This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i fold??

Hand is from a 5 rebuy blinds are 250/500 its last hand before the end of rebuys. I have KK in the small blind my stack is 26k, 3 are all in two for roughly 4k each except the chip leader who covers me. Do i fold and move on with a decent stack or gamble it up with the chipleader no real reads on him as ive not seen him play much as i only recently joined the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
      Can i fold??

Hand is from a 5 rebuy blinds are 250/500 its last hand before the end of rebuys. I have KK in the small blind my stack is 26k, 3 are all in two for roughly 4k each except the chip leader who covers me. Do i fold and move on with a decent stack or gamble it up with the chipleader no real reads on him as ive not seen him play much as i only recently joined the table.
      Fold wait for the aces.

Comment

Never fold, just rebuy if you lose.

Comment

Can i fold??

The two short stacks are kind of irrelevant. If you win side pot v. the chippy will be on approx 44k. No way you can fold.

Comment

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????

Comment

Can i fold??

Theire shoving ranges will be very wide and the cheap leader's calling range will be pretty wide too, you're gonna be miles ahead of their ranges.

Comment

Can i fold??

Sure if its still rebuy period, just jam 100000000000% of the time

Comment

Satellite. 40 left 17 tickets and money for 18th average 5k im 8/40
                  PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds 50 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t3127)
                  MP2 (t2893)
                  CO (t5639)
                  Hero (Button) (t6220)
                  SB (t2635)
                  BB (t5410)
                  UTG (t4377)
                  UTG+1 (t9677)

Hero's M: 6.22

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9
                  UTG bets t800, 2 folds, MP2 raises to t2843 (All-In),

Hero??
                  airport, lol

Comment

snap fold

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      snap fold
                      Was pretty sure that was the right move and thats what i did but just wondering
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                        snap fold
                        dwell fold to run out the clock and get to next blind level to punish the shorties

Comment

Cheers. 3/19 now so to the hot 44 i go
                          airport, lol

Comment

Now the hot 44
                            PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 44 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 70 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (t3680)
                            CO (t12232)
                            Button (t7864)
                            SB (t13106)
                            BB (t8570)
                            Hero (UTG) (t33032)
                            UTG+1 (t41186)
                            MP1 (t27766)
                            MP2 (t19113)

Hero's M: 21.59

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10, 10
                            Hero bets t1333, 2 folds, MP2 raises to t19043 (All-In), HERO??
                            airport, lol

Comment

Tough one, any reads? The fact you raised utg makes me want to fold. Probably call readless though.

Comment

calling readless
                                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

sorry only reads was since at the table villain had folded most hands apart from one where he open shoved
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                    sorry only reads was since at the table villain had folded most hands apart from one where he open shoved
                                    lol, for 30+BB effective? fist-pump snap-calling in that case
                                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                      lol, for 30+BB effective? fist-pump snap-calling in that case
                                      yeah only once. super tight otherwise. meant to mention that in original post. My guess was he was picking up a high pair both times. Possibly doing it with small pairs but a good bit of time i'm behind/flipping and felt there was better spots to put 2/3rds of my stack at risk
                                      airport, lol

Comment

e300 tourney, 20k SS.

20mins in, 25\50. No real action yet & seems quite passive.

2 limpers to me in CO with KK, make it 325

Button calls & SB makes it 1100. Folded back to me & make it 2425, button folds & SB postures & makes it 6850.

Back to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          e300 tourney, 20k SS.

Button calls & SB makes it 1100. Folded back to me & make it 2425, button folds & SB postures & makes it 6850.

Back to me?
                                          ugggghhhhhhh....... fold in 1st level

what Keane says tho, I'd be flatting the sbs initial raise
                                          Last edited by ghostface; 06-10-12, 14:47.

Comment

I prob flat the 3bet.

Puke spot, doubt I could actually find a fold even though it's v strong action, I wouldn't 4bet without being happy to get it in though.

4bet folding KK seems like betting for info rather than value, are we hoping he flats it all the time to play a 4bet pot OOP with worse and only 5bets AA?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                              I prob flat the 3bet.

Puke spot, doubt I could actually find a fold even though it's v strong action, I wouldn't 4bet without being happy to get it in though.

4bet folding KK seems like betting for info rather than value, are we hoping he flats it all the time to play a 4bet pot OOP with worse and only 5bets AA?

Flatting the 3 bet is an option, but what happens when the board comes J high & subsequent streets?

What is the reasoning behind your disapproval of betting for information rather than value?

Personally, i don't agree with your statement that you want to get it in once you 4 bet. With his 5 bet he has committed almost 40% of his starting stack (140bbs) @ the 25/50 level OOP. I think betting for info is my preferred line here & then make a decision?

Comment

e300 tourney, 20k SS.

Back to me?
                                                Jam - Puke - Re-Enter ....in that order :-)

Seriously though, I don't see anything wrong with flatting the 3-bet in position this early on. You have less info to work with obviously but the flop/action will dictate. As played I am happy to get it in and fire another bullet if necessary.

Comment

Flatting the 3 bet is an option, but what happens when the board comes J high & subsequent streets?

What is the reasoning behind your disapproval of betting for information rather than value?

Personally, i don't agree with your statement that you want to get it in once you 4 bet. With his 5 bet he has committed almost 40% of his starting stack (140bbs) @ the 25/50 level OOP. I think betting for info is my preferred line here & then make a decision?

You play a 3 bet pot heads up with a large stack to pot ratio in position with an underrepped second best starting hand in holdem..? Doesn't seem that bad!

btw how do you know that he hasn't 5bet for info with say 99-QQ - or as a bluff with A5s ?

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                    You play a 3 bet pot heads up with a large stack to pot ratio in position with an underrepped second best starting hand in holdem..? Doesn't seem that bad!

btw how do you know that he hasn't 5bet for info with say 99-QQ - or as a bluff with A5s ?
                                                    That's why I went with the 4 bet, to try & gain the most information as cheaply as possible. When/if the 5 bet comes its then up to me to make a more informed decision based on physical/bet sizing reads.

Obv flatting is the other option pre-flop & both have their merits but I don't think I inferred it was bad play & was just curious to others preferred line here.

Anyway, I folded, he had it.

Comment

Well done on being right! I still hate the play though. imo the whole bet for info thing is a fallacy. Even if you think you are betting for info you are still just betting for value or as a bluff. Turning the top of your range into a bluff just doesn't make sense to most people, including myself. Why is 4bet folding better thatn calling 3b pre, calling one barrel post on the J high and then deciding - it will cost the same - you might even spike a king! You could even turn your hand into a bluff post flop as however much you hate life with an overpair, he'll hate it twice as much oop!

All that said, I hardly ever play live so would not be great at making physical reads. But you don't seem to have had much time with villain either going by the op so ...?

Comment

Another Sat Spot

$11+1 turbo rebuy sat with 18 $109 tickets up for grabs and hero is 11/22. Lobby was a bit messed up to see what the shorties had but 18th place had a 6k stack fwiw. 11.6k will be the avg with 18 left.

500/1k/100. 7 handed.

2 folds, MP shoves for 3.5k, CO calls off for 940, button folds...

Hero is SB with AK and 9,150 behind.

BB is a fish, sat wise anyway. He has 17.6k behind and doesn't know how to shut up shop.

Hero?

Comment

$11+1 turbo rebuy sat with 18 $109 tickets up for grabs and hero is 11/22. Lobby was a bit messed up to see what the shorties had but 18th place had a 6k stack fwiw. 11.6k will be the avg with 18 left.

500/1k/100. 7 handed.

BB is a fish, sat wise anyway. He has 17.6k behind and doesn't know how to shut up shop.

Hero?
                                                          Think I might shove as we are fairly short stacked, CO dosn't really matter in this hand as he is so short stacked, MP has a super wide range here IMO and is definetly pushing anything that looks any way pretty. As for BB nothing you can do If he calls but his calling range here should be KK+ and TBH if I was him with a seat locked up I don't think i would even bother calling 60%~ of my stack off with KK.
                                                          Its an awkward one TBH as your stack size is just that bit too small to make this shove comfortably.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

500/1k/100. 7 handed.

Hero?
                                                            snap agus shove
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                              Actually this is a really good situation to be in

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                Think I might shove as we are fairly short stacked, CO dosn't really matter in this hand as he is so short stacked, MP has a super wide range here IMO and is definetly pushing anything that looks any way pretty. As for BB nothing you can do If he calls but his calling range here should be KK+ and TBH if I was him with a seat locked up I don't think i would even bother calling 60%~ of my stack off with KK.
                                                                Its an awkward one TBH as your stack size is just that bit too small to make this shove comfortably.
                                                                Fwiw, villain should fold AA to a shove from me(not that he would, he had a 27k stack about one round ago and spewed). I don't think MP's range is ridic wide given who the BB is but obv AK enough ahead of his range for us to get it in.

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                snap agus shove
                                                                Definitely not a snap imo and I'm not so sure about reshoving either.

Would there be any merit to flatting, hope BB flats too and we check it down? Best case scenario we ship the loots, lock a ticket with only 2 more players to be KO'd.

I think it's pretty close. Ticket close to a lock(maybe even a lock?), our stack can get plenty of shoves through if needed if we muck. BB could call if we fold and KO both, if he folds and both stacks go HU they'll still be on life support however the result pans out.

Either way, getting it in and losing to MP puts us in a bad spot especially with villain to our left being a fish, I wouldn't be mad about shoving ATC with a v short stack with him still to act, where as our current stack can get him off a lot more hands.

Comment

IPO Sat with 4 left - 3 tickets worth €230 and €10 for 4th

Think the stacks were roughly as below and blinds 600/1200 with ante. All players seemed relatively tight. Dealt AK suited utg, is the best play here to shove/raise call/raise fold? It seems like a silly question when I type it out but however

sb - 16k
                                                                  bb - 26k
                                                                  utg - 18k (me)
                                                                  utg+1 - 33k

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                    IPO Sat with 4 left - 3 tickets worth €230 and €10 for 4th

Think the stacks were roughly as below and blinds 600/1200 with ante. All players seemed relatively tight. Dealt AK suited utg, is the best play here to shove/raise call/raise fold? It seems like a silly question when I type it out but however

sb - 16k
                                                                    bb - 26k
                                                                    utg - 18k (me)
                                                                    utg+1 - 33k
                                                                    Not sure of the question you are asking. If you're asking is the most profitable play for you in the long run to take the €10, then the answer is yes.

If its the other one - I shove.

Comment

Think I might start playing online a bit again, probably only low stakes until I stop feeling like a dinosaur. What's my best bet, pokerstars.fr or somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Think I might start playing online a bit again, probably only low stakes until I stop feeling like a dinosaur. What's my best bet, pokerstars.fr or somewhere else?
                                                                        Prepare for a shock imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                          Actually this is a really good situation to be in
                                                                          i agree

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            Reckon Full-Tilt should be very juicy when it reopens.

Comment

Hand from earlier thats bugging me.

12 left.

Bigger pay jumps start from 10 down, currently 50x buyin up to 1000x buyin.

I have just doubled through button who now ships next hand when folded to him.
                                                                              As i prepare to snap him off, SB ships. SB has been playing pretty ABC but has min-raised my BB last two orbits & folded to a shove.

No payjump for this exit place. Is this always a fold with the BB just gone through me?

Poker Stars $5.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30000/t60000 Blinds + t6000 -

6 players -

CO: t1531799 M = 12.16
                                                                              BTN: t417284 M = 3.31
                                                                              SB: t678152 M = 5.38
                                                                              Hero (BB): t500992 M = 3.98
                                                                              UTG: t799140 M = 6.34
                                                                              MP: t1365194 M = 10.83

Pre Flop: (t126000) Hero is BB with Q A
                                                                              3 folds, BTN raises to t411284 all in, SB raises to t672152 all in, Hero ?

Comment

Can't imagine ever folding when things are this shallow tbh.

Comment

Don't think it's ever a fold playing so shallow. Also we're not laddering by folding so get them in and give yourself a real shot at doing a win.
                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                    Can't imagine ever folding when things are this shallow tbh.
                                                                                    Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                    Don't think it's ever a fold playing so shallow. Also we're not laddering by folding so get them in and give yourself a real shot at doing a win.
                                                                                    Yeah, just checking. I called. Tilty had K8o & SB had 88 which held.

Comment

Live 120 game, blinds 200/400/50 small blind has left table for this hand

Button playing 40k, me playing 11k.

Folded around to the button playing and he makes it 1500. Player opens pretty wide most of the time and I know from experience will call it off pretty light as well. I have Pocket 5s in the bb. Should I be shipping here all the time?

Comment

Ship almost 30bb when he nearly 4x? I fold.

Comment

Funny hand. I'm interested to know what range people call here with, I had literally no idea what he had.

I have 8Tspades and raise on the button. Fishy guy calls from sb. Only played a few hands with him and he didn't seem great.

Flop is 9 J 5 with two hearts. He check calls a bet.

Turn offsuit 7, I have the nuts, he check calls a bet.

River blank, he open overbet shoves for about 100bbs. I quickly check I have the nuts and call.

Comment

MBN HJ.

As for the worst hand I'd call with, I would have real trouble folding top two there.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

He had AT of hearts, I felt a bit stupid as I put him on a pretty strong range

Comment

He had AT of hearts, I felt a bit stupid as I put him on a pretty strong range
                                                                                                Oh that happens to me all the time playing live. I folded 56 on a K66 board the other day facing a donk bet, call, raise and a call. I was utterly certain someone else had a 6 and if they did then they had a better kicker than me. Turns out the donker had K8 and the raiser had JJ and was raising "to find out where he was".

Previously I had taken to adding a huge chunk of bullshit to everyone's range, but I was repeatedly running into the very top of everyone's range doing that... I just accept that every once in a while someone is going to utterly surprise you with some stupidity/weirdness that you simply could never have accounted for.
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Funny hand. I'm interested to know what range people call here with, I had literally no idea what he had.

I have 8Tspades and raise on the button. Fishy guy calls from sb. Only played a few hands with him and he didn't seem great.

Flop is 9 J 5 with two hearts. He check calls a bet.

Turn offsuit 7, I have the nuts, he check calls a bet.

River blank, he open overbet shoves for about 100bbs. I quickly check I have the nuts and call.
                                                                                                  Well I'm always calling with the nuts

This kind of play [by villian] is something that happens a lot at lower online stakes, usually, imo, a considered bluff by a player who thinks you'll credit him with the nuts or by a.n.other type of player who can see no other way to win the hand.

Thinking player, for eg might assume that 8,10s is unlikely to be in your raising range, even on the button, whereas it is more likely to be in his calling range in the sb.

Alt., depending on your bet sizing, he might figure you've missed completely or aren't overly confident or whatever, which gives him the notion that you won't be able to call.

In the absence of a note as to what kind of hands a player makes this kind of overshove with, I'm inclined to go with D.Brunsons comment that the average hand is won by 2 pair or better - and if i have better I'll call, orse just note the move for future play against him.

Comment

<3 Rush poker

</3 4 buyins below EV in 800 hands today

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                      <3 Rush poker

</3 4 buyins below EV in 800 hands today
                                                                                                      Have you considered this ?? -

Originally Posted by repulse A lot of people ITT apparently completely risk-neutral. If nothing else, don't any of you pay progressive tax rates? Or ge

I've just started using it, first experiences [10k hands or so] are good, including one successful cash out.

Comment

Nah bad beats don't really tilt me. Bad play, however... If they could insure me against getting donked I'd be ok with paying a little vig.

Comment

I think insurance against getting donked is part of the overall idea, unless we have different understandings of being donked.

Comment

Why give up EV like that?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                              Why give up EV like that?
                                                                                                              Probably not for everyone, but for me loss of buy-ins or a significant downswing affects how much I can play and how well I play.

Just for e.g. played zoom on friday, in one hour I was all in 6 times, 5 times ahead with higher pair which got sucked out on and 1 time behind which lost. Instead of having 'lost' the buy ins completely, most of it minus the insurance cost was recouped through the insurance.

I've also used it for tournaments, twice [you pay say 20% of the cost of the tournament to get your buy in back for 20% extra places] - both times, by coincidence, I got knocked out in the bubble period that I had covered through the insurance - so instead of losing two buy-ins I was only down 20% of that.

I've just started using it, as I said above, and still not sure whether it's a good idea or not, but first impressions [over 11k hands and 2 20dollar tournaments] is good.

Maybe for some people [like me], the whole concept of EV and making the right decision for the long term is fine if you can actually get to see the 'long term' - i'm happy to take less profit now to keep me in the game for longer.

But I'm happy to hear/consider how wrong my thinking might be ....

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                                Probably not for everyone, but for me loss of buy-ins or a significant downswing affects how much I can play and how well I play.

Just for e.g. played zoom on friday, in one hour I was all in 6 times, 5 times ahead with higher pair which got sucked out on and 1 time behind which lost. Instead of having 'lost' the buy ins completely, most of it minus the insurance cost was recouped through the insurance.

I've also used it for tournaments, twice [you pay say 20% of the cost of the tournament to get your buy in back for 20% extra places] - both times, by coincidence, I got knocked out in the bubble period that I had covered through the insurance - so instead of losing two buy-ins I was only down 20% of that.

I've just started using it, as I said above, and still not sure whether it's a good idea or not, but first impressions [over 11k hands and 2 20dollar tournaments] is good.

Maybe for some people [like me], the whole concept of EV and making the right decision for the long term is fine if you can actually get to see the 'long term' - i'm happy to take less profit now to keep me in the game for longer.

But I'm happy to hear/consider how wrong my thinking might be ....
                                                                                                                Perfectly fine IMO. Any profitable business can go to the wall if it does not have adequate capital/cash flow to survive.

Comment

Just further to the above, may be of interest -

Total Hands 17,623
                                                                                                                  Poker Stars Win - 739.9 big blinds
                                                                                                                  Win Rate on Poker Client - 4.19 bb/100 hands

Plus

Net Profit from INsurance 634.1 big blinds [3.598 bb/100 hands]
                                                                                                                  (of those 17k hands only, i.e. excluding the return from the tournaments]

Total [Insurance + Poker Client]
                                                                                                                  Hands 17,623
                                                                                                                  Profit 1,339.9 big blinds
                                                                                                                  7.60 big blinds per 100 hands

Obviously 17k is a good but not great sample, but if there is interest I'll continue to post until say 100k hands which might give a greater idea.

[P.S. Just want to clarify, i have no involvement with the company, in fact I don't know anything about them really other than they're around since last January, I've made one withdrawal so far sucessfully.]

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                                    I think insurance against getting donked is part of the overall idea, unless we have different understandings of being donked.
                                                                                                                    By donked I mean getting done by really bad play, ala:

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (Full Tilt)
                                                                                                                    $50.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, November 10, 06:12:37 ET 2012
                                                                                                                    Table Supercharger (6 max) (Real Money)
                                                                                                                    Seat 3 is the button
                                                                                                                    Seat 1: Player1 ( $99.10 USD ) - VPIP: 15, PFR: 13, 3B: 6, AF: 0.0, Hands: 39
                                                                                                                    Seat 2: Player2 ( $27.05 USD ) - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 6
                                                                                                                    Seat 3: Hero ( $58.05 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 2.2, Hands: 183931
                                                                                                                    Seat 4: Player4 ( $56.15 USD ) - VPIP: 14, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 14
                                                                                                                    Seat 5: Player5 ( $39.80 USD ) - VPIP: 42, PFR: 22, 3B: 0, AF: 1.6, Hands: 36
                                                                                                                    Seat 6: Player6 ( $52.05 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 5.0, Hands: 57
                                                                                                                    Player4 posts small blind [$0.25 USD].
                                                                                                                    Player5 posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
                                                                                                                    ** Dealing down cards **
                                                                                                                    Dealt to Hero [ 3c 3h ]
                                                                                                                    Player6 folds
                                                                                                                    Player1 folds
                                                                                                                    Player2 folds
                                                                                                                    Hero raises [$1.25 USD]
                                                                                                                    Player4 folds
                                                                                                                    Player5 calls [$0.75 USD]
                                                                                                                    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ac, 2h, 7s ]
                                                                                                                    Player5 checks
                                                                                                                    Hero bets [$1.50 USD]
                                                                                                                    Player5 calls [$1.50 USD]
                                                                                                                    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
                                                                                                                    Player5 checks
                                                                                                                    Hero bets [$4.00 USD]
                                                                                                                    Player5 raises [$12.80 USD]
                                                                                                                    Hero raises [$51.30 USD]
                                                                                                                    Player5 calls [$24.25 USD]
                                                                                                                    Hero shows [3c, 3h ]
                                                                                                                    Player5 shows [4h, 5h ]
                                                                                                                    Hero wins $18.25 USD
                                                                                                                    ** Dealing River ** [ 4c ]
                                                                                                                    Player5 wins $76.85 USD from main pot

There's no insurance agains this kind of tomfoolery.

Comment

While I'm here, anyone find a fold on this river?

$50.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, November 11, 07:49:28 ET 2012
                                                                                                                      Seat 6 is the button
                                                                                                                      Seat 1: Player1 ( $85.75 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 22, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 9
                                                                                                                      Seat 2: Player2 ( $67.65 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 3.1, Hands: 342
                                                                                                                      Seat 3: Player3 ( $53.05 USD ) - VPIP: 13, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 23
                                                                                                                      Seat 4: Player4 ( $58.85 USD ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 14, 3B: 5, AF: 7.0, Hands: 63
                                                                                                                      Seat 5: Hero ( $71.75 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 2.2, Hands: 183931
                                                                                                                      Seat 6: Player6 ( $122.20 USD ) - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 2.8, Hands: 1405

Player1 posts small blind [$0.25 USD].
                                                                                                                      Player2 posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
                                                                                                                      ** Dealing down cards **
                                                                                                                      Dealt to Hero [ Js Jh ]
                                                                                                                      Player3 folds
                                                                                                                      Player4 folds
                                                                                                                      Hero raises [$1.50 USD]
                                                                                                                      Player6 calls [$1.50 USD]
                                                                                                                      Player1 folds
                                                                                                                      Player2 folds
                                                                                                                      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 4c, 7d, 3s ]
                                                                                                                      Hero bets [$2.20 USD]
                                                                                                                      Player6 calls [$2.20 USD]
                                                                                                                      ** Dealing Turn ** [ Ts ]
                                                                                                                      Hero bets [$5.00 USD]
                                                                                                                      Player6 calls [$5.00 USD]
                                                                                                                      ** Dealing River ** [ As ]
                                                                                                                      Hero checks
                                                                                                                      Player6 bets [$12.70 USD]
                                                                                                                      ???

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                        While I'm here, anyone find a fold on this river?

$50.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, November 11, 07:49:28 ET 2012
                                                                                                                        Seat 6 is the button
                                                                                                                        Seat 1: Player1 ( $85.75 USD ) - VPIP: 22, PFR: 22, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 9
                                                                                                                        Seat 2: Player2 ( $67.65 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 3.1, Hands: 342
                                                                                                                        Seat 3: Player3 ( $53.05 USD ) - VPIP: 13, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 23
                                                                                                                        Seat 4: Player4 ( $58.85 USD ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 14, 3B: 5, AF: 7.0, Hands: 63
                                                                                                                        Seat 5: Hero ( $71.75 USD ) - VPIP: 23, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 2.2, Hands: 183931
                                                                                                                        Seat 6: Player6 ( $122.20 USD ) - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 2.8, Hands: 1405

Player1 posts small blind [$0.25 USD].
                                                                                                                        Player2 posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
                                                                                                                        ** Dealing down cards **
                                                                                                                        Dealt to Hero [ Js Jh ]
                                                                                                                        Player3 folds
                                                                                                                        Player4 folds
                                                                                                                        Hero raises [$1.50 USD]
                                                                                                                        Player6 calls [$1.50 USD]
                                                                                                                        Player1 folds
                                                                                                                        Player2 folds
                                                                                                                        ** Dealing Flop ** [ 4c, 7d, 3s ]
                                                                                                                        Hero bets [$2.20 USD]
                                                                                                                        Player6 calls [$2.20 USD]
                                                                                                                        ** Dealing Turn ** [ Ts ]
                                                                                                                        Hero bets [$5.00 USD]
                                                                                                                        Player6 calls [$5.00 USD]
                                                                                                                        ** Dealing River ** [ As ]
                                                                                                                        Hero checks
                                                                                                                        Player6 bets [$12.70 USD]
                                                                                                                        ???
                                                                                                                        Your check on the river might have enticed him to bet - i.e. you raise pre, cb, bet the turn then suddenly check. He may have an Ace or is happy to represent it.

He hasn't shown any aggression during the hand, for some reason I would have suspected he had something like pocket 5s or 6s and was hoping to set or str8 to get more in, or just holding on against your a,k/a,q.

18d in the pot before his bet, you've shown weakness to him [imo] by checking the river, and mostly for that reason I think I'm calling 12 to win [30].

If he has the Ace it may tell you something more important about him - i.e. unless the Ace gave him 2 pair then he has a significant calling tendancy which you can exploit - and the 12d now will find its way back to you soon enough.

Comment

Bit of a weirdish hand (well I thought so anyway) that came up in early levels of CPT game over weekend.

Blinds 50/100

Villain 1 has been playing very loose and is limp calling a lot, a bit odd as I know he is a decent player but seems to be taking his second shot at the game (Day 1b) as a bit of a freebie. Villain 2 has appeared pretty solid so far and has had no hands go to showdown. Hero prob appears as a LAG at this stage and have added 30% to my stack in 1st level.

Villain 1 (MP) playing c. 8k
                                                                                                                          Hero (cut off) playing c. 19k
                                                                                                                          Villain 2 (button) playing c. 16k

Villain 1 raises to 225, I make it 575 with QQ and Villain 2 seems to go into the tank a bit and then makes it 1300. Villain 1 flats and back to me. Villain 1 can have a lot of hands here I think but I was sure that Villain 2 had a legit hand, prob JJ+ Ak/Aq. Flatting the best option? If I raise I'm nearly turning QQ into a bluff I think....

In the event I flat call and the flop comes J high with 2 low cards, checked to me. Should I be leading at flop? Check folding/calling/raising???

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X