X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
    That's loads! In what space of time?
    3 weeks or so. Will maybe start a thread over the weekend about what i'm trying to say because i don't think i'll articulate it properly because i'm shattered, and down to 5 in that game where i folded the A10s

Comment

I would call instantly. Any semi-competent player is shoving an absolutely massive range there, even more so versus a player who he perceives to have a super tight calling range.
      Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Using Pushbot charts, this call has a positive ROI if he's shoving wider than 15%, which is 55+, A2s+, KJs+, QJs, A8o+ and KQo. I'd say this is a fairly narrow range for him here, and you should call it off.

Comment

Quick one. Playing a 3x turbo into the Sunday Million. 140 left. Im a little below average atm. Just moved table aswell so no reads on villian only that I searched him when he shoved and he was playing 5 other turbo rebuy sats.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.65 Tournament, 20000/40000 Blinds 4000 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t302200)
          Button (t531516)
          SB (t174632)
          BB (t204459)
          UTG (t460200)
          UTG+1 (t699172)
          Hero (MP1) (t203400)
          MP2 (t485560)
          MP3 (t36800)

Hero's M: 2.12

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, A
          1 fold, UTG+1 bets t695172 (All-In),

Comment

Poker Pals is an iPhone App that us similar to words with friends except you must make poker hands
            Sounds interesting kinda line Chinese poker

The full version is currently free, anybody want a game?

Edit: thought I was in the BBV
            Last edited by Mellor; 11-03-12, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
              Quick one. Playing a 3x turbo into the Sunday Million. 140 left. Im a little below average atm. Just moved table aswell so no reads on villian only that I searched him when he shoved and he was playing 5 other turbo rebuy sats.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.65 Tournament, 20000/40000 Blinds 4000 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t302200)
              Button (t531516)
              SB (t174632)
              BB (t204459)
              UTG (t460200)
              UTG+1 (t699172)
              Hero (MP1) (t203400)
              MP2 (t485560)
              MP3 (t36800)

Hero's M: 2.12

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, A
              1 fold, UTG+1 bets t695172 (All-In),
              anyone?

Comment

anyone?
                Snappage, that's if I'm reading right and we've 5bb?

Comment

Quick MTT line check.

Both villain and myself playing 5k. Villain is a decent thinking player. Blinds 40/80

Folded to me in the CO and i make it 220 with 98s, BB defends

Flop is K75r. Checked to me and i bet 330, BB calls

Turn pairs the 5, board still rainbow. BB checks.

Is it a good spot to check behind or to barrel again?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Quick MTT line check.

Both villain and myself playing 5k. Villain is a decent thinking player. Blinds 40/80

Folded to me in the CO and i make it 220 with 98s, BB defends

Flop is K75r. Checked to me and i bet 330, BB calls

Turn pairs the 5, board still rainbow. BB checks.

Is it a good spot to check behind or to barrel again?
                    I'd nearly always fire again on a board like that, 500ish, maybe bit more... Doesn't mean I'm right tho

Comment

I am betting again there

Comment

I'd often bet to get him to fold any pair below a king. Depends on the player and your image though

Comment

eh a lot of it depends on the type of player to be honest. realistically when the board pairs on the turn it isnt a great barrelling card against most opponents. If you check in that spot you can nearly be always guaranteed to be facing some sort of river bet but at least then you can decide whether or not to call/fold/raise

If we bet the turn here do we have to bet rivers too?

Comment

^^

Something I've been wondering about is what kinda board textures are good for a 2nd barrel when your C bet gets called...

Anyone care to shed some light..?

Comment

Was just watching it in a video, and he barrels 780 and the BB folds. His reasoning was 'the calling range from the BB includes some pairs, some Kings from 9 to Q and Ace high. He says that the BB is thinking that there's not a lot of semibluffs the CO can continue with because he's barrelled this brick that changes nothing'

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                              eh a lot of it depends on the type of player to be honest. realistically when the board pairs on the turn it isnt a great barrelling card against most opponents. If you check in that spot you can nearly be always guaranteed to be facing some sort of river bet but at least then you can decide whether or not to call/fold/raise

If we bet the turn here do we have to bet rivers too?
                              This is how i've always approached those type of hands. When the board pairs, this looks like a good card for the villain so if he called me on the flop, he probably still calls the turn with most kinds/pairs and some Ace highs so i generally CIB

I suppose if we get called on the turn, we only continue if we hit the nuts and we can call a bet if we hit our 8 or 9 and think it could be good. There's also a minimal chance we're ahead of 86 i suppose. Was just thinking that it's not a standard double barrel when the board pairs and said i'd get some opinions in here

Comment

[QUOTE=Flushdraw;509889]
                                we only continue if we hit the nuts /QUOTE]

paired board no nuts for you

paired board hard for a call if you barrel again, imho he has to fold or check raise then unless hes super strong

Comment

[QUOTE=TheDrunkenOne;509892]
                                  we only continue if we hit the nuts /QUOTE]

paired board no nuts for you

paired board hard for a call if you barrel again, imho he has to fold or check raise then unless hes super strong
                                  Yeah meant the straight sorry

Comment

I suppose if we get called on the turn, we only continue if we hit the nuts and we can call a bet if we hit our 8 or 9 and think it could be good. There's also a minimal chance we're ahead of 86 i suppose. Was just thinking that it's not a standard double barrel when the board pairs and said i'd get some opinions in here
                                    It is standard to double barrel K or Q hi board as many opponents will call one bet with their underpair, but will fold to further action.

The board pairing is relatively good, as it means he can't pick up any extra equity in terms of straight draws with his pair. It's not ideal because your perceived range doesn't get any better.

Comment

Whether or not to do it relies on so many factors. Loads of questions that are put here are so broad as to be meaningless.

Its a good bet if the villain is likely to get to the turn with a load of hands he will then fold to. Try and think of the reasons/times when this is a good or bad plan.

Comment

trying to remember how to play cash (read as bust student trying to build a roll so I can get to a level worth playing at)

line check here with the boots

villain is 22/18 over 400 hands. fold to 3bet 73%. aggression 7.2 we have no history but he is really solid imo.

edit - I know preflop is too small its my standard when someone opens 3x but i didnt see him making it 4x

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($15.33)
                                        Hero (BB) ($10)
                                        UTG ($10.37)
                                        MP ($8.09)
                                        CO ($10.50)
                                        Button ($10.43)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
                                        UTG bets $0.40, 4 folds, Hero raises $0.90, UTG calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.05) Q, 10, 9 (2 players)
                                        Hero bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.45) 2 (2 players)
                                        Hero checks, UTG bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20

River: ($8.85) K (2 players)
                                        Hero checks, UTG bets $3

Total pot: $8.85

Comment

I'd be 3-betting more than that oop, both with big hands and otherwise. I'd also fire the turn also, that river really sucks but getting suck good odds I'd probably call, but not expect to be good very often, but I think we're okay just about enough to make it good.
                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Bet/calling the turn. #i think I fold the river. so many Jacks and 2 pairs in his range.

3bet bigger pre as you said but even If he did 3x my standard is 10bbs.

Comment

Bet/calling the turn. #i think I fold the river. so many Jacks and 2 pairs in his range.

3bet bigger pre as you said but even If he did 3x my standard is 10bbs.
                                              I did make it 10bbs dont know why its showing up weird like that. I thought the turn was really close and closer to a check/fold than a bet/call? I dont think its +EV to c/f the turn though considering there are some value hands he can have that I still beat

Comment

3bet is too small. Bet the turn. River is an easy fold.

Comment

Its such a blank on the turn though and he can so many hands that will definitely call 2 streets and check back the turn when checked to.

Obv there are some hands that beat us but I think were too strong to fold.

Comment

Bigger on flop planning to ship the turn.

Players will fastplay sets/2 pairs a lot on such a wet flop so you should be happy with your hand on a blank turn.

River is an easy fold.

Comment

Pre is way too small, especially oop.
                                                      Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Anyone got a link to some decent articles or videos on ICM?

Comment

^^ There's some good ICM stuff in the book "Kill Everyone"

Unrelated, Free Game Theory lessons from Stamford University, could be good for anyone interested in the area

Comment

Had a study session organised for today with a poker buddy. Selfish bastard decided to ship the bbj on prima for €219,000 last night!

Comment

Quick line check from memory

ITM in a 4max MicroMillion. Level 1k/2k/250.

UTG(100k)
                                                              HeroButt(225k)
                                                              SB(350k)
                                                              BB(60k)

Not sure of where we are exactly but not near enough the decent money to be worried about pay jumps. The avg is somewhere between 110k and 140k fwiw.

Hero dealt AKo

UTG limps, Hero raises to 6k

SB 3bets to 48k, UTG folds, Hero folds.

SB is a donk, plain and simple. He's been playing pretty much every pot and not well imo. Has made a couple of monster 3bets but not many and all have taken it down PF. He has changed his 3bet sizing a lot though, he's clicked it back sometimes, 2x, 3x, 4x and then the over bets thrown in for good measure. I doubt he's 3betting complete rags in general as he has flatted a lot of opens too, but no doubt he would over-value rag aces etc...I'm just not sure if he'd over value a hand with a mammoth bet like this. It's def his biggest 3bet so far btw.
                                                              I've been opening every button since it's my only spot to play a hand against him in position. And with any limper I'd still pop it up to 3x with a fairly wide range.
                                                              UTG is new to the table btw.

Does anyone flat/4b here? Is AK too strong a hand to fold 4 handed?

I tank folded thinking I've decent stack and I should be able to chip up(On a different day I might have shoved). Also I'm clueless as the range for this. If I shove do I see AQ/AJ enough of the time or will it more than likely be a flip/crushed.

I was reading another thread(the WTF sizing one) and it got me thinking about this hand.
                                                              Last edited by Caf; 26-03-12, 01:43. Reason: stack sizes were wrong

Comment

I prob CiB to try induce him to spazz. I'd be making a very small 4bet anyway.

Folding there is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too nitty.

Comment

Jam on him. You'll need all the chips to win so get his now

Comment

Smallest 4b we can make is to 90k which is strong with stacks.. If he had made it like 40k I think cib/call>shove, but idk, assuming villain is clueless to that kind of thing cib/c may still be best. Overall raise > fold >>> call as we can't really set out to avoid high variance +EV spots in a 4max
                                                                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Curious to others decisions here.

11 left, 10 payed.
                                                                      Min cash €1.7k

Blinds 1200/2400/300, due to go 1500/3000/400 in 6 mins.

6 handed
                                                                      Stacks -
                                                                      1/200k
                                                                      2/500k
                                                                      3/60k
                                                                      Villain/60k Button
                                                                      Hero/29k SB
                                                                      6/27k BB
                                                                      (after blinds & antes out)

Info - Seat 2 has opened circa last 8 hands to 5.1k uncontested bar 1 reshove from villain. Other table all have over 100k each.

Folded around to button as Seat 2 has missed hand due to watching other table during the H4H process. BB (shortie's) hand is declared dead for same reason as Seat 2.

I havent seen any paint since H4H started. Had my calling range ready once I heard BB was dead (announced by TD but only really clarified as Seat 3 looked to be folding)

Villain (recent UKIPT winner) ships button. I look at A3o.

Decision?

Comment

I'd imagine he should be theoretically shipping with ATC here so A3 is the nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

11 left, 10 payed.
                                                                          Min cash €1.7k

6 handed
                                                                          Stacks -
                                                                          1/200k
                                                                          2/500k
                                                                          3/60k
                                                                          Villain/60k Button
                                                                          Hero/29k SB
                                                                          6/27k BB

Info - Seat 2 has opened circa last 8 hands to 5.1k uncontested bar 1 reshove from villain. Other table all have over 100k each.

Folded around to button as Seat 2 has missed hand due to watching other table during the H4H process. BB (shortie's) hand is declared dead for same reason as Seat 2.

I havent seen any paint since H4H started. Had my calling range ready once I heard BB was dead (announced by TD but only really clarified as Seat 3 looked to be folding)

Decision?
                                                                          Snappage

Comment

what are stack sizes like on the other table? If someone was really short its probably an ICM fold otherwise Id call pretty fast

Comment

11 left, 10 payed.
                                                                              Min cash €1.7k

6 handed
                                                                              Stacks -
                                                                              1/200k
                                                                              2/500k
                                                                              3/60k
                                                                              Villain/60k Button
                                                                              Hero/29k SB
                                                                              6/27k BB

Decision?

Its a call from me anyhow id be calling with any pair an jq+ here.
                                                                              The guy is decent he should really be shoving any 2 here and your ahead of any 2 cards. here.
                                                                              At the moment its looking like your or the bb for the bubble and im sure with the 500k stack your blinds are going to get attacked regularly.
                                                                              I can see peoples reasons for folding but i think its a call.

Comment

what are stack sizes like on the other table? If someone was really short its probably an ICM fold otherwise Id call pretty fast
                                                                                All on other table have 100k or more.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                  All on other table have 100k or more.
                                                                                  ah yeah easy enough call with A3 so. Bubble factor considered Id imagine Q9 is the cutoff here? In a vacuum is it Q3 sooooted?

Comment

I'd fold here on the bubble. You're ahead of his shoving range, but even if he shoves blind, you're still only 56% to win the hand. Even if he shoves 80% of hands, you're still only 53% to win. I'm not sure how comfortable your roll is, but if i'm going to bust on a €1.7k bubble over 45% of the time, i think i fold. I know we shouldn't be playing the game if we can't afford to bubble blah blah, but it's a fold for me and i feel quite good about it.

Comment

I'd fold here on the bubble. You're ahead of his shoving range, but even if he shoves blind, you're still only 56% to win the hand. Even if he shoves 80% of hands, you're still only 53% to win. I'm not sure how comfortable your roll is, but if i'm going to bust on a €1.7k bubble over 45% of the time, i think i fold. I know we shouldn't be playing the game if we can't afford to bubble blah blah, but it's a fold for me and i feel quite good about it.
                                                                                      Wanted to hear the fold argument.

Problem is going forward that CL is going to keep opening every hand & with very few going to play back against him do you really want to be stuck in a race to the bottom with the shortie to my left to min cash (even if you were desperate for the min cash) hoping to pick up a premium hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                                                        I prob CiB to try induce him to spazz. I'd be making a very small 4bet anyway.

Folding there is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too nitty.
                                                                                        Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                                                        Jam on him. You'll need all the chips to win so get his now
                                                                                        Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                                                                        Smallest 4b we can make is to 90k which is strong with stacks.. If he had made it like 40k I think cib/call>shove, but idk, assuming villain is clueless to that kind of thing cib/c may still be best. Overall raise > fold >>> call as we can't really set out to avoid high variance +EV spots in a 4max
                                                                                        Thanks lads.

What range would you be happy getting it in with here?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                          Thanks lads.

What range would you be happy getting it in with here?
                                                                                          JJ+/AK. I'd guess TT/AQs are marginally +EV too since villain wont have KK+ much given sizing, I'm not as happy with them though. Tend to find bad players have AK/JJ-TT a lot when they do this
                                                                                          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

KJ utg shove 7 handed ok with a 14k stack.

Blinds 1000-2000 ante 200 (M4.1)
                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Wanted to hear the fold argument.

Problem is going forward that CL is going to keep opening every hand & with very few going to play back against him do you really want to be stuck in a race to the bottom with the shortie to my left to min cash (even if you were desperate for the min cash) hoping to pick up a premium hand?
                                                                                              I don't know the payouts for the top 10, or if the final table is 9 handed or 10 handed, but a mincash of €1.7k would allow me to pay for entry into the UKIPT Dublin, Killarney and 2 Fitz EOMs. The mincash might not mean a lot to some people, but it would mean a lot to me. I'm not saying i'm fold every hand, but i'm not called Q9 or A3 here. I'd tighten it to maybe 77+, KQs, A10+ and not be too delighted calling with some of them.

We don't have a lot of FE with 12bigs, and not much more than we'd have with 8bigs which would be probably be in about 6/7 hands. I don't mind getting the chips in with A3 but wouldn't be calling it off. If you were to fold to 20k and then get your double up, you'd be putting pressure on the 2 smaller stacks. I wouldn't drop to much more than this before getting them in. The possible plus (or negative point) is that both yourself and the other shortie would be pushing into the 2 biggest stacks on your left so there's a definite possibility that both could call to either bust or triple up either of you.

If the mincash doesn't mean much to you, calling there is the right play as it gives you a better chance of going deeper, but if you'd like to lock up a cash before going for it, then i'd tighten my calling range and hope to pick up a top 15% hand to get them in with. TLS ftw

Comment

but a mincash of €1.7k would allow me to pay for entry into the UKIPT Dublin, Killarney and 2 Fitz EOMs.
                                                                                                And then what, do the same in those events. You don't get down to the final 10/11 players often enough to pass up this kind of edge when your short.

You absolutely have to call here.

Comment

And then what, do the same in those events. You don't get down to the final 10/11 players often enough to pass up this kind of edge when your short.

You absolutely have to call here.
                                                                                                  At this stage, i'm never buying into a €750 game so if i'm playing, i've satellited in for €150 max so i'm not taking a best case scenario 56% favourite to double up in this spot. He asked for opinions and i'm giving mine. It doesn't matter if every single person disagrees, it's still my opinion whether it's viewed right or wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                                                                                                    Pre is way too small, especially oop.
                                                                                                    Can you please give a reaction on my PMs? thx!

Comment

We're marginally ahead nearly all of the time here,I think we all agree on that.
                                                                                                      However,I'm always folding here. Would all of you who are saying snap put 1700 on a (slightly weighted) coin flip?
                                                                                                      It just depends what 1.7k means to you I guess.My calling range is very tight on this bubble but my shoving range will be relatively wide when folded to me since we have two ways of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                        I'd imagine he should be theoretically shipping with ATC here so A3 is the nuts.
                                                                                                        Snappage
                                                                                                        Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                        Its a call from me anyhow id be calling with any pair an jq+ here.
                                                                                                        The guy is decent he should really be shoving any 2 here and your ahead of any 2 cards. here.
                                                                                                        At the moment its looking like your or the bb for the bubble and im sure with the 500k stack your blinds are going to get attacked regularly.
                                                                                                        I can see peoples reasons for folding but i think its a call.
                                                                                                        ah yeah easy enough call with A3 so. Bubble factor considered Id imagine Q9 is the cutoff here? In a vacuum is it Q3 sooooted?
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Bubbleboy View Post
                                                                                                        We're marginally ahead nearly all of the time here,I think we all agree on that.
                                                                                                        However,I'm always folding here. Would all of you who are saying snap put 1700 on a (slightly weighted) coin flip?
                                                                                                        It just depends what 1.7k means to you I guess.My calling range is very tight on this bubble but my shoving range will be relatively wide when folded to me since we have two ways of winning.
                                                                                                        Thanks for replies lads, as some probably know I pretty much snap called having already assigned my range as it was folded to him.

He had 95o which flipped better. Next time I'll call quicker as its due to hold

Comment

€160 game in Maynooth and we're down to 18 with 15 paid. Payouts are a little funky until we get to the FT where 9th is bagging €400 and then it starts to jump a little with €4100 up top. There's also 4 of us left in the last longest which is €180 and would probably get chopped 2 ways, maybe 3 if that makes any difference.

I've been quite enough since 25 left, and lost 1 hand with A9<A6 AIPF to leave me on 135k with blinds 3k/6k/500. I'm probably about 10/18 at this stage

Chris (AKDonk) opens UTG to 18k. It's the first time i've seen him 3x open but it looked a bit like a semi tilt open as he's lost the last 2 hands he played and probably dropped ~100k in those 2 hands. He's been opening 2.2-2.5x up to that stage. I look down at AQs UTG+1?

First instinct was to shove, 2nd instinct was to flat as i'd imagine that it would oversell the strength of my hand because he wouldn't expect me to flat there unless i'm trapping, and i didn't have a 3rd instinct tbh. I ended up raise/calling but seeing as this is a spot that comes up a bit in tournaments a bit, does anyone have a general line here?

Shove >Raise call >Call >Fold

Comment

My default in the situation would normally be this and esp vs Chris altho I rarely see him 3x it.

Given that there was 3 micro stacks (5-10 bigs) left trying to fold to the money I might go with the flat call here.... I might put up my AK hand later

Comment

Quick one. Guy was playing 36/22 with 59% steal. Had previously r/c me with J8o for 13bb eff. Ante is 100

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                                                                                              NL Holdem $1,000(BB) Replayer
                                                                                                              SB ($132,170)
                                                                                                              Hero ($19,050)
                                                                                                              UTG ($74,131)
                                                                                                              UTG+1 ($1,746)
                                                                                                              CO ($32,560)
                                                                                                              BTN ($93,784)

Dealt to Hero J Q

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $2,500
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 08-04-12, 19:49.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                Quick one. Guy was playing 36/22 with 59% steal. Had previously r/c me with J8o for 13bb eff. Ante is 100
                                                                                                                I'ld have little issue shipping it here.
                                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

One more: Guy playing 29/16 over 50 with one 3bet so far.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                                                                                                  NL Holdem $300(BB) Replayer
                                                                                                                  SB ($6,370)
                                                                                                                  BB ($6,725)
                                                                                                                  UTG ($5,553)
                                                                                                                  UTG+1 ($13,505)
                                                                                                                  Hero ($9,195)
                                                                                                                  MP1 ($24,702)
                                                                                                                  CO ($22,628)
                                                                                                                  BTN ($7,228)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $740, fold, CO raises to $1,800,

Comment

€160 game in Maynooth and we're down to 18 with 15 paid. Payouts are a little funky until we get to the FT where 9th is bagging €400 and then it starts to jump a little with €4100 up top. There's also 4 of us left in the last longest which is €180 and would probably get chopped 2 ways, maybe 3 if that makes any difference.

I've been quite enough since 25 left, and lost 1 hand with A9<A6 AIPF to leave me on 135k with blinds 3k/6k/500. I'm probably about 10/18 at this stage

Chris (AKDonk) opens UTG to 18k. It's the first time i've seen him 3x open but it looked a bit like a semi tilt open as he's lost the last 2 hands he played and probably dropped ~100k in those 2 hands. He's been opening 2.2-2.5x up to that stage. I look down at AQs UTG+1?

First instinct was to shove, 2nd instinct was to flat as i'd imagine that it would oversell the strength of my hand because he wouldn't expect me to flat there unless i'm trapping, and i didn't have a 3rd instinct tbh. I ended up raise/calling but seeing as this is a spot that comes up a bit in tournaments a bit, does anyone have a general line here?

TBH. I was a bit tilted by the previous hands but I don't remember 3xing here. My standard open for the tourney was min 2.1-2.25x, 2.5x with 1 limper and 3x with 2. If I did 3x it was a mistake.

As ste said. Shove is probably best play against me here as I wake up with a9s+, 55s+ and garbage the odd time due to the tiltiness. I also thought it a bit strange that you didn't shove and left ~40k behind.

Comment

Originally posted by AKDonk View Post
                                                                                                                      TBH. I was a bit tilted by the previous hands but I don't remember 3xing here. My standard open for the tourney was min 2.1-2.25x, 2.5x with 1 limper and 3x with 2. If I did 3x it was a mistake.

As ste said. Shove is probably best play against me here as I wake up with a9s+, 55s+ and garbage the odd time due to the tiltiness. I also thought it a bit strange that you didn't shove and left ~40k behind.
                                                                                                                      I didn't even think i posted the hand! I had it typed out, and then thought meh! Yeah it was defo a 3x open which you've never done. Not sure if you maybe threw out an extra 5k chip in error or something. I was half thinking of flatting and calling a shove behind if you got out of the way. I don't always just shove. My raise is as good as a shove and sometimes it shows a little more strength. Maybe call was even better with the shorties as Ste says and just get away if i miss. Still a little undecided

Comment

If he were tilting, would he not be more likely to open the range of hands he raises with rather than increase the amount he raises?

I don't hate getting it in pre in these circumstances, but given that anotehr poster said there were 3 shorties trying to fold to the money, I think I would prefer to go after their dwindlling stacks which your 22bb stack probably lets you do.

Comment

9 handed I think this is a pretty easy fold. You have the whole table behind you, and any aggressive action means if you get any action from anyone else at the table you are almost certainly dominated. Chris maybe tilted but I doubt he gets AJ in pre here.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X