Clear All

Can someone confirm for me that this is as standard as I think it is please

PP Fitz EOM Sat, 4 left with 3 tics. I'm utg with AJ blinds are 750/1500

Stacks:

SB: 16k
    BB: 32k
    Me: 19k
    Button: 42k

Easy shove? and would it be correct to say shove > raise/call > raise/fold > fold?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
      Can someone confirm for me that this is as standard as I think it is please

PP Fitz EOM Sat, 4 left with 3 tics. I'm utg with AJ blinds are 750/1500

Stacks:

SB: 16k
      BB: 32k
      Me: 19k
      Button: 42k

Easy shove? and would it be correct to say shove > raise/call > raise/fold > fold?
      Yeah really standard, picking up blinds w SB shorter is of greater value than trying to induce someone to iso and playing for stacks, and r/f is really really bad, shove >> r/c >>>>> fold >>>>> r/f
      Last edited by Winning!; 28-06-12, 11:09.
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Whats the general concencus here...........

Live game.

75/150 level in the BB playing 7k (Ave 11k).

Holding 1010 with 5 limpers (no major reads as have just started 3rd level)

Hero?
        One of the limpers is definitely trapping with a bigger pair here and we're gonna lose a HUGE pot when it comes a low board. Laugh out loud then muck your BB face-up roaring "NICE TRY DICKHEAD!" with a look of smug satisfaction!
        Last edited by Winning!; 28-06-12, 11:13. Reason: or make it 775 to go -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
          Yeah really standard, picking up blinds w SB shorter is of greater value than trying to induce someone to iso and playing for stacks, and r/f is really really bad, shove >> r/c >>>>> fold >>>>> r/f
          Had fold, raise/fold wrong way round. Cheers. Was 95% certain the shove was correct just doubted myself after thinking about it an hour later.

@ Dice, I'd make it 700ish

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
            Had fold, raise/fold wrong way round. Cheers. Was 95% certain the shove was correct just doubted myself after thinking about it an hour later.

@ Dice, I'd make it 700ish
            Get it in already

Comment

Big $11, 40 left, avg stack 480k

blinds 14k, 28k, 3k ante (i think, at work so may or may not be 100% accurate but in or around),

Were in BB playing 450k, folded to active enough sb who shoves his 128k stack, we have J10s......Call or fold?

Comment

AK spot from Fitz EOM last night.

Just moved table (9handed), no reads.

400/800/50

Villain Utg+1 (20k) opens to 2k.
                First impression is standard enough ABC competant player.

Hero (18k) in MP2 has AKo?

Fold!/Flat/Raise (How much?) / All in ??????

Comment

I probably shove - it is a bit awkward though.

Comment

AK spot from Fitz EOM last night.

Just moved table (9handed), no reads.

400/800/50

Villain Utg+1 (20k) opens to 2k.
                    First impression is standard enough ABC competant player.

Hero (18k) in MP2 has AKo?

Fold!/Flat/Raise (How much?) / All in ??????
                    Seems a fairly standard shove w 22BBs. By r/c we get flatted a bunch and stacks are awkward when we miss, never flatting or folding this shallow either. How you do in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                      Seems a fairly standard shove w 22BBs. By r/c we get flatted a bunch and stacks are awkward when we miss, never flatting or folding this shallow either. How you do in the end?
                      He didnt look overly comfortable when I announced raise so in a split second I changed my shove to a 5.1k repop.

He reluctantly called & check called my shove on a 982r flop with top set.

Shudda gone with the shove. Getting it through a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                        Big $11, 40 left, avg stack 480k

blinds 14k, 28k, 3k ante (i think, at work so may or may not be 100% accurate but in or around),

Were in BB playing 450k, folded to active enough sb who shoves his 128k stack, we have J10s......Call or fold?
                        Fairly trivial call needing ~35% vs a range that could be as wide as ATC. Pairs, Jx+ and a ton of connectors or one-two gappers down as far as like 75/65 are probably +EV. stove it

Comment

Lads, looking for RB on Ipoker if available, can you drop me a PM please?

Comment

Just finished the best poker book I've ever read. It's called "How to win the World Series of Poker (or not)" by Pat Walsh. The book is a terrible description of how to play poker, and a wonderful insight into the mind of a fish. Read.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Its starting to get annoying now.

Comment

I've seen worse Shano, but I've seen better.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

€50 Satellite tournament to the euro shorthanded. 16 left with two tickets on offer. Villain has been pretty active on average and up to now is running at 23/21 over 97 hands and has an 11.2% 3-bet having already 3-bet once on the button in 6 chances. I'm not well up on tourney strategy, but I'd be thinking that given we have to get all the chips then taking high variance spots is necessary, so what do people think of shipping here given villain and card removal?

Holdem Manager 3 is a visual tool for analyzing your poker game and it provides a heads up display on the poker table to help identify information about your opponents.

NL Holdem $150(BB) Replayer Game#880973188071429103

NonoWDB ($6,913)
                                  Rafikkk ($9,538)
                                  sebishere ($5,320)
                                  argent svp ($6,103)
                                  prazzzit ($12,125)

NonoWDB antes $15
                                  Rafikkk antes $15
                                  sebishere antes $15
                                  argent svp antes $15
                                  prazzzit antes $15
                                  NonoWDB posts (SB) $75
                                  Rafikkk posts (BB) $150

Dealt to argent svp Qh Kc
                                  fold,
                                  argent svp raises to $375
                                  prazzzit raises to $1,125
                                  fold, fold,
                                  Last edited by Guest; 09-07-12, 20:16.

Comment

Fold.
                                    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

His 3x 3b-sizing is pretty strong so I doubt this is a resteal as often as it can be given awkward stack-size. Folding and getting owned a lot but can't do much to counter it, too deep to shove since we get destroyed by his 3b/c range and too shallow to 4b/f or flat vs his sizing.

Comment

I did a quick equity calculation and from what I worked out he needs to fold about 50% of the time for a ship to be breakeven...What's a fair calling range? TT+,AKs,AKo. If so then he needs to be 3b in that spot about 6-7% in that spot which I would say is close. If he calls with AQ then I think it tips it in the favour of folding.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          I did a quick equity calculation and from what I worked out he needs to fold about 50% of the time for a ship to be breakeven...What's a fair calling range? TT+,AKs,AKo. If so then he needs to be 3b in that spot about 6-7% in that spot which I would say is close. If he calls with AQ then I think it tips it in the favour of folding.
                                          yeah exactly I kinda assume he's 3b/c w AQ here, since when he makes it a full 3x he'll almost always just sigh and flick it in when we jam. Also our stack is still fairly healthy in what is likely a weak field so I dont mind folding for lower variance options. KQo is like the very top of my folding range there though, would pile KQs sometimes since it has an extra 4-5% vs TT+,AQ+

Comment

Anyone come across are training sites that deal with rush poker strategy specifically?

Comment

Leggopoker have few quite a few zoom vids at ssnl/msnl. Havent watched any of them mind.

Comment

Live cash spot 1-2-5.

7 handed.

to the best of my recollection......

MP1 €700
                                                CO €75
                                                Hero (Button) €640

MP1 makes it €15, CO calls as does hero with 56o.

Flop 934r

MP1 leads €20, CO shoves for €60.

Hero?

Edit - one bit of relevant history. About an hour previous I had got it in vs another competent player on the exact same flop holding 34 to get counterfitted by running 66 vs 1010 in a €600 pot.

MP1 - competent player and IPBer so thats all I'll say.
                                                Last edited by Dice75; 16-07-12, 18:47.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  No competent player is 3bet folding 99 or AQ there. Any hand he 3bets for value he'll most likely be snapping with. That might be AT or whatever else.
                                                  Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Don't like pre for starters as it gets you in spots exactly like the one you're in. I guess calling and folding to a raise is best.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                                                      No competent player is 3bet folding 99 or AQ there. Any hand he 3bets for value he'll most likely be snapping with. That might be AT or whatever else.
                                                      Pretty sure 3b/c 40bb with AT in his spot is terrible against almost everyone.

Comment

Preflop really is terrible, calling with 56s there is going to be - EV, 56o is awful. The shortstack makes it worse as you are giving up a lot of equity to him, and because he is so short it means you can't bluff (which you need to to try and make up for the lost equity) and the pot is showdown bound, which means preflop hand strength is very important.

On the flop there is no point in raising, you can't win the hand. If you raise and mp folds you haven't achieved anything, whilst risking your entire stack. The problem with calling is that you don't close the action, and if mp raises his raise will be pot committing. If you assume that MP just folds, then calling is going to be only a little better than neutral EV. Given that i'd just fold. If you somehow knew MP is going to just call and not fold or worse, three bet you could call. Or if you thought that he would three bet fold, (which I think is very unlikely ) then you could call and ship over any raise.

56 is a terrible hand, suited or unsuited. It tends to make the idiot end of straights and flushes, and is easily counterfeited (as you found out with 34!).

Comment

Quick question

Opponent is standard TAG. I literally have no notes on him, no stats, never seen him do anything stupid. My impression is that he is decent. We've been at a few tables together so I'd imagine he knows I'm tight, I've been playing really tight at 12.

$1 $2

Folded to me on cuttoff, I make it $6 with KQo. Villain calls from SB. We are both pretty deep.

Flop is QJ4, queen and jack of clubs. Check, $10, Call.

Turn is a red 3. Check, $24, Call.

River is a red 4. Check.... Do I bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                            Quick question

Opponent is standard TAG. I literally have no notes on him, no stats, never seen him do anything stupid. My impression is that he is decent. We've been at a few tables together so I'd imagine he knows I'm tight, I've been playing really tight at 12.

$1 $2

Folded to me on cuttoff, I make it $6 with KQo. Villain calls from SB. We are both pretty deep.

Id bet then lose the head when we get check raised saying why didnt i check it back.
                                                            f he is decent what does he call with.

Comment

Given your image I would check behind I think.

If you were more aggressive and looser I would bet for sure.

Comment

Quick question

$1 $2

Can't see any benefits to betting.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                  Given your image I would check behind I think.

If you were more aggressive and looser I would bet for sure.
                                                                  I'm not sure, think it would need a bit more history before a tag calls me down all the way with TT or AJ type hands here.

Comment

I was going to put in the OP that I'm not at all concerned about a river check raise, it is so unlikely given the action and also I almost never see them when I'm playing, my range is a lot stronger than his (I can have QQ or JJ, he almost certainly can't).

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                      Can't see any benefits to betting.
                                                                      I dont play holdem cash online but live it would be a bet 100%of the time.
                                                                      does this guy ever turn up with q10 q9 obv sometimes.

Are we not losing value by betting or is the times we get value so small that its not worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                        I dont play holdem cash online but live it would be a bet 100%of the time.
                                                                        does this guy ever turn up with q10 q9 obv sometimes.

Are we not losing value by betting or is the times we get value so small that its not worth it?
                                                                        Playing live isn't really comparable, the standard is about ten times worse. If this guy was bad or loose it's an automatic bet

Comment

Quick question

$1 $2

It's possible a 3/4p bet here is -EV with a nitty image. I think betting really small has to be better than checking though. So maybe something between $20-$30.

Comment

I was going to put in the OP that I'm not at all concerned about a river check raise, it is so unlikely given the action and also I almost never see them when I'm playing, my range is a lot stronger than his (I can have QQ or JJ, he almost certainly can't).
                                                                            I think we would be more likely to get him to fold AQ than to call with worse.

Comment

Anyone know where I can get good articles on Micro MTT Turbo's?

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                                                                Anyone know where I can get good articles on Micro MTT Turbo's?
                                                                                dont thinkthere is many what type of info are you looking for exactly ?

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                  dont thinkthere is many what type of info are you looking for exactly ?
                                                                                  Pushing / Folding ranges. Playing a <15BB stack. Id have a fairly decent idea, but I only play turbo's and getting sick unlucky. Maybe I should be trying to adopt a much more aggressive approach to build a stack to avoid as many all in situations.

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                                                                    Pushing / Folding ranges. Playing a <15BB stack. Id have a fairly decent idea, but I only play turbo's and getting sick unlucky. Maybe I should be trying to adopt a much more aggressive approach to build a stack to avoid as many all in situations.
                                                                                    def open up your game late stages and be more aggressive but you cant really avoid all in situations in in turbos mtts, being sick unlucky is what happens in turbos aswell nothing much else you can do but review games and keep putting in volume

Comment

25c 50c

I can't remember the villain, first orbit at the table but my notes on him are "Loose aggro moron, bluffs, min 3bet Q9s". It must have been from a while ago since I don't remember him.

I raise ATo from the cutoff, villain min 3bets me from sb. BB folds and I call. 7 in the pot, 60 behind each.

Flop is 8T2, two spades. Villain bets 1, I make it 6 and he calls.

Turn is a red Jack, villain bets 17 I call.

River is a blank, he shoves. I fold. He shoved for about 36

Anyone play the turn or river differently?

Comment

^ Strange hand, think I play it the same, hard to even guess a range for him when be bet calls the flop like that.
                                                                                        "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

I don't post much strat but was playing in The Fitz on Tuesday, folded to the CO who seems semi competent he opens a little over 2x and has like 20odd bigs SB folds & I'm in the BB with 10bigs and KJ, shove???
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                            I don't post much strat but was playing in The Fitz on Tuesday, folded to the CO who seems semi competent he opens a little over 2x and has like 20odd bigs SB folds & I'm in the BB with 10bigs and KJ, shove???
                                                                                            im no phil ivey but i shove here. you have 10 bigs and you have a lot of his stealing range from co covered. Would expect a shove from you and a fold a lot of the time in this spot
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Insta muck for me most of the time. I'd rather a stop and go than a shove but stack size isn't great for it here, if he's any way near competent he should never be folding to a shove...unless you have a ridic tight image?

Comment

quick one. Villian is a tag playing 18/14 over 1k hands. His flop and turn cbets are 57 and 52. Do you vb river and If so how much?

PokerStars - €0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
                                                                                                Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: €51.25
                                                                                                UTG: €50.10
                                                                                                CO: €43.13
                                                                                                Hero (BTN): €75.04
                                                                                                SB: €45.41

SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50, BB posts ante €0.10, UTG posts ante €0.10, CO posts ante €0.10, Hero posts ante €0.10, SB posts ante €0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: €1.25) Hero has 8:spade: 8:club:

UTG raises to €1.25, CO calls €1.25, Hero calls €1.25, fold, fold

Flop: (€5.00, 3 players) T:spade: 9:club: T:club:
                                                                                                UTG bets €2.34, fold, Hero calls €2.34

Turn: (€9.68, 2 players) T:heart:
                                                                                                UTG checks, Hero bets €6.50, UTG calls €6.50

River: (€22.68, 2 players) 4:heart:
                                                                                                UTG checks

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                  Insta muck for me most of the time. I'd rather a stop and go than a shove but stack size isn't great for it here, if he's any way near competent he should never be folding to a shove...unless you have a ridic tight image?
                                                                                                  Would depend on CO's image in my head somewhat aswell. Has he open folded already? Is he laggy?

Comment

Would depend on CO's image in my head somewhat aswell. Has he open folded already? Is he laggy?
                                                                                                    What do you mean has he open folded already? Has he opened and folded to a 3b shove? Or has he open folded the CO?

It's fairly spewy to r/f there from a 20bb stack and with a 10bb stack still to act unless players behind are v tight imo.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                      quick one. Villian is a tag playing 18/14 over 1k hands. His flop and turn cbets are 57 and 52. Do you vb river and If so how much?

SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50, BB posts ante €0.10, UTG posts ante €0.10, CO posts ante €0.10, Hero posts ante €0.10, SB posts ante €0.10

UTG checks
                                                                                                      I'd be bet folding about €12 for value possibly smaller.

Comment

I'm shoving this all day if the villain is in any way aggro. Surprised to hear other views.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                          I'd be bet folding about €12 for value possibly smaller.
                                                                                                          If your bet folding would it not make more sense to check behind?
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Insta? I wouldn't be a fan of a stop & go with this stack what is the cut off point for this move in your opinion?

He wasn't on the table long with the handed mentioned above but later on I did see him doing a few funky things.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                              No because people have a calling range with worse, a shoving range with better, but very rarely a shoving range with worse.

Comment

What do you mean has he open folded already? Has he opened and folded to a 3b shove? Or has he open folded the CO?

It's fairly spewy to r/f there from a 20bb stack and with a 10bb stack still to act unless players behind are v tight imo.
                                                                                                                Both I suppose. Does he think Btn/SB/BB is an easy corner?

It would boil down to history/reads to me. Are we itm? near bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                  I'd have his range as low pairs and high aces - most pairs will often call a value bet here due to hero repping a small range. If he raises it's an easy fold.

Comment

Both I suppose. Does he think Btn/SB/BB is an easy corner?

It would boil down to history/reads to me. Are we itm? near bubble?
                                                                                                                    Nowhere near either.

Comment

Nowhere near either.
                                                                                                                      I ship so unless CO is complete rock.

Comment

Insta? I wouldn't be a fan of a stop & go with this stack what is the cut off point for this move in your opinion?
                                                                                                                        It depends on the pot size when we flat(can't say an exact BB amount because ante sizes change as do the no. of players at the table). You want to have a stack to open shove on the flop or a bigger stack to crai.

10bb is generally just a stack to open shove imo.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post

UTG checks
                                                                                                                          I'd just check behind, doubt he calls without a nine

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X