• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough Spot with KK

This is in Silks 10k GTD game on Sunday

We are down to the last 16 with average stack about 19k
    i am playing 25k

Blinds are 200-400 with a 75 ante

I pick up KK in mid position. I make it 1000 to go.

BB calls. I know he will peel light cause I have been pumping his blinds last few orbits.

Flop comes 22j

He checks, I check ( why I check here I dont know, prob some sort of trappin going on)

Turn : 22J J

BB checks, I check (Again some sort of sweet trappin going on)

River 22J J J

BB checks. Boom, I Have the wizard. I bet 2k

He moves all in for 50k snappage?? quaddage??

Thoughts on my play please. Would especially like to hear hatedjacks on this hand as he was pretty close to the action.

I hope you called and thanked him for the free chips

Comment

fist pump snap call - this is never a jack IMO

also bet the flop and turn bla bla bla

Comment

This is not a snap call by any means. As played I call but I'd never get in this spot.
        Always bet the flop.
        Last edited by danutpeddler; 24-05-10, 18:49.

Comment

And your reads are???????

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
            i wasnt actually playing the hand, a friend was and there has been a good bit of debate bout it, so i thought id stick it up

Comment

Good question, these spots are so read dependent.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                i wasnt actually playing the hand, a friend was and there has been a good bit of debate bout it, so i thought id stick it up
                Cool, I'd probably fold and feel really shit for the next hour or two!!

I had a hand that was kind of similar in IO that I folded. Well similar as in I had AA on a QQ8KQ board!!

Comment

Very hard to say in isolation. I wouldn't get into this spot too often either as I bet flop 100%.

Um, I guess its a fold. I cant why he would over bet 12x the pot as a bluff - but then again it is live poker after all.

Comment

If u know who villain is? Obv bet flop ect But on the river i just be like wtf and call.
                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Readless I think I fold and feel really gay. As said before, I'd have definitely bet the flop though.
                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

ffs im coming out of retirement if this is the carry on

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                          ffs im coming out of retirement if this is the carry on
                          Against a lot players there isn't much difference between KK and 33 here.
                          With that said ,we should always call with KK before 33 as
                          - he could be turning a pocket pair into a bluff
                          - we have blockers to KJ
                          - he may have QQ (v rarely)

I'm very tempted to call here as it's a spot where we will so rarely be looked up. Meh, he probably doesn't have the imagination/stones to shove as a bluff so I guess I fold.

Comment

id say a huge part of the villains range is 33-1010 and he thinks hes value shoving

Comment

i think i would fold this about 0% of the time.
                              Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I had a hand that was kind of similar in IO that I folded. Well similar as in I had AA on a QQ8KQ board!!
                                really? how?

Comment

Tks Rory for posting this up.Revenge for my facebook comment earlier!?
                                  Anyway I am the KK here and must explain bit more
                                  It was very strange spot.As i had raised this guy blind 13 times throught out the night and i was utg.
                                  Just kept getting hands on his bb and he was well pissed off and told me so a few times how it was getting ridiculous
                                  I agree with everyone that betting the flop and turn is 100% standard but given the history and what is a pretty "safe" board I thought i would gove him a bit of rope.
                                  Obviously my plan did not work and he never bet any street.
                                  There was 4,500 in the middle when he checked the river and i bet 3,100,He shipped for 50,000(chip leader) and i had 21,000 behind which was around the average and more importantly 28 big blinds left.

I still think it is a fold as any capable player(and he is) would never shove pocket pairs here imo but given the history i think it is close
                                  I made the call which is still killing me today as it was a 10,000 euro tourney and was the biggest value ever and of course he turns over J,6
                                  I did speak to him after and i am pretty sure he was looking to check raise me all in on flop so was losing the hand anyhow
                                  Last edited by Hatedajacks; 24-05-10, 22:36.

Comment

given the history and his comments during the break I think you had to call

otherwise I think you could find a fold but it'd be bad long run

Comment

Id say he could have 33-77 and with the no betting on the flop and turn thinks your playing the board with your river bet. In his mind its a freeroll push he's making and a cooler if you have a bigger full house.

Comment

cooler. fold meh call meh. great push by him imo, probably knew you were in earshot.

Comment

Did you have the J6 willie?

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                                            really? how?
                                            Not going to hijack this thread with it here!! Was pretty sick spot and probably won't forget it to easily!!

Comment

Working...
                                            X