Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $50.00 BB (2 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($6979)
    Hero (SB) ($6146)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, 3
    Hero bets $75, BB calls $50

Flop: ($200) 4, 3, K (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($200) 2 (2 players)
    BB bets $150, Hero calls $150

River: ($500) Q (2 players)
    BB bets $400, Hero raises $1450, BB raises $3350, Hero?

Hand that has been annoying me, 2 tabling heads up match about 200 hands in. He seems good, aggressive etc. Anyone any thoughts on river.
    "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

I think it's very difficult for people to give useful advice on HU hands without having seen the whole match. Gameflow is just so important in spots like this.
      He can have 22,33,44,56,A5 for value and maybe KQ if he doesn't 3b it 100% of the time. I think the raise is a little bit thin in terms of 1 pair hands calling but it's a read dependent spot. I think your sizing is a bit too big and would make it something like $1075. Your check on the flop doesn't really cap you that much so I think it would be risky for him to think he can get you to fold a good hand so I don't think it's a bluff too often and you lose to all value hands so I think its a fold.

Comment

I like the sizing, I really don't like a smaller raise. 1075 is effectively a min raise, which doesn't work well as a bluff or for value. I think you should fold for the reasons zuutroy said, although its pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          No no no a thousand times no.
          If you are there for a bit of craic and splonking a few quid playing cards as a preference to roulette than that's fine but if you are there to make money then its always a fold.
          75bbs deep its almost certainly a losing call. You don't make enough money the odd time you make a flush/straight to make it worthwhile.

Your equity with hands like axs is absolutely tiny, so the fact that you don't have the initiative and are relatively short turns what is a marginally winning play into a marginally losing one. Also your post flop play suggests it's going to increase your variance hugely.

Comment

Blinds 2000/4000 Hero has 50,000 on button. Folded around to C/O who makes it 8.9k. Whats our shove/call/fold ranges
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
              Anyone any thoughts on river.
              River raise is fine, BB could be valuebetting as light as A4 there. Sizing looks good.

I'd fold to the 3bet. 42/32 would be better hands to bluffcatch here if we were concerned with being exploited, so we effectively have the worst hand in our value raising range (assume you cbet q2 usually). Also I expect you can ck KK/QQ on that flop - not a lot to get value from with the 3 and 2 missing a lot of his preflop range, so I'd obv be calling river with those.

His sizing kinda looks like value as well but maybe i'm being levelled. I'd fold anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                No no no a thousand times no.
                If you are there for a bit of craic and splonking a few quid playing cards as a preference to roulette than that's fine but if you are there to make money then its always a fold.
                On general thoughts along these lines, there's only a small player pool here in Sheffield so everyone knows me and thinks I'm a rock. I was having terrible trouble getting paid on my big hands for a long time, so I've been deliberately playing in these kind of spots, simply to improve my image. It's worked.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone here play on Lockpoker? They have a very generous deposit bonus and Im thinking of switching over.

Comment

Its US facing. Risks are there.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                      Anyone here play on Lockpoker? They have a very generous deposit bonus and Im thinking of switching over.
                      There's 1 or 2 staking companies about to make Lockpoker available to their players so there's going to be a big influx of players and it's going to make the network a lot tougher imo

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        There's 1 or 2 staking companies about to make Lockpoker available to their players so there's going to be a big influx of players and it's going to make the network a lot tougher imo
                        Question while on topic. With the staking companies are you given a set roll per day/week or whatever and your own choice of games or are you given a schedule and the roll to cover it? Also whats standard payout then? Just two things ive always wondered
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                          Its US facing. Risks are there.
                          Mmmm. I didn't really think of that.

Comment

Would that not be mainly MTTs though?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              Question while on topic. With the staking companies are you given a set roll per day/week or whatever and your own choice of games or are you given a schedule and the roll to cover it? Also whats standard payout then? Just two things ive always wondered
                              Can't speak for them all, but they all run pretty much the same. You're given a set amount each day to play, and you're given a list of recommended games to play. e.g if you're on a $300 a day roll, you can play all games up to a $30 buyin, and satellite into games up to a $100 entry unless you come through smaller sats. If on $500 a day, you're given a broader list of games to play and can satellite into any games. If you're on a $2k a day roll, you can pretty much buy directly into any game you want, although preferably satelliting into any of the bigger ones.

You work on a monthly profit and loss system. You withdraw to your accounts each day, and you ship back at the end of the day. Rinse and repeat for the month.

Say i'm on $1k a day, and i withdraw my $1k and i lose $800, then i ship back $200 at the end of the session. If i do the same for the next 2 days, then i'm already $2400 in the hole for the month, so i need to bink $2400 just to get even before i can worry about earning a profit.

If goes on for the month, and if you're in profit for the end of the month, then you get paid 50/50 on any profit if you're starting off, but some of the top players are on 70/30. Not unheard of for players to go 4/5 months without getting paid due to being in makeup. If you drop 10 x daily roll, you get shown the door.

Would that not be mainly MTTs though?
                              Yeah the majority is MTTs. If i had to guess, it'd be 60% MTT, 15% SnG and 25% Omaha/NLH cash. That's only their primary games and players can play outside of their number 1 discipline if they are good enough and given the go ahead

Comment

Mmmm. I didn't really think of that.
                                What you could do is:

Join MuchosPoker. http://www.poker-download.co/muchos-poker-download.php They have a one stop shop for 8 poker rooms, and a shared cashier. Think there will be 9 poker networks soon. So access to 9 poker networks and one balance which transfers instantly.

They are owned by Rakeback Engine (provide rakeback software to all rakeback sites) so you are pretty dam secure. I'm not saying your US funds are more secure but I would imagine they are.

Comment

Why did you decide to start getting staked Tony? I know MTTs are a high variance game but saying that you wouldnt need a very big roll to play with a abi of say $10 and If you pick the right sites and games id imagine you would do very well on your own dollar. I see alot of MTT players do get staked though. Do you think the coaching aspect has improved your game?

Comment

Why did you decide to start getting staked Tony? I know MTTs are a high variance game but saying that you wouldnt need a very big roll to play with a abi of say $10 and If you pick the right sites and games id imagine you would do very well on your own dollar. I see alot of MTT players do get staked though. Do you think the coaching aspect has improved your game?
                                    I suppose it has to be coaching because if you have a big downswing your out the door anyway
                                    airport, lol

Comment

$10 games aren't really going to pay the bills. You can do quite well from them, but if you want to have a crack at the big time, you need a helluva lot more than i have, or would be willing to put in. I've had a couple $1k swings which i probably wouldn't have came back from. It's risk free, and i haven't made enough from them to even consider going alone yet. With the wedding coming up, i'm risking nothing while having a go at ~$500 worth of games.

It's only when you get involved, that you see the amount of top players that are being staked. I can't say that coaching i've got has helped me too much because the mentor i'm under has a completely different style to me and i just can't switch to his game. There's 5/6 in the group that are nits like him, and 3/4 that are a little more aggro like me. There's ample opportunity tho to work with other players. I've watched a couple of guys do a HEM replay of $100k and $200k FTs and binks, and have watched TeamViewer sessions of guys going deep in lots of games. It's also good to bounce around ideas on Skype while playing and there's always 4/5 guys watching if you go deep in games that you can run ideas/hands/decisions past so i guess in that respect, coaching helps

Comment

Any training series recommendations for MTTs Tony? Just something general.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          Any training series recommendations for MTTs Tony? Just something general.
                                          I haven't watched a whole host of them tbh, but the 2 most memorable ones are

Category: The 100k MTT System by Matt 'mlagoo' LeGarde

Lesson 1 Advanced Tournament Tips Part I
                                          Lesson 1 Advanced Tournament Tips Part II
                                          Lesson 3 Optimal Resteal Ranges
                                          Lesson 4 Trigger Happy
                                          Lesson 5 Bluffing Ninjas
                                          Lesson 6 Deep Stacks Warfare
                                          Lesson 7 A Date with the Sage
                                          Bonus Video The Final Table

Some of these videos are really deep and a lot to take in, and some of the strategies he talks about would go against a lot of the principles i know but i found it really interesting. You'd pretty much have to switch off everything and give these your full attention to grasp whats going on!

daaaaaaang16

1 - Basic Principals
                                          2 - Early Game play
                                          3 - Early Game Draws Odds
                                          4 - Middle Game Aggression
                                          5 - EV Considerations
                                          6 - Bubble Play
                                          7 - In The Money Play
                                          8 - FT hand review
                                          9 - FT hand review
                                          10 - FT hand review

Don't have a link for this but it's available through DeucesCracked. Been a while since i watched it, but i remember picking up snippets as it went along. I watched both of these series through the staking site tho so not sure how easily accessible they might be. Sometimes i think it would be a lot easier to completely erase how you play and then start again from scratch with better fundamentals

I'm trying to think of the name of the guy that i really enjoyed watching 3/4 years ago until he stopped. It will come to me

Comment

I'm trying to think of the name of the guy that i really enjoyed watching 3/4 years ago until he stopped. It will come to me
                                            Andy Ward is who i was after. I watched all his vids when i had a Dragthebar subscription and he was brilliant. A lot of his vids were recorded live and he replayed them with commentary which is my favourite way to watch an MTT, and the others were HEM/replayer vids

The vids are probably still on this site so you could see if there's anything for free there. Seems like it wasn't 3/4 years ago but a little sooner!

Comment

I recommended Andy Ward to pokerswat (drag the bar bought them out). He used to have a really good blog, I must look it up again.

Anyway, playing a mtt and the payouts are

6th 0
                                              5th 100
                                              4th 120
                                              3rd 170
                                              2nd 290
                                              1st 470

Best strategy is to get into the money playing tight and then go crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                I recommended Andy Ward to pokerswat (drag the bar bought them out). He used to have a really good blog, I must look it up again.

Anyway, playing a mtt and the payouts are

6th 0
                                                5th 100
                                                4th 120
                                                3rd 170
                                                2nd 290
                                                1st 470

Best strategy is to get into the money playing tight and then go crazy?
                                                Is this near bubble, i.e a payout relevant question? depends on a lot more info tbh; BI, stacks and depths relative to blinds & structure/speed, proximity to bubble, gameflow, etc.
                                                "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                                  Is this near bubble, i.e a payout relevant question? depends on a lot more info tbh; BI, stacks and depths relative to blinds & structure/speed, proximity to bubble, gameflow, etc.
                                                  Yeah, 6th is the bubble. I thought it looked like a pretty unusual prize structure.

Comment

Iv'e never watched an MTT vid before,so am unsure which site will have the best content.Deuces Cracked or Tournament Poker Edge?

Comment

Would you consider this a good spot to bluff raise? Villian is unknown. 40/33 over 40 hands. Has 3b the bb twice already once vs me where I folded and once vs co open who also folded. No reads or notes.

PokerStars - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
                                                      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $106.07
                                                      Hero (BTN): $203.89
                                                      SB: $136.31
                                                      BB: $100.00

SB posts SB $0.50, BB posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has 7:club: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.50, 2 players) J:spade: 2:diamond: 5:diamond:
                                                      BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, BB calls $3.00

Turn: ($11.50, 2 players) T:heart:
                                                      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($11.50, 2 players) K:diamond:
                                                      BB bets $6.00, Hero?

Comment

Another one. Again Villian is pretty much an unknown. Assuming hes a reg. playing 28/22 over 100 hands.

PokerStars - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $107.21
                                                        SB: $100.50
                                                        Hero (BB): $110.24
                                                        UTG: $100.00
                                                        MP: $104.30
                                                        CO: $133.56

SB posts SB $0.50, Hero posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has K:heart: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.00

Flop: ($6.00, 2 players) 5:diamond: J:heart: Q:heart:
                                                        SB bets $5.00, Hero raises to $14.00, SB calls $9.00

Turn: ($34.00, 2 players) 7:diamond:
                                                        SB checks, Hero bets $19.00, SB calls $19.00

River: ($72.00, 2 players) 9:club:
                                                        SB checks, Hero checks

The plan was to shove all hearts and tens. Im reviewing a session and Im thinking is this river a shove anyway?

Comment

Playing in a live poker game last night, 4 left and they've just took £50 off top to pay 4th, so payouts now £400, £250, £110 and £50. blinds are 3k/6k no antes. UTG folds, short stack shoves the button for $28k, sb calls and has me covered with approx $80k, I have 32k plus BB. I look down and see A10 off. UTG has massive chip lead 200K aprox.

reads - button has blinded down a 80k stack at FT only playing 1 hand of any signif, quite vocal that he folded QJ pre last hand when a QJx flop came when he would have trebled up, sb has been up and down playing many pots, getting it in with draws and showing, BUT he did flat the sb with AA at my 1st table.

Opinions on options

Comment

@Shano:
                                                            I'd probably bet the turn for starters. Not sure about river raise. Can he give you credit for not 2 barreling all of your flush draws for starters? Also he's probably only betting the river with the likes of TJ, KJ and flushes and if he doesn't think you'd check back a flush draw on the turn then he could snap you off with the 2 pairs. QJ and stuff with decent showdown value checks back and he can be turning 66-99 into a bluff after your check back on the turn which is a often a sign that you have sd value.
                                                            I think the only thing a raise achieves is getting him to fold his bluffs, but a lot of them beat you. Making it like $19 means he has to fold a bit over half the time which I think is a stretch, so I might just give up. Turn should be a bet though.

In hand 2 you're only repping QJ and 55 and it seems like he has KK, AA, AQ. Given all the draws bricked off I think you have to wave the white flag.
                                                            Last edited by Guest; 09-08-12, 13:15.

Comment

Last one I promise! Villian is 22/17 over 250 hands., fold to 3b is 40% and seems like hes not getting out of line too much. Again no real notes or reads. Do you Vbet this river and If so, how much?

CO: $101.50
                                                              BTN: $201.20
                                                              Hero (SB): $190.32
                                                              BB: $40.27
                                                              UTG: $142.09
                                                              MP: $116.24

Hero posts SB $0.50, BB posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has K:club: A:heart:

UTG raises to $3.00, fold, CO calls $3.00, fold, Hero raises to $12.00, fold, UTG calls $9.00, CO calls $9.00

Flop: ($37.00, 3 players) 7:club: 2:spade: J:spade:
                                                              Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($37.00, 3 players) K:spade:
                                                              Hero bets $20.00, UTG calls $20.00, fold

River: ($77.00, 2 players) J:heart:
                                                              Hero?

Comment

Probably check fold that one like a bitch. Your hand is face up unfortunately. Seems like a chop, KQs or an unlikely flush. Don't think he's turning anything into a bluff OTR so I'd be happy enough folding. Would like to know about CO tendencies. I'd often tend to flat AK there vs a UTG open and play a small pot.

Comment

Probably check fold that one like a bitch. Your hand is face up unfortunately. Seems like a chop, KQs or an unlikely flush. Don't think he's turning anything into a bluff OTR so I'd be happy enough folding. Would like to know about CO tendencies. I'd often tend to flat AK there vs a UTG open and play a small pot.
                                                                  co seems to be fishy. 40/22 over 40 hands. Again, I havent played too much 100nl on stars lately so no real reads. I was actually considering c/c the turn given how faceup my hand is when I bet but co isnt good so I though I could get 2 streets vs him with his Kx hands and some wierdly played Jx.

Comment

You're mad to play on Stars imo.

Comment

@Shano:
                                                                      I'd probably bet the turn for starters. Not sure about river raise. Can he give you credit for not 2 barreling all of your flush draws for starters? Also he's probably only betting the river with the likes of TJ, KJ and flushes and if he doesn't think you'd check back a flush draw on the turn then he could snap you off with the 2 pairs. QJ and stuff with decent showdown value checks back and he can be turning 66-99 into a bluff after your check back on the turn which is a often a sign that you have sd value.
                                                                      I think the only thing a raise achieves is getting him to fold his bluffs, but a lot of them beat you. Making it like $19 means he has to fold a bit over half the time which I think is a stretch, so I might just give up. Turn should be a bet though.

In hand 2 you're only repping QJ and 55 and it seems like he has KK, AA, AQ. Given all the draws bricked off I think you have to wave the white flag.
                                                                      Agree re hand 1, Turns a bet and rivers a fold.

Hand 2, I have K10 in my range aswell!

Comment

Oh yea missed KT. Makes it a bit closer...ship if you're up, check if you're down.

Comment

You're mad to play on Stars imo.
                                                                          I dont really have a main site atm. I cleared a bonus and player on Stars.fr for a good while but rake is too high really. Im just playing on stars until I find another place to bonuswhore! Any recommendations?

Comment

Winamax is where I always tell people to go. TBH it's a while since I played cash there so it may be a bit tougher now but in general the site has a ton of fish. 888 is also meant to be pretty soft.

Comment

Winamax is where I always tell people to go. TBH it's a while since I played cash there so it may be a bit tougher now but in general the site has a ton of fish. 888 is also meant to be pretty soft.
                                                                              Is Winamax french? Ive heard that all the French sites have really high rake compared to other sites. I was thinking 888 alright.

Comment

I play a bit of cash on 888, being said lower stakes than yourself but definitely soft up to 10NL and ive played a small sample of 25NL which seemed to be soft enough too
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Tiz French yea, and the rake is pretty much the same as other sites. 5 ptbb/100 at 50nl. Maybe a shade higher, but counteracted by the retards!

Comment

Tiz French yea, and the rake is pretty much the same as other sites. 5 ptbb/100 at 50nl. Maybe a shade higher, but counteracted by the retards!
                                                                                    Might give It a go. Do they have a deposit bonus?

Comment

Just a standard one. €500.

Comment

400 on 888. Be worth your time and software isnt the worst.
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                                                                                          Playing in a live poker game last night, 4 left and they've just took £50 off top to pay 4th, so payouts now £400, £250, £110 and £50. blinds are 3k/6k no antes. UTG folds, short stack shoves the button for $28k, sb calls and has me covered with approx $80k, I have 32k plus BB. I look down and see A10 off. UTG has massive chip lead 200K aprox.

reads - button has blinded down a 80k stack at FT only playing 1 hand of any signif, quite vocal that he folded QJ pre last hand when a QJx flop came when he would have trebled up, sb has been up and down playing many pots, getting it in with draws and showing, BUT he did flat the sb with AA at my 1st table.

Opinions on options
                                                                                          Muck and open shove any two in either of the next two hands, hopefully with an extra £60 locked up.

Edit: You may have missed a chance to shove any two UTG in the last hand.
                                                                                          Last edited by Caf; 09-08-12, 15:06.

Comment

Another one. Again Villian is pretty much an unknown. Assuming hes a reg. playing 28/22 over 100 hands.

BTN: $107.21
                                                                                            SB: $100.50
                                                                                            Hero (BB): $110.24
                                                                                            UTG: $100.00
                                                                                            MP: $104.30
                                                                                            CO: $133.56

SB posts SB $0.50, Hero posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has K:heart: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.00

Flop: ($6.00, 2 players) 5:diamond: J:heart: Q:heart:
                                                                                            SB bets $5.00, Hero raises to $14.00, SB calls $9.00

Turn: ($34.00, 2 players) 7:diamond:
                                                                                            SB checks, Hero bets $19.00, SB calls $19.00

River: ($72.00, 2 players) 9:club:
                                                                                            SB checks, Hero checks

The plan was to shove all hearts and tens. Im reviewing a session and Im thinking is this river a shove anyway?
                                                                                            You have zero equity on flop (your gutshot completes AK) and you are repping almost nothing, just fold

Comment

Would you consider this a good spot to bluff raise? Villian is unknown. 40/33 over 40 hands. Has 3b the bb twice already once vs me where I folded and once vs co open who also folded. No reads or notes.

PokerStars - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players

UTG: $106.07
                                                                                              Hero (BTN): $203.89
                                                                                              SB: $136.31
                                                                                              BB: $100.00

SB posts SB $0.50, BB posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has 7:club: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.50, 2 players) J:spade: 2:diamond: 5:diamond:
                                                                                              BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, BB calls $3.00

Turn: ($11.50, 2 players) T:heart:
                                                                                              BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($11.50, 2 players) K:diamond:
                                                                                              BB bets $6.00, Hero?
                                                                                              Not bad, I'd like a read on what a half pot bet on the river means for my opponent though. If it was unlikely to be a flush then it's a great play

Comment

You have zero equity on flop (your gutshot completes AK) and you are repping almost nothing, just fold
                                                                                                He has an overcard, a gutshot and a backdoor fd to the second nuts in a bvb pot where ranges are extremely wide. The guy is going to be b/f a ton there and facing Shano's raise oop is a tough proposition even with a hand like AQ. I think raising is totally fine if you're willing to follow up. Thinking your gutshot is rarely going to be good against a guy opening 22% of hands in a blind battle is crazy imo.

Comment

Last one I promise! Villian is 22/17 over 250 hands., fold to 3b is 40% and seems like hes not getting out of line too much. Again no real notes or reads. Do you Vbet this river and If so, how much?

CO: $101.50
                                                                                                  BTN: $201.20
                                                                                                  Hero (SB): $190.32
                                                                                                  BB: $40.27
                                                                                                  UTG: $142.09
                                                                                                  MP: $116.24

Hero posts SB $0.50, BB posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has K:club: A:heart:

UTG raises to $3.00, fold, CO calls $3.00, fold, Hero raises to $12.00, fold, UTG calls $9.00, CO calls $9.00

Flop: ($37.00, 3 players) 7:club: 2:spade: J:spade:
                                                                                                  Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($37.00, 3 players) K:spade:
                                                                                                  Hero bets $20.00, UTG calls $20.00, fold

River: ($77.00, 2 players) J:heart:
                                                                                                  Hero?
                                                                                                  Don't like the three bet pre with your stacks and position. Tough river, can't see much value in betting so I'd probably check/decide

Comment

He has an overcard, a gutshot and a backdoor fd to the second nuts in a bvb pot where ranges are extremely wide. The guy is going to be b/f a ton there and facing Shano's raise oop is a tough proposition even with a hand like AQ. I think raising is totally fine if you're willing to follow up. Thinking your gutshot is rarely going to be good against a guy opening 22% of hands in a blind battle is crazy imo.
                                                                                                    It might be good but your only real draw it so a non nut hand which puts a really obvious scare card on the board. An important variable for a draw is it's visibility, and its pretty much always bad to draw to a hand that completes AK - everyone always puts everyone on AK. Backdoor draws are fine but it's only a tiny advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post

Opinions on options
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                      Muck and open shove any two in either of the next two hands, hopefully with an extra £60 locked up.

Edit: You may have missed a chance to shove any two UTG in the last hand.
                                                                                                      Had 29 off utg in previous hand and it was clear the button was going to bet and they got it in with AA v AK.

I did lay it down purely to try and lock up the £110 instead of 50, I figured I could be beating the sb calling range but he could have me crushed here a lot also, but was pretty confident he was in front of the button shove.

the button had K2ss v A4hh, the button rivered a sick 2 for the double up and I shove K10off the next hand and the bb snapped me off with a suited A and that was all she wrote. I was interested to find out if it was the right fold as a few watching queried it and I know I shouldnt be results based on my thinking of hands.

Comment

Quick one. Don't have any history with villain. This is the 2nd time I've 3bet in about 10 mins.

Deep 50 1 table. Effective stack is 250

Villain makes it 3 from EP. 1 Caller.

I make it 8.50 from sb with black AA

Both call.

The flop is 5d 7c jd

I bet 20 villain makes it 55, I call.

Turn is 2h

Check, Check

River 9s

Check, bet 100.

I am actually villain, I would have 3bet bigger

Call or fold? (Or shove I suppose)

Comment

Call.

Comment

Quick one. Don't have any history with villain. This is the 2nd time I've 3bet in about 10 mins.

Deep 50 1 table. Effective stack is 250

Villain makes it 3 from EP. 1 Caller.

I make it 8.50 from sb with black AA

Both call.

The flop is 5d 7c jd

I bet 20 villain makes it 55, I call.

Turn is 2h

Check, Check

River 9s

Check, bet 100.

I am actually villain, I would have 3bet bigger

Fold. T8o got there and they always have it IME.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              Fold. T8o got there and they always have it IME.
                                                                                                              In online cash thats a very common check the turn then when hero checks river OOP villain thinks they must bluff the river. I'd call
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Very quick one, pretty deep in a 4 max but new table, easy fold on turn?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 40 Ante (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t19087)
                                                                                                                Hero (BB) (t17147)
                                                                                                                UTG (t4652)
                                                                                                                Button (t21631)

Hero's M: 28.11

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 10
                                                                                                                1 fold, Button calls t300, SB calls t150, Hero checks

Flop: (t1060) 3, J, 10 (3 players)
                                                                                                                SB bets t900, Hero calls t900, Button calls t900

Turn: (t3760) 9 (3 players)
                                                                                                                SB bets t2700, Hero ???

Comment

I think I'd call there and reevaluate on the river with position. Surely standard that SB continues with a Jack decent kicker there

Edit: didnt realised button was behind its probably a fold in that position. Glgl will rail when you go deep
                                                                                                                  Last edited by eamonhonda; 10-08-12, 22:34.
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

If someone is repping a very narrow range and we don't have any history I'm definitely calling there. It would be closer with red Aces

Comment

Calling with HJ's hand & folding the flop with Ste's.

Comment

I had 99, for a rivered set. Tough spot for him, I think its a fold against me, he seems to have an overpair and a lot of draws missed.

Ghostface, just fold the flop

Comment

pokerstars World Cup

this is a joke like.
                                                                                                                          Ireland is in a group with Norway and Russia. Its your countries top finisher you get points for, but how can we compete when Russia is more than 75% the field in the qualifiers?!
                                                                                                                          You have reached a page at PokerStars™ which no longer exists. Visit our homepage or the sitemap to find the page you're looking for.

like a comparision even of wcoop entrants by country shows how little players we have comapred to Norway 15k Russia 27k and Ireland 3.5k!numbers here: http://www.pokerstars.com/wcoop/stats/

how the fuck does any other country in the group have a chance when Russia have 10 times the players in the qualifiers!
                                                                                                                          If you check the lobby for completed tournie in "regional" and scroll down the results, its clear that Russia have over three quarters of the 1232 entrants (if not more, could be closer to 90% of the field)
                                                                                                                          Ballox of a promo/league. Most countries have no chance!
                                                                                                                          Last edited by badugi; 14-08-12, 16:04.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X