This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    well we cant fold flop because we have decent equity against villain whos range is still pretty wide.

I dont think we can fold the turn because we are behind 3 combos of 22 and 3 of 66 - I think villain reraises AA pre and I doubt he raises the flop with QQ. we are ahead of 4 combos of AK and 2 of AJ (assuming villain raises AJ and continues on turn 1/2 of the time) we are also chopping with the other 2 combos of AQ.

So thats 6 times we are behind, 6 times we are in front and twice we are chopping. It leans more to us being in front if you throw in some random bluffs and worse 2 pair hands that the villain might have.
    To have AK he needs to have have not re-raised pre-flop and then raised the flop which is unlikely. If he is in anyway competent he never has AQ or AJ given the action.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
      Another reason why Rush is great is that you can play for 20 minutes, take a 10 minute break, and pick up exactly where you left off. I only play two tables and get frazzled quickly, so this is how I do it.

Me and Digiman discussed this the other day in the BBV. Adding extra tables in Rush is a case of diminishing returns, because the biggest limiter to your hands-per-hour is the time it takes you to click Autofold after your hand is dealt. IMO 8 tabling Rush is madness, but he seems to be ok with it. Obviously he's a much sicker grinder than me.
      Marc Karam, 12-16 tables it at 1-2 and .5-1 and put up a 10k day at 1-2 recently, level of sickness is just unreal.

Comment

Another reason why Rush is great is that you can play for 20 minutes, take a 10 minute break, and pick up exactly where you left off. I only play two tables and get frazzled quickly, so this is how I do it.

Me and Digiman discussed this the other day in the BBV. Adding extra tables in Rush is a case of diminishing returns, because the biggest limiter to your hands-per-hour is the time it takes you to click Autofold after your hand is dealt. IMO 8 tabling Rush is madness, but he seems to be ok with it. Obviously he's a much sicker grinder than me.
        I don't grind it at all, I've played like 15k hands or so this month, or 22 hours in total (-$292/hr!!). about 10k of those would have been at rush and took me 10 hours to play them, wasn't 8 tabling at the start. But when I play rush I only play in 30min sessions or so. Maybe 2 of them per day and a lot of days just 1. Don't have the same appetite to play this month after losing so much in the first 2-3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
          Marc Karam, 12-16 tables it at 1-2 and .5-1 and put up a 10k day at 1-2 recently, level of sickness is just unreal.
          The thing about 12-16 tabling is that you would have to start mixing full ring and 6max games which would not be a good idea I don't think

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post

Also, depending on their range 8% is not a high enough number to consider4bet bluffing, like blinds on button or button on cutoff it needs to be situationally 11% at least to even consider it, which is a mistake people make i think.
            What makes you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              In the QQ hand, the range at which he value raises has us crushed, his semi bluffs have us in a very very marginal spot with 2 street to come and he is quite aggro making it very hard for us to profit.
              This is something I think worth repeating. Never folding because your ahead of his flop raising range is pretty bad. Often times a fold can be -EV if the action stopped on that particular street but when take across the whole hand folding is the best option. Plenty of players who I would just go ahead and fold that flop against.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                This is something I think worth repeating. Never folding because your ahead of his flop raising range is pretty bad. Often times a fold can be -EV if the action stopped on that particular street but when take across the whole hand folding is the best option. Plenty of players who I would just go ahead and fold that flop against.

Opr
                Course if we have seen him empty the clip ok scary boards and scare cards before with stone cold bluffs, or think he is capable of it. Calling him down is the best line.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                  What makes you say that?
                  Ugh, let me revise that to about 10 first.

Lets say we open button to 3, sb makes it 10, we make it 25. Not unreasonable ye?

Risking 22 to win 14, which 7x + (1-x) -11 = 0, needs to work 11/18 which is about 62%

TT+,AKs,AKo is a value range thats not folding , not totally unreasonable ye? (I'm open to correction but i actually think it can be wider)

Thats 3.5% which is 38% of the 3b range if he wants to make us indifferent to 4b bluffing. So in total he can 3b like 9.5% (numbers are NOT totally exact). So in this situation if he's 3betting less than that we insta lose money by 4bet folding.

Then, lets add say, Aq, since everyone nobody folds anymore and some people 3bet it, and the numbers go to 4.7% not folding and 12.3% total that he needs to be 3betting for our bluff to be B/E.

Add in 5bet bluffs or 99 or something and we go even higher.

I think people underestimate how wide they need to be 3betting, I mean ye, theres plenty who 3bet like 20% versus a steal and they're idiots but if someone 3bets your cutoff open and they have like 8% 3b Bu vs Co its basically burning money by 4betting.

Edit : meant not totally exact when i said that obv
                  Last edited by colquhom; 28-10-10, 11:55.

Comment

There's boat loads of people that are 3betting >10% in CO/BTN or BTN/Blind scenarios though, and coupled with the fact that their frequencies are often very poor you can add some extra EV for having a better read on gameflow than them.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      There's boat loads of people that are 3betting >10% in CO/BTN or BTN/Blind scenarios though, and coupled with the fact that their frequencies are often very poor you can add some extra EV for having a better read on gameflow than them.
                      Ye, i'm not saying there aren't loads of them? I'm just saying that they need to be >10% for it to be good. Or if they're flatting with 1010/jj and maintaining the same frequencies etc

Comment

I haven't done any sums on it obviously, but to my mind 8% seems about the right line at which you should consider 4bet bluffing someone. It certainly means that they are 3betting light about as often as they are doing it for value. I think if you play against someone who 3bets this much, especially from the button, you simply have to have 4bet bluffs in your range in order to play against them. Otherwise you're gonna be playing inflated pots against them, out of position, with marginal holdings far too often, or stacking off with JJ or AQ far more often than is preferable.

Secondly, there are plenty of players out there who have discovered that 3betting is great, but haven't quite realised what this does to their game. 4betting them is profitable because they don't know what to do. As discussed above, there are plenty of guys who won't stack off with AK, so they're flat calling a 4bet and folding when they miss the flop - a massive mistake IMO.

Basically, any player who has a large disconnect between their 3betting range and their continuing to 4bet range is exploitable through 4bet bluffing IMO.

Regarding good hands to do it with - I do it with KJ a lot. It's got blockers to KK, AK and JJ and I'm never feeling good about it on a K or J high flop. This is kinda weird in that the hands that are terrible to 3bet with are exactly the hands that are good to 4bet with.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I haven't done any sums on it obviously, but to my mind 8% seems about the right line at which you should consider 4bet bluffing someone. It certainly means that they are 3betting light about as often as they are doing it for value. I think if you play against someone who 3bets this much, especially from the button, you simply have to have 4bet bluffs in your range in order to play against them. Otherwise you're gonna be playing inflated pots against them, out of position, with marginal holdings far too often, or stacking off with JJ or AQ far more often than is preferable.

Secondly, there are plenty of players out there who have discovered that 3betting is great, but haven't quite realised what this does to their game. 4betting them is profitable because they don't know what to do. As discussed above, there are plenty of guys who won't stack off with AK, so they're flat calling a 4bet and folding when they miss the flop - a massive mistake IMO.
                          please do tell. I'm enjoying a liberal 3betting and squeezing percentage at the moment. I haven't really gotten caught out too much/at all yet (touch wood).

Comment

does anybody want to filter their 4bet hands in HEM and see how profitable it is to bluff? be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              please do tell. I'm enjoying a liberal 3betting and squeezing percentage at the moment. I haven't really gotten caught out too much/at all yet (touch wood).
                              Just that it completely changes the dynamics of the hand. You open yourself up to all kinds of situations that weren't previously much of a concern. Things like slow-played monsters and dominated hands become major worries that were previously not that noticeable. And of course, 4bet bluffs.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just that it completely changes the dynamics of the hand. You open yourself up to all kinds of situations that weren't previously much of a concern. Things like slow-played monsters and dominated hands become major worries that were previously not that noticeable. And of course, 4bet bluffs.
                                The hands I'm 3betting are hands that are very easy to get away from when called and whiff. As we said, nobody / very few people 4bet bluff at our levels. And I think for the most part 3bet pots are very straightforward. Players set mine, call with broadways and c/f when miss a huge percentage of the time.

Obviously I pick certain people to 3bet, who's ranges are easier to focus into, as opposed to 3betting calling stations with j7s.

Players being weak tight means slowplaying of monsters isn't much of an issue really.

If I can take the lead by squeezing with a marginal hand in position vs two standard enough players, I'll do it. A lot!

Mp opens to 3bbs, co calls, I squeeze with 58s and plenty more to ~ 12 bbs. Unless the blinds wake up with a monster, I can be pretty certain that mp is going to 4bet his value hands, not have any bluffs at all there actually! He will call pretty much only with jj- and some aces. Co's range is pps and some scs most of the time, and will be giving up, set mining himself when he calls.

With position, I can comfortably see 4 cards before I have to make a meaningful decision as I can check so many flops behind. I can also take the pot on boards with 2 face cards a whole chunk of the time. Obviously I'm dumping my hand most of the time vs any sort of aggression, but I think board reading is the most important part of 3bet bluffing when you get called at lower levels.

Wish, longish post. Any obvious flaws? Also, don't forget that players don't adjust very well at all at these levels, so I can hammer 3bet after 3bet down the one players throat until he finally reacts, and I can easily get away from the hand

Comment

Wish, longish post. Any obvious flaws? Also, don't forget that players don't adjust very well at all at these levels, so I can hammer 3bet after 3bet down the one players throat until he finally reacts, and I can easily get away from the hand
                                  I think all this is absolutely fine as long as you are correctly recognising when your opponents are adjusting. That can be easier said than done.

Comment

It's prob more profitable to just call pre with those kinds of hands to be honest.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

A brief look at the stats of all the rush players in my DB after a few k hands show the games are actually much worse than ipoker. Avg vpip is 21%, avg pfr is 14%, avg 3b is 4.5%

On ipoker these are 25/12/3.5

I found one site where it was 35/12/2.5!

i kinda miss the element of reading the game etc. think it defo costs some EV over bad regs. But 1.5k hands in 90 mins on 4 tables is kinda nice!

Comment

A brief look at the stats of all the rush players in my DB after a few k hands show the games are actually much worse than ipoker. Avg vpip is 21%, avg pfr is 14%, avg 3b is 4.5%

On ipoker these are 25/12/3.5

I found one site where it was 35/12/2.5!
                                        how did you get these stats?

Comment

HM

Hit players on left -> Min hands set to 1 -> select the site of interest -> hit run report.

Averages in the grey bar at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

Comment

Quickie from Rush. Guy is 29/23 over 50 so I assume hes aggro enough. He probably has showdown value once he checks that turn, and chances are its better than my s/d value so my question is can we barrel him off it by betting turn and river given we just called a FD flop or is it best to wave the white flag?

Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1000926
                                            DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $18.17
                                            UTG: $25.20
                                            MP: $25.00
                                            CO: $60.44
                                            Hero (BTN): $41.92
                                            SB: $25.55

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 9 9
                                            3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $2.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 4 2 T (2 players)
                                            SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.25) A (2 players)
                                            SB checks

Comment

Quickie from Rush. Guy is 29/23 over 50 so I assume hes aggro enough. He probably has showdown value once he checks that turn, and chances are its better than my s/d value so my question is can we barrel him off it by betting turn and river given we just called a FD flop or is it best to wave the white flag?

SB checks
                                              I bet here for sure - around $7 - 8

Comment

SB checks
                                                Check it back.

Comment

What I think is a great blog post on leggo and something I find myself doing quite a bit of recently:

SO YOU THINK YOU ARE A GOOD MULTITASKER?

YOU FUCKING ARENT!!!

Nobody is. People tell me all the time that "oh im a great multitasker". What that really tells me is either A. they have meaningless tasks or B. they are delusional about how good of a job they are doing. Like congrats brah you can fold your laundry and watch tv at the same time, omg you are such a sweet multitasker. But think about it, both tasks are very menial, so menial in fact you could definitely train a monkey to do both.

So if you think you are sweet at multitasking, do me a favor. Read this (or any article) and try to have a conversation with a friend in the room about the meaning of life (or anything semi "deep") at the same time. Both are tasks that require a fair amount of attention to do. I bet you will find that after you are done, you will barely know what the article was about, and you will have had the most basic and boring conversation of your life. For extra credit, videotape yourself doing this and see how foolish your conversation is.

This bitch is definitely going to get into an accident, and not just because she is a woman driver

Today I was playing NHL 10 with my cousin (because the gameplay in '11 is worse imo, but i guess i could be convinced otherwise). Ive played this game much more than he has, but generally when I am a worse team than him our games are competitive. During this game I was drinking a redbull and he was chatting with some band whore on facebook. Needless to say, my Hamburg Freezers beat the shit out of his Pittsburgh Penguins 6-0. If paying attention makes this big of a difference, why don't we do it more often?

This guy was probably checking his phone before this play

This is something I do all the time, tell me if it sounds familiar. I start my session and I'm sitting at 2 tables and I'm on the waiting list for 8 more. 2 tabling 6max is pretty boring so I open up facebook and start creeping around on there. BING! One more table opens up and now I'm 3 tabling while chatting with that girl I had a crush on junior year. BING BING! 2 more tables pop up and now I'm 5 tabling while she is asking me what my plans are for halloween. But no big deal I am a sweet multitasker so I make a real light 3bet squeeze on one table while I tell this girl we should meet up this weekend. BING! Another table comes up, but since I've folded every hand on every table I am all of a sudden bored for 5 seconds. So I bring up Leggo, and I'm the middle of rating my latest whore when my btn open gets 3 bet. I look down at AJo and I instantly 4bet because I have blockers to AA, AK, AQ and JJ right? I forget to look that my opponent is that nitty reg who 3bets 2% over a 3k hand sample. He of course 5bet jams, and I lament my bad luck, but i still call because he can have 88,99 or TT right? Or maybe he is 5betting w/ A4o because he would have blockers too? So i snap, he has AA, I flop a J but dont improve and I lose 100bb.

Which since I play 1/2 is $200. Which could buy me a roundtrip plane ticket to florida. Which could buy me a few nice nights out at the bar. Which could buy me a few dinners for 2 at a nice classy restaurant. But since all of this just happened so quick, I'm still thinking about how since I'm gonna be Paulie D for halloween and she is gonna be Snookie, that means we are definitely smashing right? All of a sudden I realize that I am in a multiway 3bet pot. I forgot what the preflop action was, but i have JT on a TJsQs board so I lead out into 2 people. I get raised by the nit who was the preflop raiser, but i dont know this so I decide to 3bet it all in because he has to have a bunch of 1pr+draws in his hand right? I run into AK, chalk it up to a cooler, and dont improve my hand and now Ive lost $400 in 10 minutes.

The point that I'm trying to make is that when we are multitasking we become delusional as to how it is affecting us. Especially in a game like poker, which in order to be playing optimally you should be paying a ton of attention to a lot of little things (like betsizing, timing, and gameflow). So the next time that you get bored waiting for tables to open up, tell yourself "tough shit". Like seriously, this is your fucking job. Ask one of your friends who has a "real" job if they ever get bored at work. Every single person on this earth who has a job will say yes. Just Imagine you were working a real job and your boss was standing right behind you? Would you hop on facebook in front of him? Then have some self respect and hold yourself to the same standard.

/rant

-crispy

Comment

Yeah i always used to be looking at boards and facebook and stuff when playing. Now i close down Firefox before i fire up tables, makes a huge difference obviously.

Still have to leave the tv on though.
                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      You can't really extrapolate, as the rake changes as you move up. You're definitely paying more rake as a percentage of a buyin than someone playin 25nl for instance.

There's a great comparison page on pokertableratings.com but I can't link it on my phone
                                                      Ooops... I had forgotten the rake changes as you move up through the micros.

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/rake.php <-- for anyone interested.
                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

does anybody want to filter their 4bet hands in HEM and see how profitable it is to bluff? be interesting to see
                                                        B to the ump

Comment

This is every hand where the preflop action is "raise raise" and my hole cards weren't AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKo or AKs.

Judging by the results I'm a lot more selective about when to 4bet bluff than I thought. My 8% figure off the top of my head yesterday was far too low. I guess I better start doing it more then.
                                                          Attached Files

Comment

B to the ump
                                                            I will do later, to be honest I would imagine that its unprofitable for me but makes me profitable in other areas given the image that it would give me.

I was reading the ipoker regs thread on 2p2 and someone put up an interesting thing about filtering your pots won by less than and greater than 96bb, 96 is just a god number to use for small stakes players as it takes into account the $3 in rake that you lose. Anyway this year from 200nl-400nl 6max games I was down a staggering amount of $ in pots that were above 96bb, and its basically less than a 1k hands were I played that were above this also, but I was only winning 45% of them, but on the other hand if you filtered it for below 96bb I had the opposite effect of having a very very high winrate. So it's probably a huge leak in my game but I think they are very related to you red line also and your style of play.

Comment

cool thanks lads - i was actually trying to lay a bit of a tarp here and suggest that 4 bet bluffing for the most part is not profitable long term (at least it is unnecessary at 50nl and below). Andy does show a profit but then admits that his sample is extremely low - perhaps raising the point that 4 bet bluffing is only profitable in extremely spacific situations - such as rush poker because it has such an aggressive 3bet dynamic.

Comment

I don't agree. I'm only back playing a month and people are just mashing the 3b button in really obvious spots and tons of them have frequencies >10% like what Colquhom was saying. What he forgot to mention in his piece was the effect of card removal.
                                                                If I open KQo on the CO and he 3 bets the button to 11 (with say 9% in this spot) and we 4bet to 25 say, then we risk 22 to win 14 which has to work 61% of the time assuming he never flats and we never call if he shoves.
                                                                He's then 3 betting 120 combos and we'll assume that TT+ and AK get it in. That leaves 45 value combos and 75 that he folds. That brings us to right on breakeven on our 4bet bluff.
                                                                BUT, the fact that we have KQ takes away 4 combos of AK and 3 of KK and QQ.
                                                                That means that he's now only got 35 value combos and folds 85 or a monstrous 71% of the time.
                                                                So if we do the EV of our 4bet now:

EV fold = .71 x 14 = 9.94

EV call = -.29 x 22 = -6.38

total = 3.56

This is absolutely printing money for a spot where you never have a tough decision. Card removal is also great for keeping you balanced. If you only do this when you've AJo or KQo you've got just about the right frequencies to balance with your value hands.

Comment

Should i be stacking off here ? When i ask this i basically mean do i raise turn or not i guess ? What if he shoves river is it then a fold?

Villian is 46/31/3.3

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($49.25)
                                                                  Hero (MP) ($157.26)
                                                                  Button ($64.09)
                                                                  SB ($167.05)
                                                                  BB ($14.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, Q
                                                                  1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 4, A, 2 (2 players)
                                                                  SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB raises $4.75, Hero calls $2.75

Turn: ($13) Q (2 players)
                                                                  SB checks, Hero bets $8, SB raises $16, Hero calls $8

River: ($45) J (2 players)
                                                                  SB bets $9.50, Hero raises $33, SB calls $23.50

Total pot: $111

Can any of the ipoker players explain how the rake is divided up. Lets say i lose a pot do i receive any rake out of these pots or is it only the pots i win?
                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

Can any of the ipoker players explain how the rake is divided up. Lets say i lose a pot do i receive any rake out of these pots or is it only the pots i win?
                                                                    As far as I remember it is average contributed (if you have a legacy rb deal I am not sure how this is affected).

Example (25/50c):

You are in SB. Two players limp, you complete, and the BB checks. Pot is $2. Assume you reach showdown with no further betting. Pot is raked as per raking scheme and all players who contributed to the pot receive the same number of player points.

Edit to add: (taken from paddypowerpoker website "*You earn Paddy Points in pots where a rake has been taken and you contribute money to the pot. i.e. if you are in the small blind and fold your hand, yet the pot gets raked you earn Paddy Points. If you are on the button and fold, and the pot gets raked, you get no Paddy Points.")

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                      As far as I remember it is average contributed (if you have a legacy rb deal I am not sure how this is affected).

Example (25/50c):

You are in SB. Two players limp, you complete, and the BB checks. Pot is $2. Assume you reach showdown with no further betting. Pot is raked as per raking scheme and all players who contributed to the pot receive the same number of player points.

Edit to add: (taken from paddypowerpoker website "*You earn Paddy Points in pots where a rake has been taken and you contribute money to the pot. i.e. if you are in the small blind and fold your hand, yet the pot gets raked you earn Paddy Points. If you are on the button and fold, and the pot gets raked, you get no Paddy Points.")
                                                                      See im not really talking points here as most who post on this thread have straight deals for €€
                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                        See im not really talking points here as most who post on this thread have straight deals for €€
                                                                        I would have expected your MGR is calculated in the same way though?

Comment

Massive Lols considering we discussed the topic of calling shoves with AK.

Had just started a new table, and was running at 58/55 over first 40 hands, when all the seats suddenly filled. The villain in the hand was the guy who I'd be battering HU.

First, the hand.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($20)
                                                                          UTG ($20.30)
                                                                          Hero (MP) ($23.56)
                                                                          CO ($16.32)
                                                                          Button ($19.70)
                                                                          SB ($19.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, K
                                                                          UTG bets $0.80, Hero raises $2.70, CO raises $16.32 (All-In), 4 folds, Hero calls $13.62

Flop: ($33.74) 10, 5, 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($33.74) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($33.74) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $33.74

Results:
                                                                          Hero had A, K (one pair, fives).
                                                                          CO had A, Q (one pair, fives).
                                                                          Outcome: Hero won $32.06

Then, the chat

From HU -
                                                                          swarley29: are u goin raise every hand no matter wat??????
                                                                          swarley29: so dats a yes

After the above hand

swarley29: wow
                                                                          swarley29: wat a donk
                                                                          scandfast: LOL
                                                                          swarley29: how can u call a 4 bet wit ace high
                                                                          swarley29: ur a fool
                                                                          scandfast: LOLLLLL
                                                                          swarley29: so u actually think u made good call?
                                                                          scandfast: I took your money
                                                                          scandfast: so yes
                                                                          swarley29: wow ur really dum.b.e.r than i taught
                                                                          scandfast: thank you
                                                                          scandfast: for your money
                                                                          scandfast: play again?
                                                                          swarley29: sure shud have know i cudnt get u 2 fold ha all donks think ak is nuts
                                                                          swarley29: lol
                                                                          swarley29: u really dnt know how 2 play poker
                                                                          swarley29: u french?
                                                                          swarley29: must be
                                                                          swarley29: jus do me 1 favour
                                                                          scandfast: anything sugar
                                                                          swarley29: dnt leave
                                                                          scandfast: no problem
                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 31-10-10, 19:52.

Comment

I wont start a new thread as there wasn't much interest in the last one, but we have an Q&A interview set up with Jay' KRANTZ' Rosenktanz at PokerTrainingReviews.net

If you want me to ask any specific question or have any suggestions for questions, post them up here or PM me and I will try get them into the interview.

Comment

No real history with villian. Hes playing 54/36 over 20ish hands and this is the first time hes been 3bet.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($40.80)
                                                                              Hero (Button) ($26.37)
                                                                              SB ($29.85)
                                                                              BB ($10.54)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, K
                                                                              UTG bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.85) 8, 3, 9 (2 players)
                                                                              UTG bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($13.85) 5 (2 players)
                                                                              UTG bets $9.36, [color=#CC3333]Hero ?

Comment

Folds?

Nut flush draw with diamonds is the only hand he plays like this that we're ahead of.

I fold flop fwiw, we're rarely getting to showdown here, and half the deck is scarecards for you.

Bluff catching with 2nd pair good kicker vs utg raiser and 3bet caller can't be profitable...

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                  No real history with villian. Hes playing 54/36 over 20ish hands and this is the first time hes been 3bet.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($40.80)
                                                                                  Hero (Button) ($26.37)
                                                                                  SB ($29.85)
                                                                                  BB ($10.54)

UTG bets $9.36, [color=#CC3333]Hero ?
                                                                                  Obviously the sample size is tiny but I think 3betting this guy with k8s is a mistake. He seems quite loose/spewy and he may call rather wide.

3-betting k8s is nice when we have some fold equity, but against this kind of villain we just don't have that much fold equity and we're better off opening our value 3-bet range instead to include hands like aq.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                    Obviously the sample size is tiny but I think 3betting this guy with k8s is a mistake. He seems quite loose/spewy and he may call rather wide.

3-betting k8s is nice when we have some fold equity, but against this kind of villain we just don't have that much fold equity and we're better off opening our value 3-bet range instead to include hands like aq.
                                                                                    get on fb if ur still around

Comment

I don't see how you can conclude we've no fold equity. Early indications are that he opens a lot and we've no information about his continuing tendencies so I'm fine with 3b.

I'm almost tempted to shove the flop fwiw. Certainly calling is the worst option.

Comment

UTG ($40.80)
                                                                                        Hero (Button) ($26.37)
                                                                                        SB ($29.85)
                                                                                        BB ($10.54)

UTG bets $9.36, Hero raises to $19.62 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $32.57 | Rake: $1.62

This is how it played out. Is this a really bad line?

Comment

I don't see how you can conclude we've no fold equity. Early indications are that he opens a lot and we've no information about his continuing tendencies so I'm fine with 3b.

I'm almost tempted to shove the flop fwiw. Certainly calling is the worst option.
                                                                                          Guys like that want to see flops, hes not going to fold to a 3bet so you dont have any fold equity. Id rather just call him down, shoving turn is only going to fold out hands he would have bluffed off on the river with. Id rather shove thr turn if I had K9 as you still get calls from his worse 9s.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                            Guys like that want to see flops, hes not going to fold to a 3bet so you dont have any fold equity. Id rather just call him down, shoving turn is only going to fold out hands he would have bluffed off on the river with. Id rather shove thr turn if I had K9 as you still get calls from his worse 9s.
                                                                                            You can't really say 'guys like that'. Me or you could easy have those stats over 20 hands.

Comment

well done danny diamond ...gl in BOSP final

Comment

You can't really say 'guys like that'. Me or you could easy have those stats over 20 hands.
                                                                                                Pretty regularly for Digiman I'm guessing!
                                                                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Plan on getting 70k hands in this month but not a great start! Never seem to run good at the start of the month.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                                                                                                  "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Can you get away with stealing that much at higher stakes? Seems very high, or are you min opening buttons?

Comment

It does look a bit high alright actually, ill filter later for 6max over a bigger sample and see, I know that about 10% of those hands are heads up and some 3 and 4 handed also, trying to start tables so might have skewed it a bit, I always 3x button.
                                                                                                      "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Ah cool. I've been watching a few Leatherass videos lately and he was advocating tightening up SB stealing ranges a lot, talking about how easy it was to exploit a guy opening 50% of SBs.
                                                                                                        Was also watching Oldjude who minraises all his buttons. Not sure about it, I think for a less than brilliant player it would take thousands of hands to get a feel for people's ranges, and they would be much wider in general which makes playing a lot of tables hard.

Comment

Ah cool. I've been watching a few Leatherass videos lately and he was advocating tightening up SB stealing ranges a lot, talking about how easy it was to exploit a guy opening 50% of SBs.
                                                                                                          Was also watching Oldjude who minraises all his buttons. Not sure about it, I think for a less than brilliant player it would take thousands of hands to get a feel for people's ranges, and they would be much wider in general which makes playing a lot of tables hard.
                                                                                                          Ya i know i dont rob from the sb that much so I'm pretty sure its mostly button and CO thats has the steal% so high. Robbing from the sb at 50% would be burning money at mid/high stakes alright, everyone is playing back at them these days.

Opening to 2x is pretty popular alright, I seen oldjude at it and the 2 best regs i play on ipoker do it also, I'd say it could well be best actually, probably best to go 2.5x first if your gonna try it instead of jumping straight into it. Might change to 2.5x actually for the rest of the month, see how it goes.

Comment

I see a lot more 2x button opens now even in 50nl and 100nl

how does the smaller open size affect your calling and raising range from the blinds?

Comment

Spew river shove?

Does a good 26/22 reg ever call with sets here?
                                                                                                              Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                                                                                              NL Holdem $1(BB) Entraction
                                                                                                              SB ($75.99)
                                                                                                              BB ($159)
                                                                                                              UTG ($176)
                                                                                                              Hero ($119)
                                                                                                              BTN ($111)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: 9:heart:

UTG raises to $3, Hero calls $3, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($7.50) Q:diamond: 4:club: 9:spade:

UTG bets $5, Hero calls $5

TURN ($17.50) Q:diamond: 4:club: 9:spade: J:spade:

UTG bets $12, Hero calls $12

RIVER ($41.50) Q:diamond: 4:club: 9:spade: J:spade: K:diamond:

UTG bets $33, Hero raises to $99.83 (AI), UTG calls $66.83

UTG shows A:diamond: T:diamond:
                                                                                                              (Pre 69%, Flop 19.7%, Turn 20.5%)

Hero shows T:heart: 9:heart:
                                                                                                              (Pre 31%, Flop 80.3%, Turn 79.5%)

UTG wins $238

Comment

^^ think its ok to be honest. QQ 99 and KK all play the same from UTG.

Not mad about the turn call though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

how does the smaller open size affect your calling and raising range from the blinds?
                                                                                                                  I call a lot lot more from the blinds when they open 2x.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

It should broaden the sb's and bb's calling range and they should also adjust by 3betting smaller and probably less often. It benifits the button by making steals cheaper but he is going to end up playing more post flop single raised pots against a wider range. It also allows the button to flat more 3bets as the pot to stack ratio will be larger. I'd say its a good idea if your a capable postflop player or a good adjustment if the blinds are 3betting you alot.

The guys at 50 and 100nl are probably just doing it as a cheap steal more than worrying about how it will effect the rest of there game. I'd guess that it wouldnt be optimal to open 2x at 50 or 100nl overall though as the players shouldn't be 3betting enough or fighting for single raised pots enough to make you do this. I'm sure there are exceptions though.

Also its really popular to 2x it at headsup so that would probably be a better place to test it out as you'll get better at playing post flop faster.

Comment

One thing I've noticed since picking up playing is that no one folds to cbets anymore! My cbet success used to be about 50% or so when I last was playing, now over a reasonable sample its like 40!

Whats people cbet% in general I used to be up at 80 but have adjusted to the not folding and its about 65 now.

Comment

One thing I've noticed since picking up playing is that no one folds to cbets anymore! My cbet success used to be about 50% or so when I last was playing, now over a reasonable sample its like 40!

Whats people cbet% in general I used to be up at 80 but have adjusted to the not folding and its about 65 now.
                                                                                                                        Ya I think its a function of everyone opening more hands in position, people know your range is wide so if you want to to be able to take down 50% of flops you have to be balanced not only on the flop but turn and river too. The only way to be balance on later streets is to cbet less, check back medium strength more and give up a bit more on flops, if your unexploitable on later streets then regs will start folding more on the flop. I think my cbets usually abot 55-60 these days, its a bit higher in the stats above, but that still manages to get plenty of folds on flops.

Comment

Yeah running about 65% now and happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X