get there if he had filled already.

I thought that the push is a hell of a lot stronger since UTG has flatted in front of him. He prob thought he was going to get at least one caller. UTG folded behind me btw.

Why would people bet more on flop and turn btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                    Ty for the comments.

Meh, I folded tbh thinking his range is pretty much going to be A,4 in this spot. Sometimes 77 but I don't see why he wouldn't let a draw get there if he had filled already.
                    It's your first hand in a deep stack tournament. Giving him a range of just A4 is bad. It's a limped pot where the villain has 125bb and it's early stages of an MTT.

Villain can show up with 54,64, As7s, 8s7s, 56h, 56s , Big hearts/spades. There's a lot more hands in his range that he could shove it. He has no idea if you're a donkey, and vive versa.

Why would people bet more on flop and turn btw?[/QUOTE]

I'd probably got 140/150 on the flop and 480/520 on the turn. It's multiway and you want to get more money into the pot when you're ahead.

Comment

Does check raising the flop not seem better play in muti-way pot? not that I mind the lead out but if your leading out are you not hoping for someone to get it in so you can call? which is what happened.

If you check raise sure looks like u got the 4 but at same time I believe early stages all draws will still call you, now u have more control over the pot and also able to get in the big bets to make them pay to hit.

I do believe he has jammed on you here with 35 of spades along those lines

I also think villian new that the utg player would have to fold his own draw or overpair, utg never has a 4 here so its 7s full or the rest of the time hands that have to fold to the all in raise or even a normal raise

To sum up only 2 hands you are afraid of A4 or 7s full, I agree with everyone else make the call especially as he just shoves the lot its only ever A4 beating you, he does not have that hand as he was last to act to call your bet he would certainly have to raise with that draw heavy board. I believe he was open ended on d flop and turned spades so he decided to jam it in with the big draw!

Get it in and if amazingly he has the A4 its simples do what I do and hit Q on the river lol
                      Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                      My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

I definitely bet more on flop and turn anyway. You are 4way, with a few draws on board. You should be close to potting any hand you bet with here, and especially with the hand you have. Not a big fan of checkraising this board. I think its far far better to lead.

I guess I call now. Early stages there are enough weak players around that you can be good here a significant amount of the time, and definitely enough to call with imo. Its not like you are going to always be good or anything, I just think between worse 4s, draws and random spazzing you will have enough equity to call.
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

tyty

I'll be betting more on flop and turn and going broke to the shove in future so(if the case may be). What ever happened to betting the same amount/% of the pot on a consistent basis? If villain is on flushdraw he will call regardless of the amount I bet so I figure it's more about pot control...I'm sure I'm wrong...

I know it's hard to give someone an exact hand early in a game and with no history but, at the time, I thought from the action that took place it would be more likely that his holding was A,4. I do see now that there are alot more hands that come into play but it's just that if I was villain I would have A4 there and make that move with no other hand. Snappage from now on ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                            tyty

I'll be betting more on flop and turn and going broke to the shove in future so(if the case may be). What ever happened to betting the same amount/% of the pot on a consistent basis? If villain is on flushdraw he will call regardless of the amount I bet so I figure it's more about pot control...I'm sure I'm wrong...

I know it's hard to give someone an exact hand early in a game and with no history but, at the time, I thought from the action that took place it would be more likely that his holding was A,4. I do see now that there are alot more hands that come into play but it's just that if I was villain I would have A4 there and make that move with no other hand. Snappage from now on ftw.
                            Bet size depends on board texture mostly for those spots. More on wet, less on dry, more the more multiway it is.

If villain calls with a flushdraw regardless of the amount, you should be trying to bet as big as possible. I wouldn't really want to be pot controlling here at all either. Getting the pot very big should be a priority, rather than keeping it small.
                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                            X