Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And one from the UK&Ire COOP, villain breakeven with a high ABI, I've seen him 3b T9s UTG+1, nothing else strange

Poker Stars $300+$20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t20/t40 Blinds - 6 players - View hand 1068368
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): t5355 133.88 BBs
    BB: t4635 115.88 BBs
    UTG: t5460 136.50 BBs
    MP: t4725 118.12 BBs
    CO: t3885 97.12 BBs
    BTN: t5650 141.25 BBs

Pre Flop: (t60) Hero is SB with K :diamond: 9 :diamond:
    3 folds, BTN raises to t120, Hero raises to t400, 1 fold, BTN calls t280

Flop: (t840) 5 :heart: 4 :diamond: 9 :spade: (2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN bets t385, Hero calls t385

Turn: (t1610) 3 :club: (2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (t1610) 8 :spade: (2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN bets t725, Hero raises to t2200

Comment

What're you trying to do on the river...?
      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
        What're you trying to do on the river...?
        Get TT-QQ to fold

Comment

Does he ever have TT-QQ there? After he checks behind on turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            Does he ever have TT-QQ there? After he checks behind on turn?
            Yeah I think he does a lot, do people go for 3 streets of value with it here?

Lots of funs hands tonight, whats his range on the river here? 27/19 after 200 hands but nothing of note

Poker Stars $300+$20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t40/t80 Blinds - 5 players - View hand 1068453

Hero (CO): t7004 87.55 BBs
            BTN: t3327 41.59 BBs
            SB: t7089 88.61 BBs
            BB: t5392 67.40 BBs
            UTG: t9514 118.92 BBs

Pre Flop: (t120) Hero is CO with 6 :diamond: 8 :diamond:
            1 fold, Hero raises to t199, 2 folds, BB calls t119

Flop: (t438) J :diamond: 4 :diamond: 8 :heart: (2 players)
            BB checks, Hero bets t320, BB raises to t855, Hero calls t535

Turn: (t2148) 3 :club: (2 players)
            BB checks, Hero checks

River: (t2148) 2 :heart: (2 players)
            BB bets t2148

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Are we calling river here? Guy does all his 3b from the blinds and 3b all pocket pairs. With pos and small 3b I'll call here with this type of hand. I think I have to call turn as its ultimo barrel card. Should we call river?

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1068313

BB: $63.50
              CO: $50.75
              Hero (BTN): $59.85
              SB: $46.64

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K 9
              1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($9.25) 9 4 8 (2 players)
              BB bets $6.00, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($21.25) A (2 players)
              BB bets $12.50, Hero calls $12.50

River: ($46.25) K (2 players)
              BB bets $40.50

This looks fine, snap call now obv, he's repping very few 2 pair hands after firing flop and barrelling the a, could bet worse and will bluff the river too.

Guy is agg enough over 40 hands...25/18/4
              Do you bet turn? Also I think we have to call river?

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1068315

BB: $50.00
              CO: $63.00
              BTN: $50.00
              Hero (SB): $53.40

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with J :spade: J :heart:
              2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) 4 :spade: T :spade: K :diamond: (2 players)
              Hero bets $2.25, BB calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.50) 4 :club: (2 players)
              Hero checks, BB bets $5.62, Hero calls $5.62

River: ($18.74) 7 :heart: (2 players)
              Hero checks, BB bets $9.37

Betting turn is thin but I think i prefer it to check call anyway. His bet sizing changes from 3/4 pot on turn to 1/2 pot on river, looks like a value bet but I wouldn't blame ya for calling and noting what he took a change of bet sizing with if he's a reg. Will give ya an idea if he can hand read as your range is kinda face up.
              "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

My Hem is acting the bollox.

its importing hands but anytime I try to run a report over last say "x hours" it gives me nothing. No hands, all "N/a" and none of the graphing works.

Any ideas whats going on? Ive no filters or anything set.

Much appreciated.

Comment

System time different to timestamp on HHs?

Comment

System time different to timestamp on HHs?
                    Could be. Im in Oz now. How do I fix it?
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

There is a setting that will adjust it for you, basically offsets the time from the hand history.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                        There is a setting that will adjust it for you, basically offsets the time from the hand history.
                        where is it? I cant find it anywhere in my HEM.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Options-Settings-Adjust Site Import Times.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                            where is it? I cant find it anywhere in my HEM.
                            This was a bugger to find from work, with every gambling site except this one blocked by the proxy:

HUD Options -> Settings -> Adjust Site Import Times

Pick the site and the time difference you want to account for.

Edit: Fuck, Beaten
                            Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 13-12-10, 16:29. Reason: F,B
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                              This was a bugger to find from work, with every gambling site except this one blocked by the proxy:

HUD Options -> Settings -> Adjust Site Import Times

Pick the site and the time difference you want to account for.
                              Thanks very much man. Sorted now.

Comment

Deep stack tourney on Full tilt, Villain tag showing up with the goods a lot, saw him slowplay a set of kings but no other info

Blinds 25/50 I have AA in the hi jack, I raise 150...BB calls

*** FLOP *** [Qd 6s Th] pot 325
                                Villain checks
                                I bet 237

Villain insta calls 237

*** TURN *** [Qd 6s Th] [4c] pot 799
                                Villain checks
                                I check

*** RIVER *** [Qd 6s Th 4c] [6h] pot 799
                                Villain bets 799 (pot)
                                I dwell a bit then call

*** SHOW DOWN ***
                                Villain shows [9d 8s] a pair of Sixes
                                I shows [Ad As] two pair, Aces and Sixes
                                I win the pot with two pair, Aces and Sixes

I get berated by Villain for slow rolling. Didn't actually take that long to call.

Turn check -bad? How much should i have bet here? Anyone repop the river?

Comment

Turn check is abysmal

Comment

Why would you check behind on the turn? Bet that!

Comment

I normally would bet the turn, against this guy i decided to slow play it. I suppose I pretended to give up on the turn. So we're saying to basically never do this?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                        Turn check is abysmal
                                        Eloquent

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                                          I normally would bet the turn, against this guy i decided to slow play it. I suppose I pretended to give up on the turn. So we're saying to basically never do this?
                                          ok, so if that's what you intended to do, surely the river is snap call / snap shove?

That being said, just bet the turn.

make it easy

Comment

ok, so if that's what you intended to do, surely the river is snap call / snap shove?

That being said, just bet the turn.

make it easy
                                            Lesson learned, it's the pot sized bet on the river that made me think about it and the fact he was in the bb so could show up with some junk that could have me beat. I need to get over my fear of pot sized river bets,a lthough i suppose I induced that by the turn check. I'll jog on now and grow some balls

Comment

bet bet and bet again there almost all the time on that board

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                Turn check is abysmal
                                                Great balls of fire!

Comment

Berated for the slow roll, breated for the turn check. tbh, not encouraged to post another hand that i'm not that sure about......... is that how it goes? Post a hand where the play is sub optimal and face one line answers which use words like abysmal...Mr Roadsweeper.... your analysis....... Sucks

Comment

Berated for the slow roll, breated for the turn check. tbh, not encouraged to post another hand that i'm not that sure about......... is that how it goes? Post a hand where the play is sub optimal and face one line answers which use words like abysmal...Mr Roadsweeper.... your analysis....... Sucks
                                                    He's not wrong though. It is abysmal. And he didn't give more analysis because you gave minimal analysis yourself.

If you explain the reasoning behind doing something in your original post, you will find that people will respond much more constructively.

For most people, that turn is a trivial bet. There is little to no reason not to bet, especially without further detail on the opponent. You are the only person who can provide such detail. Heck, your play could have been perfect because you may have seen opponent float flops, and fire turn and shove river with all his bluffs. But because you didn't post any additional information other than cards, its fair enough to expect to get simple replies in answer.

Essentially, the more detail you can give, the more you will get, and the more you can learn / develop your thought process from.

On auto repeat at this stage I feel, but this thread has excellent guidelines for posting hands. Please do post more hands, it is beneficial for almost everyone to be reading and commenting, and you will get a lot out of it.

Comment

He's not wrong though. It is abysmal. And he didn't give more analysis because you gave minimal analysis yourself.

If you explain the reasoning behind doing something in your original post, you will find that people will respond much more constructively.

For most people, that turn is a trivial bet. There is little to no reason not to bet, especially without further detail on the opponent. You are the only person who can provide such detail. Heck, your play could have been perfect because you may have seen opponent float flops, and fire turn and shove river with all his bluffs. But because you didn't post any additional information other than cards, its fair enough to expect to get simple replies in answer.

Essentially, the more detail you can give, the more you will get, and the more you can learn / develop your thought process from.

On auto repeat at this stage I feel, but this thread has excellent guidelines for posting hands. Please do post more hands, it is beneficial for almost everyone to be reading and commenting, and you will get a lot out of it.
                                                      Thanks for your reply Emmet. I see where you're coming from, and taken your advice on board.

Comment

Good post, Emmett. I that doesn't mean that just saying "that's bad" isn't bad. There's a balance.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Quick one please....Priced in?

UTG+1: 12955
                                                          UTG+2: 4235 (Opening a lot of pots, just lost a big pot in previous hand)
                                                          Hero (MP1): t10600
                                                          MP2: 10100
                                                          CO: 7250
                                                          BTN: 6690
                                                          SB: 5560 (Tight)
                                                          BB: 14320
                                                          UTG: 7400

Pre Flop: 600 Hero is MP1 with AQ Suited
                                                          2 folds, UTG+2 raises to 700, Hero raise to 2122, 3 folds SB raises to 5560 all in, 2 folds Hero ??

SB is very tight, and I have a tightish image also, so thinking he is super strong. Just wondering if I'm priced in now..And thought's on the 3bet?

Comment

Anyone know is there a way on ipoker to look back and see the cards that someone showed before showdown (like donks do then they win a pot with a bluff or something).

If you look back at the hand in the client it doesnt show it and HEM doesnt seem to track so if u missed what they show its tough shit by the looks of it???

Comment

2 folds, UTG+2 raises to 700, Hero raise to 2122, 3 folds SB raises to 5560 all in, 2 folds Hero ??

SB is very tight, and I have a tightish image also, so thinking he is super strong. Just wondering if I'm priced in now..And thought's on the 3bet?
                                                              I can find a fold here. Your 3bet is fine but a bit big. I'd say 1700 would pot commit UTG+1 and give you more wriggle room in the event of an overcall or cold 4bet. Flatting the raise is also fine, possibly better if someone after you or in the blinds is likely to squeeze.

Comment

Priced in???

Hi Goose, I am going to give a stab at answering this but must say i am not an expert by any stretch and am just getting my head around figuring out this kind of stuff so hopefully others will come along soon and either verify it or correct it (or add to it).

As far as i know it depends what hands do you think he will shove over you in this spot.

I presume blinds are 100/200 and if so you can calculate the odds you are now getting to call. The amount now in the pot is (100 + 200 + 700 + 2122 + 5560=) 8682 and you have to call another 3438. so you are getting odds of 2.5/1 approx.

This means you only need to win the pot 29% approximatley to breakeven. Now if you put AQs into Pokerstove and give him a range of QQ, KK, AA, AKo and AKs you have 28.6% against that range. Now if you add in any weaker hands (e.g TT. JJ, bluffs you have a clear call).

Interestingly if he only does this with AA and KK you still have 25% equity vs that range from what i can see from plugging ranges into pokerstove, which means it still close to a call given the pot odds on offer.

Generally when someone raises and EP raiser and gets cold 4bet it is a sign of huge strength and often show up Aces or Kings especially from a tight player in my experience.

However i think this situation is slightly different in that your range for raising the initial raiser may not be interpreted as super strong given that its obvious to the table that he has been opening alot and so others will be apt to 3bet (iso raise) with a wider range. Someone acting behind may shove over you with a wider range than normal (lets say JJ+, AKo+) in which case you have a clear call.

Personally i think you are priced in to call but the suggestion by AndyB for raising a little smaller seems very sensible as it does give you more room to get away from it (it is after all only AQ!).

Hope this is accurate and if not i apologise in advance (i am new to posting and analyzing hands also)
                                                                Last edited by bustamoves; 15-12-10, 00:05. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                  Priced in???

Hi Goose, I am going to give a stab at answering this but must say i am not an expert by any stretch and am just getting my head around figuring out this kind of stuff so hopefully others will come along soon and either verify it or correct it (or add to it).

As far as i know it depends what hands do you think he will shove over you in this spot.

I presume blinds are 100/200 and if so you can calculate the odds you are now getting to call. The amount now in the pot is (100 + 200 + 700 + 2122 + 5560=) 8682 and you have to call another 3438. so you are getting odds of 2.5/1 approx.

This means you only need to win the pot 29% approximatley to breakeven. Now if you put AQs into Pokerstove and give him a range of QQ, KK, AA, AKo and AKs you have 28.6% against that range. Now if you add in any weaker hands (e.g TT. JJ, bluffs you have a clear call).

Interestingly if he only does this with AA and KK you still have 25% equity vs that range from what i can see from plugging ranges into pokerstove, which means it still close to a call given the pot odds on offer.

Generally when someone raises and EP raiser and gets cold 4bet it is a sign of huge strength and often show up Aces or Kings especially from a tight player in my experience.

However i think this situation is slightly different in that your range for raising the initial raiser may not be interpreted as super strong given that its obvious to the table that he has been opening alot and so others will be apt to 3bet (iso raise) with a wider range. Someone acting behind may shove over you with a wider range than normal (lets say JJ+, AKo+) in which case you have a clear call.

Personally i think you are priced in to call but the suggestion by AndyB for raising a little smaller seems very sensible as it does give you more room to get away from it (it is after all only AQ!).

Hope this is accurate and if not i apologise in advance (i am new to posting and analyzing hands also)
                                                                  Great post- Thanks man...

All that was going through my head at the time was the SB hadn't been doing any stealing at all, nothing out of line, and it really felt like QQ+. Found the fold in the end but regretted it afterwards. My 3bet was too big, I felt UTG+2 may have shoved back light so I suppose i was trying to induce that, but a smaller raise would have had the same effect as Andy mentioned.

Comment

Goose, can you explain your reasoning for 3betting with AQo there? Should help you a serious amount if you can write 5 reasons why you thought it was the right play.

Comment

Goose, can you explain your reasoning for 3betting with AQo there? Should help you a serious amount if you can write 5 reasons why you thought it was the right play.
                                                                      I felt that UTG+2 was raising light in this spot ,he just lost a big pot and and i felt I was ahead of his wide opening range. I had also seen him fold to 3 bets and I'm not too unhappy he if flats the 3 bet either. I would normaly flat in that situation. I suppose that's why i posted this particular hand as I played it a little bit differently then normal.

Comment

1 I felt that UTG+2 was raising light in this spot,
                                                                        2 he just lost a big pot and and i felt I was ahead of his wide opening range.
                                                                        3 I had also seen him fold to 3 bets and I'm not too unhappy he if flats the 3 bet either.
                                                                        4 I would normaly flat in that situation.
                                                                        I suppose that's why i posted this particular hand as I played it a little bit differently then normal.
                                                                        Cool, good stuff.
                                                                        If you feel he is raising light in this spot, and that you are way ahead of his opening range, what do you know about his continuing range vs a 3bet? What hands do you think he is opening UTG+2 that are considered light? And what hands does he call a 3bet with OOP in this spot? What hands does he 4bet? And what hands does he fold?

Again, you are wide ahead of his opening range, but know nothing about his continuing range vs a 3bet.

This is more like it, he folds to 3bets, and you pick up chips a lot without having to see a flop. And we're also happy enough if he calls. If you're 3betting him in order to get him to fold though, are you 3bet bluffing or 3betting for value? Do you feel the hands he calls with are stronger or weaker than the hands he shoves with in this spot?

I would also normally flat without more information.

Comment

Has any one signed up to a particular ipoker site with a deal that IanMc was offering? I can't get the bonus code "GRINDER" to work....

Comment

I'll let him know of this. Usually its okay once you complete step 3

Comment

Thoughts here vs someone who hates folding?

guy is 16/12 with 30% turn cbet over 2k hands

His turn bet size made the decision for me I think

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($20.20)
                                                                              SB ($6)
                                                                              BB ($32.06)
                                                                              UTG ($21.11)
                                                                              MP ($37.70)
                                                                              Hero (CO) ($22.38)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, A
                                                                              1 fold, MP bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.90) 3, 7, 9 (2 players)
                                                                              MP bets $1.65, Hero calls $1.65

Turn: ($5.20) 4 (2 players)
                                                                              MP bets $4.25, Hero folds

Total pot: $5.20
                                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 17-12-10, 17:38.

Comment

If I just call the flop im always calling the turn.

Comment

I fold preflop emmet vs this guy.
                                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Should have quit 150 hands ago.

Comment

Was just looking through my HEM, and thought this was an interesting stat.

Looking at profit/loss, My worst 5 hours of the day to play

3pm-4pm
                                                                                      7pm-8pm
                                                                                      1pm-2pm
                                                                                      2pm-3pm
                                                                                      4pm-5pm

so basically i suck playing 1pm-8pm or else i catch the better players online

My best 5 hours are

12am-1am
                                                                                      10am-11am
                                                                                      9pm-10pm
                                                                                      11pm-12am
                                                                                      2am-3am

From 9pm-3am is the opposite of the above

Think i'll concentrate on 1 time rather than the other from now on!

Comment

meh, definitely wouldn't read into that too much Tony!

Did you go through the P/L and see any big hands that swing the results either way? Could easily be a case of not winning flips in the daytime!

Comment

meh, definitely wouldn't read into that too much Tony!

Did you go through the P/L and see any big hands that swing the results either way? Could easily be a case of not winning flips in the daytime!
                                                                                          It could also be due to setup because afternoon/evening is when kids are around and i'm not concentrating and rarely put a solid session in, where after they go to bed it's a bit more sombre at home!

Comment

Bizarre or standard? Trying to work on bluffing a bit more vs the right people

Guy is a 20/14 taggish with high folds on all streets. Just feel that he folds this river so often that its worthwhile.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($10.82)
                                                                                            Hero (UTG) ($20.73)
                                                                                            Button ($21.36)
                                                                                            SB ($4.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5, K
                                                                                            Hero bets $0.70, Button calls $0.70, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.70) 4, Q, 2 (2 players)
                                                                                            Hero bets $1.27, Button calls $1.27

Turn: ($4.24) 8 (2 players)
                                                                                            Hero bets $3.18, Button calls $3.18

River: ($10.60) 9 (2 players)
                                                                                            Hero bets $7.60

Comment

Not sure I like that Emmet, given his high fold on all streets he only has Qx or better on the river and a good Qx at that, dunno how much he's folding it, but you'll have a better idea than me I guess.

Flushdraw, while it's true to say the later hours have weaker players and since they suit you better will definitely be more profitable, how much more profitable is very difficult to say without huge sample sizes across all hours to really show winrates. I'd not read too much into it and start avoiding certain times if you feel like playing just yet.
                                                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Bluefire Poker has a 7 Day Free Trial now lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  Was just looking through my HEM, and thought this was an interesting stat.

Looking at profit/loss, My worst 5 hours of the day to play

3pm-4pm
                                                                                                  7pm-8pm
                                                                                                  1pm-2pm
                                                                                                  2pm-3pm
                                                                                                  4pm-5pm

so basically i suck playing 1pm-8pm or else i catch the better players online

My best 5 hours are

12am-1am
                                                                                                  10am-11am
                                                                                                  9pm-10pm
                                                                                                  11pm-12am
                                                                                                  2am-3am

From 9pm-3am is the opposite of the above

Think i'll concentrate on 1 time rather than the other from now on!
                                                                                                  This has gained my interest in the last few weeks. Basically when i played at home i played between 2pm & 7pm. I never played weekends either. Im now in Canada for a month or two and my routine is different.

I will start playing at 5pm and ussualy play until about 10/11pm this would be Monday to Thursday. Fri -Sun i start playing about 7pm and will play as long as i feel i need to ussualy 2am.

I have only started doing this since the start of the month but ive noticed a massive difference in my winrate. This is not a small sample ive played 60k hands so its not just Variance.

It will be impossible for me to play these hours when i move home but to anyone who can i have no doubt that it will improve your winrate no end.
                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                    This is not a small sample ive played 60k hands so its not just Variance.
                                                                                                    This is not a small sample indeed. Its tiny! Did you not see Nick's graph in BBV where he ran atrocious over 850k hands?

Winrate by time of the day is an incalculable quantity because by the time you have amassed enough hands for it to be reliable, your game and the games themselves will have changed to such an extent that its meaningless again. In fact this is true of overall winrate to a certain extent as well.

The only way you could really verify the games are softer during the day is to look at the average VPIP by hour with a huge DB but I don't think HM can do this.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 18-12-10, 16:58.

Comment

Games are definitely harder during the day. One easy way to tell is by your red line. In an aggressive game you will end up in a lot more spots whre you're being 3bet more, check-raised more and generally your opponents are more likely to make you fold. You're much more likely to have a climbing red line in a fishy, passive game.

Comment

On the topic of training videos, does anyone else find them almost impossible to watch? I just can't listen to these guys dithering and blathering, getting sidetracked by hands halfway through a point they were making, fooling around with stuff that isn't on the screen, and generally focussing on rubbish hands and pointless crap. I always find myself 20 mins into a 45 min video suddenly not paying any attention and wishing I was playing rather than watching this guy play.

Don't get me wrong, some of them are good, but I think text is a vastly superior method of communicating concepts. Some of the Powerpoint-style ones are decent, but they suffer from the same problem that all PPPs do - it's really hard to get the right amount of information on each slide.

Comment

This is not a small sample indeed. Its tiny! Did you not see Nick's graph in BBV where he ran atrocious over 850k hands?

Winrate by time of the day is an incalculable quantity because by the time you have amassed enough hands for it to be reliable, your game and the games themselves will have changed to such an extent that its meaningless again. In fact this is true of overall winrate to a certain extent as well.

The only way you could really verify the games are softer during the day is to look at the average VPIP by hour with a huge DB but I don't think HM can do this.
                                                                                                          ya agreed but its pretty obvious to me that games are so much easier for me at these times. Which is obvious due to more casual players and drunks.
                                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                            On the topic of training videos, does anyone else find them almost impossible to watch? I just can't listen to these guys dithering and blathering, getting sidetracked by hands halfway through a point they were making, fooling around with stuff that isn't on the screen, and generally focussing on rubbish hands and pointless crap. I always find myself 20 mins into a 45 min video suddenly not paying any attention and wishing I was playing rather than watching this guy play.

Don't get me wrong, some of them are good, but I think text is a vastly superior method of communicating concepts. Some of the Powerpoint-style ones are decent, but they suffer from the same problem that all PPPs do - it's really hard to get the right amount of information on each slide.
                                                                                                            There are only a few people that make good videos and can hold your attention throughout. Just watch those ones and don't bother with the filler!

Comment

This has gained my interest in the last few weeks. Basically when i played at home i played between 2pm & 7pm. I never played weekends either. Im now in Canada for a month or two and my routine is different.

I will start playing at 5pm and ussualy play until about 10/11pm this would be Monday to Thursday. Fri -Sun i start playing about 7pm and will play as long as i feel i need to ussualy 2am.

I have only started doing this since the start of the month but ive noticed a massive difference in my winrate. This is not a small sample ive played 60k hands so its not just Variance.

It will be impossible for me to play these hours when i move home but to anyone who can i have no doubt that it will improve your winrate no end.
                                                                                                              60k hands man, thats not even the tip of the variance iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                60k hands man, thats not even the tip of the variance iceberg.
                                                                                                                I completely understand that but i think i can attribute a higher winrate to the change in times. Im using other variables like just seen that i will have 2 or 3 fish per table at these hours as opposed to 1 if lucky at the other times i used to play.

Do you find it better living in Argentina and playing at social times yet still catching the euro fish at prime times? Was that part of the reason for choosing Argentina?
                                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I completely understand that but i think i can attribute a higher winrate to the change in times. Im using other variables like just seen that i will have 2 or 3 fish per table at these hours as opposed to 1 if lucky at the other times i used to play.

Do you find it better living in Argentina and playing at social times yet still catching the euro fish at prime times? Was that part of the reason for choosing Argentina?
                                                                                                                  I didn't think about timezones when I came here. I just did it. And it worked out that the timezone is more suitable.

Comment

Weird spot. OR is a TAG who isn't a fan of folding to 3bets, but folds to cbets a ton and isnt aggro post flop at all. The other two are drooler fish.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($50.44)
                                                                                                                    Button ($50.65)
                                                                                                                    SB ($51.20)
                                                                                                                    BB ($10.25)
                                                                                                                    UTG ($117.21)
                                                                                                                    MP ($49.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
                                                                                                                    1 fold, MP bets $1.50, Hero raises $5.25, Button calls $5.25, SB calls $5, 1 fold, MP calls $3.75

Flop: ($21.50) 8, 9, 6 (4 players)
                                                                                                                    SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $10.75, Button calls $10.75, 1 fold, MP raises $44.50 (All-In)

Comment

If he is as passive as you say post flop then its a fold but against most people (who will shove draws and occasionally worse) you have to call it off there with so much dead money in the pot.

Fun hand from earlier,

No-Limit Hold'em, $50.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($11802.50)
                                                                                                                      BB ($16820)
                                                                                                                      UTG ($5075)
                                                                                                                      MP ($4945)
                                                                                                                      Button ($10264.13)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, A
                                                                                                                      3 folds, Hero bets $125, BB calls $100

Flop: ($300) 2, 5, 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                                      Hero checks, BB bets $200, Hero calls $200

Turn: ($700) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                                                      Hero checks, BB bets $500, Hero calls $500

River: ($1700) 2 (2 players)
                                                                                                                      Hero checks, BB bets $2750, Hero calls $2750

Total pot: $7200

Results below:
                                                                                                                      Hero had 8, A (one pair, twos).
                                                                                                                      BB had K, 3 (one pair, twos).
                                                                                                                      Outcome: Hero won $7195
                                                                                                                      "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

See Gibraltar is upping its cooperation tax which will probably lead to players taking a hit in some way or another

Comment

Another brag post, slowrolled him accidently too looking for the printscreen button on the laptop, he had the 9c obv.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Line Us; 21-12-10, 19:41.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X