Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't like a c/r in 1 without some history vs the opponent.

2 is a super instasnap call. You're clearly biased knowing the results of the hand. You haven't even put AK in your range ffs.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Even AK doesn't bring it up to the 43% I need.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
        Don't like a c/r in 1 without some history vs the opponent.

2 is a super instasnap call. You're clearly biased knowing the results of the hand. You haven't even put AK in your range ffs.
        Dont see how 2 is a snap. I doubt he triple barrells AT very often, so we beat only AK, A6s, A4s of his value range. He mighnt even open the small As 100% and he mighnt fire TPTK again on river with Q and J on board, as it narrows down TP hands that c/c 3 streets. It might be a call if we think he does this with missed draws

Comment

Rob, hand 1 is never a cr methinks. Doesn't seem sensible to go thin on that board.

In hand 2, I don't like making hero folds, but I can see why you wanna fold in this spot. Pretty read dependent, and you defo need decent reads to fold it out.
          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I'd never c/r kq there zuutroy, but agree the board runs out bad alot

Comment

What happened here/ Should I make it more on the raise Pre or less

Also villian has been stealing pre a dencent bit

BB (t21092)
              UTG (t3799)
              UTG+1 (t6137)
              MP1 (t8339)
              MP2 (t5156)
              MP3 (t4852)
              CO (t2527)
              Button (t9486)
              Hero (SB) (t4827)

Hero's M: 11.92

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
              4 folds, MP3 calls t150, 1 fold, Button bets t600, Hero raises to t2550, 2 folds, Button calls t1950

Flop: (t5580) 5, Q, 8 (2 players)
              Hero bets t2257 (All-In), Button calls t2257

Turn: (t10094) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t10094) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t10094

Comment

I make it 1700-1900 and shove every flop for psb.

Id actually be tempted to check some A/k high flops.

Comment

Can't raise to half your stack and fold on the flop, so shoving > than your raise size.

However, is raising smaller > shoving? I'm not sure, I think I shove here most times

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post

BB (t21092)
                    UTG (t3799)
                    UTG+1 (t6137)
                    MP1 (t8339)
                    MP2 (t5156)
                    MP3 (t4852)
                    CO (t2527)
                    Button (t9486)
                    Hero (SB) (t4827)

4 folds, MP3 calls t150, 1 fold, Button bets t600, Hero raises to t2550, 2 folds, Button calls t1950

Either make it 1500-1600 or just shove. Shoving has the advantage of inducing hero calls from hands like AJ or KQ, so I like it in these spots.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I was never really folding any flop here ever. Which I think he knew and maybe thought his A was good.

But just found this a really odd hand the way I played it. Truth me told I was kinda looking for a reraise with a hand just like he had. Didn't expect it to go to the flop

Comment

BB (t21092)
                        UTG (t3799)
                        UTG+1 (t6137)
                        MP1 (t8339)
                        MP2 (t5156)
                        MP3 (t4852)
                        CO (t2527)
                        Button (t9486)
                        Hero (SB) (t4827)

Your raise is too big becasue it doesn't leave you any fold equity when you shove the flop. When you're raising in these situations, you want to leave as close to a pot sized bet on the flop so when you shove, you have enough fold equity to allow him to fold underpairs hopefully.

Even if you make it 1800, you're still shoving 3k into 4100 so not a lot of fold equity so just shove pre. If you have 1k more, i raise to something funky like 1880 which would leave you a PSB on the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Your raise is too big becasue it doesn't leave you any fold equity when you shove the flop. When you're raising in these situations, you want to leave as close to a pot sized bet on the flop so when you shove, you have enough fold equity to allow him to fold underpairs hopefully.

Even if you make it 1800, you're still shoving 3k into 4100 so not a lot of fold equity so just shove pre. If you have 1k more, i raise to something funky like 1880 which would leave you a PSB on the flop.
                          I was think I should just shove pre the second I bet.

But on his thinking. Is his call good. I mean the pot is so big, but what hands does he beat

Comment

What hand does he have???

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              What hand does he have???
                              Sorry meant to show. A9os

Comment

I was think I should just shove pre the second I bet.

But on his thinking. Is his call good. I mean the pot is so big, but what hands does he beat
                                Sorry meant to show. A9os
                                His play preflop is horrific. He should just fold to your raise. If not, he should just ship it pre. Suppose he has to call the flop because you're probably shipping every hand, including small pairs because you can't check/fold

Comment

Im currently pming Collin Moshman about coaching for profit stable he has on 2+2. I feel i need coaching but im way to stingy to pay for it. Any thoughts ?
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I dont like the idea of it. I cant really say why, but I read about it and it just didnt appeal to me. I know he is a CardRunners coach and does it on a mass scale, but it strikes me as something busto or tilt prone players would go for. It mioght suit you better but, personally, I would hate my profits to be eaten into.

Think of the coaching in terms of buyins and if you learn enough you should make it back anyway. I would do an significant amount of research on whoever it is.

I would recommend checking out http://www.leggopoker.com/forums/pri...oaching-forum/ (might need to be a subscriber) where there is affordable coaching up to 200nl from vetted coaches.

Also, DTB, CardRunners, DC all have coaching pages where you can check whats on offer. Although coaches listed on training sites tend to have inflated prices.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                      I dont like the idea of it. I cant really say why, but I read about it and it just didnt appeal to me. I know he is a CardRunners coach and does it on a mass scale, but it strikes me as something busto or tilt prone players would go for. It mioght suit you better but, personally, I would hate my profits to be eaten into.

Think of the coaching in terms of buyins and if you learn enough you should make it back anyway. I would do an significant amount of research on whoever it is.

I would recommend checking out http://www.leggopoker.com/forums/pri...oaching-forum/ (might need to be a subscriber) where there is affordable coaching up to 200nl from vetted coaches.

Also, DTB, CardRunners, DC all have coaching pages where you can check whats on offer. Although coaches listed on training sites tend to have inflated prices.
                                      I will see what deal they offer and what coach and il post here more details. I may get a decent deal as my stats are decent and im due a serious case of run bad so they could be the ones who end up losing out.

I will decide by the volume the profit sharing will be over.

I done it before on 2+2 with sngs and ran so bad after that i quit sngs and moved to cash.Looking back it was just variance as i didnt put in enough volume back then.

What training site are you affiliated with or am i mistake in thinking that you are ?

Is there any of the 100nl up winning players here that would consider coaching even if they wanted me to be a test case i would prefer pay a guy from here that i know.

I dont think theres any need for a thread as there is really only 5 or so guys that id consider and they pretty much all pop in and out of this thread.
                                      Last edited by tipp86; 24-11-10, 17:51.
                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Tipp, posting a video here is by far the best thing to do if you're on a tight budget. You'll get a good few people here to watch and get some invaluable comments about your game imo.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          Tipp, posting a video here is by far the best thing to do if you're on a tight budget. You'll get a good few people here to watch and get some invaluable comments about your game imo.
                                          Ya not a bad idea think theres a good guide on here for that.
                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Tipp, I part own a poker training reviews site, but am not affiliated with any one on one coaching, although I have gotten a bit of it.

+1 for posting a video. Only if there is commentary

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                              Im currently pming Collin Moshman about coaching for profit stable he has on 2+2. I feel i need coaching but im way to stingy to pay for it. Any thoughts ?

I got accepted for that back in June but decided not to go through with it.

The contract they sent me was 6 months, 10k hands a month and 50% of all profits and rakeback.

You get 1 hour coaching session a week.

In the end i decided normal coaching was the better option.
                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                Tipp, I part own a poker training reviews site, but am not affiliated with any one on one coaching, although I have gotten a bit of it.

+1 for posting a video. Only if there is commentary
                                                Don't agree commentary is necessary tbh. For a lot of people its hard to verbalise your thought process as you play, but much easier to do so afterwards and its not necc for us to critique his play to a large extent.

Comment

I mean to do it afterwards. I thinks important to hear his thought process.

Comment

Sb is a 80/20 uberfish and Its the bbs first hand at the table.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($17.17)
                                                    MP ($19.40)
                                                    Hero (Button) ($25.68)
                                                    SB ($19.87)
                                                    BB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
                                                    1 fold, MP bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, SB calls $2.15, BB calls $2, 1 fold

Flop: ($7.50) 7, 6, 10 (3 players)
                                                    SB bets $3.50, BB raises to $9.80, Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $14.50 | Rake: $0.72

Seems like a fold to me, just making sure?
                                                    Last edited by shano_88; 25-11-10, 15:39.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

I wouldn't fold there, he will have TT-QQ mainly and will probably play them all the same on a board thats pretty drawy.

Comment

Raising a donk before the PF3B has acted with JJ or QQ there, really?

Comment

I may fold if I am up for the session and am about to stop playing.

Its close. I probably fold in reality.

Comment

Yeah i dont think its a snap fold or anything. He most likely doesnt have a str or any 2pair combos. We are only worried about TT and he could have JJ/QQ or a nut flush draw. The action is scary though and not having any stats on him doesnt help.
                                                              Last edited by BlindLimper; 25-11-10, 15:56.

Comment

Raising a donk before the PF3B has acted with JJ or QQ there, really?
                                                                Hes probably not even thinking like that, we have no info on him. Also if he knows the donker is a fish then hes probably going to value raise to isloate donk on such a drawy board. I just jam it in here.

Comment

Unlikely he knows donker is a fish if its his first hand though...

Comment

I jam and get annoyed when his QJs beats me.

The fact that BB is unknown makes this interesting, otherwise I would think it is pretty straightforward as a fold (so long as you assume he is decent).

Do we always assume unknowns are decent? He's flatted a 3bet OOP with the pfr still to act....

Comment

I have to agree I jam in here get 2 callers and then curse when your uber fish hit a 3 on the river to make a set and claim the pot. I would imagine that you are up against a nut flush draw that he is looking to protect

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                                        Yeah i dont think its a snap fold or anything. He most likely doesnt have a str or any 2pair combos. We are only worried about TT and he could have JJ/QQ or a nut flush draw. The action is scary though and not having any stats on him doesnt help.
                                                                        Why cant he have 66/77 he is an unknown afterall.

I still think this is a fold but probably is closer than i first though.

Comment

Unlikely he knows donker is a fish if its his first hand though...
                                                                          Huh? How is it unlikely?

Comment

Coz he's not psychic?

Comment

Eh, because he probably found him on a buddylist or tablescanner or looked at the tables for his fish friends.

Comment

Pff table selection is for donks. I take on all comers.

Comment

Mini brag:

Started playing again 2 months ago at 10nl with 200 euro, after taking 6 months off and withdrawing whole roll. Beat 10nl and 20nl for a combined 4ptbb so far and have just about 30bi for $50nl now!

Variance : I suck at quitting poker for good.

Attached Files

Comment

Pretty much in the same boat as you Zuutroy, Withdrew most of my roll at the start of October. Left $500 to grind 25nl. Currently have 25bis for 50nl. Gona wait till I hit 30 and then hit the 50nl tables. Where you playing?

Comment

ipoker and an absolute fishfest that I'd rather not out!

Comment

ipoker and an absolute fishfest that I'd rather not out!
                                                                                        Aww come on. You can tell us. It was you who told us about Everest, remember? Only me and Emmett took the bait IIRC. You got some nice signup bonuses from us.

Comment

Yeah but I'm not an affiliate for the new site!

Comment

I'm too lazy to watch a video so I was wondering if anybody could answer this, what is an approximate opening range from utg, utg+1 and utg+2 in full ring? I presume when folded to you the other 6 positions play as standard ye? Also, would it be correct to never put more than one bet in post flop unless you have sets+? lol

Comment

Going to stick up a video in a bit for some serious ego crushing replies from you guys. I have the raw file at over 700mb before editing or compression. Going to upload it in two parts anyway but what is the best site to upload it on?

Comment

http://www.megaupload.com/ worth a shot?

Or else PM me for my rapidshare details and you can use that?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                  Going to stick up a video in a bit for some serious ego crushing replies from you guys. I have the raw file at over 700mb before editing or compression. Going to upload it in two parts anyway but what is the best site to upload it on?
                                                                                                  If you used Camtasia its pretty easy to compress it to 100mb after you have finished mtaking the video

Comment

I used cam studio, pretty easy to setup. Bit of a pain as I thought I changed enough settings before hand to make the raw file smaller but what can you do. I'll finish it all up tomorrow and upload on a yet determined site.

Comment

Busto to robusto this month!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Biggest pot ever too, was chasing a fish at 50/100.
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      No-Limit Hold'em, $100.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($13852.50)
                                                                                                      BB ($10000)
                                                                                                      UTG ($3358.50)
                                                                                                      MP ($10685)
                                                                                                      CO ($13740)
                                                                                                      Button ($1717.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8
                                                                                                      2 folds, CO bets $300, 1 fold, Hero calls $250, BB calls $200

Flop: ($900) J, 8, 3 (3 players)
                                                                                                      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks

Turn: ($900) 8 (3 players)
                                                                                                      Hero bets $675, BB raises $1900, CO calls $1900, Hero calls $1225

River: ($6600) 3 (3 players)
                                                                                                      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $2200, Hero raises $11652.50 (All-In), 1 fold, CO calls $9340 (All-In)

Total pot: $29680

Results:
                                                                                                      Hero had 8, 8 (four of a kind, eights).
                                                                                                      CO had K, K (two pair, Kings and eights).
                                                                                                      Outcome: Hero won $29787.50
                                                                                                      "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

lol. by some freak chance I was watching that table earlier on. There was some mad plays going on. I just wanted to see what its like up there!

What I saw scared me, and I wont be returning too soon

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          lol. by some freak chance I was watching that table earlier on. There was some mad plays going on. I just wanted to see what its like up there!

What I saw scared me, and I wont be returning too soon
                                                                                                          Ah its an easy game when ya keep getting quads!
                                                                                                          "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

What the literal fuck?

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t1980)
                                                                                                            Hero (MP3) (t1990)
                                                                                                            CO (t1810)
                                                                                                            Button (t4200)
                                                                                                            SB (t2020)
                                                                                                            BB (t2000)
                                                                                                            UTG (t2000)
                                                                                                            UTG+1 (t2000)
                                                                                                            MP1 (t2000)

Hero's M: 66.33

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, 7
                                                                                                            4 folds, Hero bets t57, CO calls t57, Button calls t57, 2 folds

Flop: (t201) A, 6, A (3 players)
                                                                                                            Hero bets t103, CO calls t103, Button calls t103

Turn: (t510) 7 (3 players)
                                                                                                            Hero bets t288, CO calls t288, 1 fold

River: (t1086) 4 (2 players)
                                                                                                            Hero checks, CO checks

Total pot: t1086

Results:
                                                                                                            Hero had 7, 7 (full house, sevens over Aces).
                                                                                                            CO didn't show (Qd 2h)
                                                                                                            Outcome: Hero won t1086
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Anyone here ever play on Bodog? Whats the standard like?

Comment

Is it standard enough to get AQs in bvb vs a guy who is 3betting 12% vs SB opens and has 25% fold to 4bet?

Comment

yes

Comment

Keep getting bad starts to the month and having to grind it back for the rest! So tilting. Gonna have stop playing the frst few days of the month.

Last month:

SPOILER

Today:

Comment

Is it standard enough to get AQs in bvb vs a guy who is 3betting 12% vs SB opens and has 25% fold to 4bet?
                                                                                                                      Yup especially if the fold to 4bet stat is over a decent sample, probably means his 3bets are not very polarised so he should have a few ax and qx we dominate and plenty of pairs we're flipping against that he gets in pre.

Comment

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($66.70)
                                                                                                                        BB ($50)
                                                                                                                        UTG ($50)
                                                                                                                        MP ($55.20)
                                                                                                                        CO ($41.25)
                                                                                                                        Hero (Button) ($98.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, J
                                                                                                                        2 folds, CO calls $0.50, Hero bets $2.25, SB calls $2, BB calls $1.75, CO calls $1.75

Flop: ($9) 3, 6, 5 (4 players)
                                                                                                                        SB bets $5, BB calls $5, 1 fold, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($24) A (3 players)
                                                                                                                        SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $12, 1 fold, BB raises to $42.75 (All-In), Hero press time button

It's a long time since I honestly had no idea what to do in a spot. WTF is he check/raising the turn with here? Does my bet really look like a steal? Can he be bluffing here? Do I have odds to call? What?

Comment

Any reads or stats?

Preflop is good imo.
                                                                                                                          I probably raise the flop and get it in. Theres $19 in the pot before you act so I probably raise to ~$20 and call a shove.
                                                                                                                          As played, I check back the turn here. I really dont see any reason to bet.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X