Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not crazy about pre tbh. As played raise call flop. I'd prb check turn too and it looks like you've to fold now.

Comment

@line us: How do you get away with playing so laggy at higher stakes. Are you not 3b to death? You also seem to cold call a lot.

Cheers for being so compassionate when I move up poker gods. Ye'er a sound bunch of lads.

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1054852
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $19.75
      Hero (SB): $59.33
      BB: $63.56
      CO: $60.37

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with A A
      1 fold, BTN raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4.50, BB raises to $12.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $59.33, BB calls $46.83

Flop: ($119.91) 9 9 K (2 players)

Turn: ($119.91) Q (2 players)

River: ($119.91) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $119.91
      BB shows J A
      BB wins $117.91
      (Rake: $2.00)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Guest; 02-12-10, 17:12.

Comment

OK, it's Rush poker so that can mean everything or nothing. I have no notes on these players and nothing concrete to go on:

CO is an assumed fish. I have 1 hand on him. Open limped and bought in for random amount, so he's a fish.

SB is playing 13/9/5.0 after 47 hands.

BB is playing 22/13/5.0 after 24 hands.

I did think about raising the flop, but i kinda felt like I was bluffing with the best hand often enough if I did. I suppose I'm a favourite vs bigger flush draws, straight draws, overpairs etc and lose a lot of equity when I miss the turn, so getting them in on the flop is the best play.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

@Zuutroy: Raising pre is totally standard. I'm building a pot and isolating a fish in position. The blinds fold, he calls, and then folds to my flop cbet so often here. I'd say this was a profitable move with ATC.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Making fish fold ain't how I like to go about business! I'd rather know a bit more about him before I got involved with a hand this weak.

Comment

nah you want to isolate with hands that can have decent equity when they miss, good hands are ones like QTo, cos they can at least have 2 overs a bunch, J6s is a garbage hand for doing it, but it still could be profitable depending on the fish, but its definitely not a move that is profitable with ATC, at least I doubt it

Comment

Just a Standard hand. What hands do you put the villian on here? Hes 28/8 over 12 hands and by the way hes playing, Im presuming hes a fish.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($41.18)
                Hero (Button) ($25.35)
                SB ($27.94)
                BB ($25.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, K
                1 fold, Hero bets $0.60, SB calls $0.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.45) K, 3, J (2 players)
                SB bets $1.45, Hero calls $1.45

Turn: ($4.35) 9 (2 players)
                SB bets $4.35

Comment

I think pre in that j6s hand is very standard.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    @line us: How do you get away with playing so laggy at higher stakes. Are you not 3b to death? You also seem to cold call a lot.
                    I wouldnt say I am that laggy tbh, 26/22 players are prettymuch the norm at higher stakes, and there are way laggier players. I do call a bit more than most pre definitely though and my stats are more like 26/20 or something.This is from mostly calling on the button, I think I'm something like 40/32 there which makes up for most of it, the rest is in the co and bb, I rarely fold to sb steals these days, should probably tighten up there.

Ya I get 3bet a fair bit but I wouldnt say much more than most and I try to adjust if I am so its not a problem really.
                    "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Quick stats check from 5k hands played today and yesterday, anything dramatically wrong? Cheers..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

IPC Hand - fold or call?

Blinds 150-300 ante 50
                        Average stack c26k

Dice 13k UTG
                        Roy Brindley c23k CO
                        BB c24k

Brindley only at the table 6 hands
                        BB had previously called for 1/3 his stack against me with J10 on a 10 7 4 4 2 board when i had called his 1k flop & 1.2k turn bet and re-raised his 1.5k river bet to 4.8k (i was button with A7 - no raise preflop)

I raise UTG with As10s to 900
                        Call, Call.

Flop 6s7x9s
                        I lead for 2,800
                        Call
                        BB ships

Me?
                        Last edited by Dice75; 03-12-10, 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                          IPC Hand - fold or call?

Blinds 150-300 ante 50
                          Average stack c26k

Dice 13k UTG
                          Roy Brindley c23k CO
                          BB c24k

BB had previously called for 1/3 his stack against me with J10 on a 10 7 4 4 2 board when i had called his 1k flop & 1.2k turn bet and re-raised his 1.5k river bet to 4.8k (i was sb with A7 - no raise preflop)

Call, Call.

Flop 6s7x9s
                          I lead for 2,800
                          Call
                          BB ships

Me?
                          Snap

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            IPC Hand - fold or call?

Blinds 150-300 ante 50
                            Average stack c26k

Dice 13k UTG
                            Roy Brindley c23k CO
                            BB c24k

BB had previously called for 1/3 his stack against me with J10 on a 10 7 4 4 2 board when i had called his 1k flop & 1.2k turn bet and re-raised his 1.5k river bet to 4.8k (i was sb with A7 - no raise preflop)

Call, Call.

Flop 6s7x9s
                            I lead for 2,800
                            Call
                            BB ships

Me?
                            Easy call, cooler, ul. The A7 hand doesn't sound good though!

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                              Easy call, cooler, ul. The A7 hand doesn't sound good though!
                              Pretty much snapped to be shown 85 for the straight.

Edit - A7 hand I was button.

edit 2 - Ghostface your 2% is busto!
                              Last edited by Dice75; 03-12-10, 20:05.

Comment

Bohsman, Nothing dramatically wrong in your stats anyway.

I would say your W$WSF is a bit low and your 3b and cbf are a bit high. What is your turn cb %?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                  Bohsman, Nothing dramatically wrong in your stats anyway.

I would say your W$WSF is a bit low and your 3b and cbf are a bit high. What is your turn cb %?
                                  Cheers, Turn cbet is 40

Comment

Interesting book - Thread

Comment

Button is new to the table, Lots of calling going on PF. So I called to set mine.

I had a hand I put him on. But tell me how I played this and where I shoulda changed

Poker Stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds + t10 - 9 players - View hand 1057415

UTG+2: t4875 M = 20.31
                                      MP1: t8620 M = 35.92
                                      MP2: t8899 M = 37.08
                                      CO: t7073 M = 29.47
                                      BTN: t3540 M = 14.75
                                      SB: t5720 M = 23.83
                                      BB: t6140 M = 25.58
                                      UTG: t2815 M = 11.73
                                      Hero (UTG+1): t6030 M = 25.12

Pre Flop: (t240) Hero is UTG+1 with 9 :club: 9 :diamond:
                                      1 fold, Hero calls t100, 2 folds, MP2 calls t100, CO calls t100, BTN calls t100, SB calls t50, BB checks

Flop: (t690) 9 :heart: K :heart: T :club: (6 players)
                                      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t500, MP2 folds, CO folds, BTN calls t500, SB folds, BB folds

Turn: (t1690) A :club: (2 players)
                                      Hero bets t700, BTN calls t700

River: (t3090) 3 :club: (2 players)
                                      Hero checks, BTN bets t2230 all in, Hero calls t2230

Comment

Open or fold pre, means that the pot is bigger on the flop, means that you can cbet flop and shove turn.

"Make it easy on yourself"

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                          Open or fold pre, means that the pot is bigger on the flop, means that you can cbet flop and shove turn.

"Make it easy on yourself"
                                          So do we never limp to set mine?

Also when we are in this postion, whats the play?

Comment

Yeah raise pre and bet more on the flop and a hell of alot more on the turn as played! I like the check call in the end.
                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                              So do we never limp to set mine?
                                              But is it better to open limp or to limp behind?

I probably wouldn't open 99 utg+1 but from MP2 (or so) I wouldn't mind limping behind one or two other limpers or opening an unopened pot.
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                Yeah raise pre and bet more on the flop and a hell of alot more on the turn as played! I like the check call in the end.
                                                I raised that amount making it look super weak hoping for a reraise so I can push and put him on a though position.

Turn same thing really.

When I got to the river I figured I was under repping my hand alot and the rest played itself.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                  I raised that amount making it look super weak hoping for a reraise so I can push and put him on a though position.

Turn same thing really.

When I got to the river I figured I was under repping my hand alot and the rest played itself.
                                                  why?

You have the best hand here almost always, and still have pairing outs if he has QJ.

You don't want to put him into a tough position, you want him to call, never ever want him to fold here.

If you raise pre to 325/385, and get 1/2 callers or maybe even 3/4 the hand plays very easily postflop.

If you miss the flop, and there are face cards, c/f is fine. When you hit the flop, or the flop is low, you can cbet and bet and bet.

Set mining with 99 isn't the best play, its far too strong to not take the initiative with imo.

And you shouldn't be raising anywhere here once you bet the flop. If he raises the flop, its a call. And another bet on the turn, you don't want to give him opportunities to fold TPgK, two pairs, or combo draws.

Comment

To be fair I am stupid in these spots

BTW what hand are we putting him on.
                                                    Last edited by MegaSin; 03-12-10, 23:27.

Comment

Just made the perfect poker graph

SPOILER
                                                      Played like a fucking NIT though, to be fair I played those 1.5k hands in 54 minutes

Comment

how many hands of rush can you play in a hour?

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                                          how many hands of rush can you play in a hour?
                                                          Depends on how tight I am playing preflop but in the region of 1700

Comment

QQ about HEM HUD, I've not tried to change it in ages and have been tinkering with it today, does anyone know if there's a cold 4 bet stat you can include in the pop ups? All I've seen is 4 bet in general and then open - 4 bet which seems to be how often you four bet a three bet when you were the opener. Backraising a squeezer would be another cool stat for the pop up, anyone know if that's in there?
                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Backraising a squeezer would be another cool stat for the pop up, anyone know if that's in there?
                                                              Limp reraise?
                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

QQ about HEM HUD, I've not tried to change it in ages and have been tinkering with it today, does anyone know if there's a cold 4 bet stat you can include in the pop ups? All I've seen is 4 bet in general and then open - 4 bet which seems to be how often you four bet a three bet when you were the opener. Backraising a squeezer would be another cool stat for the pop up, anyone know if that's in there?
                                                                This would probably be about as interesting as a stat telling you how often a shop has won the lotto.

In other words, pretty inconsequential, and not worth space on your HUD. You'll never have a big enough sample size to estimate beyond gameflowiness.
                                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                  This would probably be about as interesting as a stat telling you how often a shop has won the lotto.

In other words, pretty inconsequential, and not worth space on your HUD. You'll never have a big enough sample size to estimate beyond gameflowiness.
                                                                  I know, but I figure it can't do any harm in a pop up, I ofc wouldn't have it on my HUD itself, but I think in a pop up with some people I've decent samples on it could be of some benefit as a general indication rather than a number I'd take exactly as is

Comment

Just moved up to playing 6 tables at 25nl instead of moving up to 50nl 4tabling. I found it very hard to concentrate and timed out a couple of times. It was my first time playing 6 tables though so it probably is to be expected.

So to keep playing 6 tables of 25nl or move up to 50nl and play 4 tables?

Comment

drop a level and play 6 tables at smaller stakes for 2/3 sessions to get used to it. It will come..

You'll have to play shorter sessions, and will have to keep the focus for the duration, but it will come!

Comment

drop a level and play 6 tables at smaller stakes for 2/3 sessions to get used to it. It will come..

You'll have to play shorter sessions, and will have to keep the focus for the duration, but it will come!
                                                                        I played a 10nl session last night and felt grand. I wasnt put in too many tough spots thought. I might give 10nl another go tomorrow on and see how it goes.

Comment

Yeah play a couple more sessions of it then try a couple on 25nl then move up playing 6 if it gets comfortable, if it does by then it should be second nature to you, and you'll have a couple more BI for your shot all going well.

Comment

I actually ended up playing 28/26 in the session. I think i was afraid of playing too tight and ended up trying to be too aggro and too lag.

Comment

The $100 sign up fee on CardRunners is waived for the the next few days if any of you guys are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                The $100 sign up fee on CardRunners is waived for the the next few days if any of you guys are interested.
                                                                                assasinate Roadsweeper

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Last time I'll help anyone here!!

Comment

Anyone have any script for ipoker that would make your standard open 2.5x if its folded to u, been opening to 2x for a while but wanna try 2.5x, too much hassle to type it every time when multitabling.
                                                                                      "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Having such a swingy month so far. I keep making a few buy ins and give most of it back!

Comment

A month where your biggest downswing is 4 buyins is swingy...really?!

Comment

Maybe I should post last month's graph for the giggles?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              A month where your biggest downswing is 4 buyins is swingy...really?!
                                                                                              Meh, Im just a bit frustrated after a session where i was winning a few buy ins and gave em all away in a few hands.

Not too swingy at all really.

Comment

Maybe I should post last month's graph for the giggles?
                                                                                                lol
                                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

lol
                                                                                                  You win!

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                    You win!
                                                                                                    Can you guess which hand range "the scandal" took place in?

Comment

Can you guess which hand range "the scandal" took place in?
                                                                                                      between 12 and 15k ya?

how many tables you play? what stakes?

Also, lol at the file name!

Comment

Are we calling river here? Guy does all his 3b from the blinds and 3b all pocket pairs. With pos and small 3b I'll call here with this type of hand. I think I have to call turn as its ultimo barrel card. Should we call river?

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1068313

BB: $63.50
                                                                                                        CO: $50.75
                                                                                                        Hero (BTN): $59.85
                                                                                                        SB: $46.64

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K 9
                                                                                                        1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($9.25) 9 4 8 (2 players)
                                                                                                        BB bets $6.00, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($21.25) A (2 players)
                                                                                                        BB bets $12.50, Hero calls $12.50

River: ($46.25) K (2 players)
                                                                                                        BB bets $40.50

Comment

Guy is agg enough over 40 hands...25/18/4
                                                                                                          Do you bet turn? Also I think we have to call river?

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1068315

BB: $50.00
                                                                                                          CO: $63.00
                                                                                                          BTN: $50.00
                                                                                                          Hero (SB): $53.40

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with J :spade: J :heart:
                                                                                                          2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) 4 :spade: T :spade: K :diamond: (2 players)
                                                                                                          Hero bets $2.25, BB calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.50) 4 :club: (2 players)
                                                                                                          Hero checks, BB bets $5.62, Hero calls $5.62

River: ($18.74) 7 :heart: (2 players)
                                                                                                          Hero checks, BB bets $9.37

Comment

1 - fold pre
                                                                                                            2 - bet turn

Comment

1 - fold pre
                                                                                                              2 - bet turn
                                                                                                              but they play so bad in 3b pots! and I'm IP with a slightly deeper SPR and a small 3b.

Comment

What 3bet range are you giving him? All PPs? SCs? and what broadways?

Comment

not so sure about that...all I know is he's 3b 9% in that spot and I've seen him do it with PP as low as 55.

Comment

9% isn't really wide enough to warrant a call pre here imo.

We're not really delighted with any K hi flop, we don't have the nfd unless Ac is on flop, and AX makes a big part of his 3betting range there too.

Just don't like it.

Comment

Yeah I hear what you're saying alright. I just find that people play so straightforward and are one-and-done with their bluffs (50% of the time here at least) that calling a heap of 3bets on the button is extremely profitable. If he makes it 5.50-6 and we're $50 deep I fold more often. And aswell as that, I have some equity!
                                                                                                                      My fold to 3b is only about 55%, and I'm 4b about 15% so I do call pretty wide, but I'm winning well enough when I do over a few hundred samples.

Comment

Also why do you never run good when trying to go from barely rolled to comfortably rolled at a new level!

Attached Files

Comment

20r mini FTOPS, hero? Thoughts on river sizing? CO quiet so far, other guy spewy and stationy

Full Tilt Poker MiniFTOPS Event #5 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 6 players - View hand 1068353

Hero (BB): t4430 147.67 BBs
                                                                                                                          UTG: t2078 69.27 BBs
                                                                                                                          MP: t5162 172.07 BBs
                                                                                                                          CO: t2220 74 BBs
                                                                                                                          BTN: t1820 60.67 BBs
                                                                                                                          SB: t2300 76.67 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BB with 3 :diamond: 3 :heart:
                                                                                                                          1 fold, MP raises to t90, CO calls t90, 2 folds, Hero calls t60

Flop: (t285) J :spade: J :diamond: 7 :heart: (3 players)
                                                                                                                          Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks

Turn: (t285) 3 :club: (3 players)
                                                                                                                          Hero bets t180, MP calls t180, CO calls t180

River: (t825) K :club: (3 players)
                                                                                                                          Hero bets t390, MP calls t390, CO requests TIME, CO raises to t1950 all in

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X