• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand 1/2 rush 6 max

hand 1/2 rush stacks 200 effective

utg who is 25/16 and opens 20% utg opens to 6

MP who is 32/26 calls MP

Everyone else folds to me in BB with AA, I 3 bet to 20.

Both call

J72 rainbow

I bet 35

UTG calls, MP folds

Turn is 10 puts up bd flush

Board is J7Tx

Action?

Nasty spot.

What's your 3bet stat? Have you 3bet this guy before? Your 3bet is on the small side, not that it makes much difference.

It really depends how the games play. Against unimaginative TAGs you could bet the turn and then check fold the river. He will usually check all worse hands back on the river. Against a good aggressive player you are in a terrible spot.

If the games are pretty aggro you could bet the turn and shove the river. In tight games you are going to run into a set most of the time you do this though.

On a side note, is there much value in these games? Haven't played on Full Tilt in years.

Comment

I think I just go bet turn and shove most rivers as it's only 100bbs. His basic stats make him seem like the stationy call happy type so I'm sure you can get called by worse. Your squeeze is very small imo. I make it 26ish here oop pre and 1/2 pot on this flop is plenty.

Games are pretty good HJ. 4 tabling rush/zoom is so much fun and there are still plenty of fish at ssnl. I can't see myself ever going back to normal tables tbh.

Btw, have you noticeably tightened up since BF colquhom or is just a sample size thing? I have loosened up a little since.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        Nasty spot.

What's your 3bet stat? Have you 3bet this guy before? Your 3bet is on the small side, not that it makes much difference.

It really depends how the games play. Against unimaginative TAGs you could bet the turn and then check fold the river. He will usually check all worse hands back on the river. Against a good aggressive player you are in a terrible spot.

If the games are pretty aggro you could bet the turn and shove the river. In tight games you are going to run into a set most of the time you do this though.

On a side note, is there much value in these games? Haven't played on Full Tilt in years.

3bet stat is 6% but if he's observant i think he'd realise that i squeeze a little more than most in these positions and i prob 3 bet utg opens a little more than most regs too.

I don't really know much about him other than the info provided.

I was fairly worried that given he called from utg and it was 3 ways, when i bet i don't get called by much that i beat on the turn. I ended up check folding.

I'd imagine you'd do very well in these games. They're hard to describe but what i'd say is that they are very nitty punctuated reasonably frequently by epic spew from said nits. I'd consider it mandatory to have a HUD in rush though and i know you don't use them so i think that would be something you'd have to consider, far more important to have one in Rush than normal games i think.

I'm getting crushed since i came back but i'd put that down to being fairly out of practice and i often don't get on too well with poker when i'm studying hard. The games certainly don't seem harder than when i left them last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
          I think I just go bet turn and shove most rivers as it's only 100bbs. His basic stats make him seem like the stationy call happy type so I'm sure you can get called by worse. Your squeeze is very small imo. I make it 26ish here oop pre and 1/2 pot on this flop is plenty.

Games are pretty good HJ. 4 tabling rush/zoom is so much fun and there are still plenty of fish at ssnl. I can't see myself ever going back to normal tables tbh.

Btw, have you noticeably tightened up since BF colquhom or is just a sample size thing? I have loosened up a little since.
          I dropped 5k in my first week back, which tilted me considerably, so i might have reflex tightened up in that period. I might have tightened up a liiittle but i think i'm back to 20/18/6 or something which is what i assume i was the last time i played. Do you have me at something different? I don't pay that much attention to my own stats.

I have started min-raising the button though, which is a change for me.

How are you getting on since the re-launch?

Comment

Not a fan of the check fold here. You can safely bet/fold that turn and still get value from worse imo.

Ouch at your first week back on FT! I had you a bit looser than 20/18 pre BF iirc but since relaunch at 18.5/15 over 400 hands fwiw.

Things going pretty well for me the last few months after a slow start to year. I have been 100% zoom/rush since it started on stars and has been going very smoothly recently. I have been a bit of a bankroll nit since a bad run at the start of the year so have been playing mostly 100nl. I'm quite close to getting fully back in those games though.

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
              Not a fan of the check fold here. You can safely bet/fold that turn and still get value from worse imo.

Ouch at your first week back on FT! I had you a bit looser than 20/18 pre BF iirc but since relaunch at 18.5/15 over 400 hands fwiw.

Things going pretty well for me the last few months after a slow start to year. I have been 100% zoom/rush since it started on stars and has been going very smoothly recently. I have been a bit of a bankroll nit since a bad run at the start of the year so have been playing mostly 100nl. I'm quite close to getting fully back in those games though.
              Yeah i pretty much quit poker after they took our mobnies away with no intention to ever get back into it really other than some live stuff so im a bit rusty. I think i've steadied the ship but i seem to swing a grand every single session and since im not playing full time at the moment its a bit stressful. also got a bit of monsters under the bed at this stage because i cant seem to win a hand.

What are the zoom games like actually? If i ever get my act together i wouldnt mind trying them out with the intention of playing some 2/5 zoom maybe. They have that don't they?

Comment

If you're rusty I'm that bike that's been at the end of the garden for 15 years, but c/folding that turn seems very nitty and, as you say yourself, a case of MUTBS.

Comment

Zoom is pretty much the same buzz but maybe a bit nittier. It's hard to tell after only a few weeks on FT. I haven't played any 500 but it's a target of mine to get up to there.

I can't even imagine what it would be like jumping straight back in after not playing for so long. No surprise you're rusty and stressing out a bit. I takes me a while to get back into it when i miss a week or so. I just play short sessions these days. Like 500 hands and then review all the big pots and restart fresh. I never have massive losing sessions as a result and can nip the tilt in the bud.

Comment

Working...
                  X