100nl 6m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100nl 6m

Couple of hands from the last couple of weeks.

My stats would be about 25/21, 8% 3b, F3b 53%

Hand 1
    Villan has being pretty aggro so far, playing 32/27, 3b 10, F3B is 56, 4b is 33% over 18 hands. Is this a standard shove?

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($384.50)
    Hero (SB) ($143)
    BB ($299.90)
    UTG ($250)
    MP ($809.55)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q
    2 folds, Button bets $3, Hero raises $10.50, 1 fold, Button raises $24, Hero raises $131.80, Button ....

Hand 2
    Villan here is a random fish playing 61/7 over 45 hands with low aggression. River has to be a shove right?

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($136.15)
    UTG ($22.85)
    Hero (MP) ($225.75)
    CO ($105.65)
    Button ($51.90)
    SB ($31.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, J
    1 fold, Hero bets $3, 3 folds, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6.50) Q, 7, 6 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.50) J (2 players)
    BB bets $5, Hero raises $15, BB calls $10

River: ($36.50) 3 (2 players)
    BB bets $33, Hero raises $166, BB ....

Hand 3
    I made a mistake on my turn bet size, I really should have bet a bit about 26ish to set up a better river shove size but never the less I get there and I assume its a shove?

Villan would be 25/18, f3b of 0, low aggression over 320 hands, poor enough player IMO

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($100)
    MP ($181)
    CO ($355.05)
    Button ($308.65)
    Hero (SB) ($121.75)
    BB ($100)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q
    2 folds, CO bets $3, 1 fold, Hero raises $8.50, 1 fold, CO calls $6

Flop: ($19) Q, 9, 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $11, CO calls $11

Turn: ($41) 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $22, CO calls $22

River: ($85) 9 (2 players)
    Hero bets $79.55, CO ......

Hand 4
    Awkward enough turn spot here, not really sure whats the best line here now.
    Villan is pretty good I think, plays 25/21, f3b of 64, 4b of 15% have 5k mined hands on him, winning player overall.

saw flop | saw showdown

CO ($125.45)
    Button ($212.70)
    Hero (SB) ($105)
    BB ($63.50)
    UTG ($223.80)
    MP ($163.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, J
    3 folds, Button bets $2.50, Hero raises $7.50, 1 fold, Button calls $5.50

Flop: ($17) 6, 9, K (2 players)
    Hero bets $10, Button calls $10

Turn: ($37) Q (2 players)
    Hero ....

Got really lost here and think this is the most interesting hand.

Hand 1- I'm not an expert but I think folding to the 4 bet is the best play here.
    Hand 2 - Looks to be played perfectly
    Hand 3- Unlikely he has a flush with a call on the river, seems u played it well, ul if beat.
    Hand 4- i dont think 3 betting a strong player with QJo out of position is a good play at all.

Like to add that i'm not an expert player but thought id give my opinion
    airport, lol

Comment

1. Not necessarily standard given stacks but shoving can't really be bad with his stats. You need ~ 55%+ folds here. AJs,KQs are better hands to shove fwiw.
      2. River is fine. Turn raise size should be at least $20. $15 is way too small.
      3. Pre is too small. Turn should be a bit bigger as you said and river is a shove i think, albeit the bottom of your value range.
      4. Don't like your sizing pre again. Choosing QJo is whatever. Turn is too thin to value bet, so we ck. C/f unless he bets really small. His range is pretty strong there. You can check-call stuff like Kdxd,Qdxd,JTs if you want to protect your cks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
        1. AJs,KQs are better hands to shove fwiw.
        Not disagreeing, but why?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
          Not disagreeing, but why?
          I'm assuming the button doesn't 4b AQ ip with these stacks. It's possible but kinda thin. With that assumption AJs/KQs have slightly better equity vs Btn's 4b value range and all the hands block the same number of combos in that range.

Comment

Great posts Bozzer.

Just on hand 2, I know this is nitty, but would you ever just call. Good chance if a fish has a two pair type hand, he raises again on the turn. they bet pot out on the river on a card that never really improves there hand bar the nuts. I dunno, don't play cash but might just call here.

Comment

does no one want to bet the flop? if not why? just wondering...

edit: In hand 2 that is
              Last edited by Kenny; 09-01-12, 05:59.

Comment

Hand 1 is fine yeah vs those stats.
                Hand 2 is an obvious shove of course
                hand 3 sizing is a little off, should be bigger pre and on turn, river is a thin shove but correct
                Hand 4 looks like a c/f on the turn unless he bets small. If villain has a habit of floating and stabbing a lot you could maybe make a case for c/c, but I would not bet again.

Comment

1. Is that 18 hands total? Can't be right. Anyway it's fine assuming a reasonable sample size.

2. Is good.

3. Is interesting. I probably just check/call river, but I don't play with as good an image as you. I think the shove is fine and yeah more on turn. 30 minimum, the board is pretty wet by now. Your 3bet should be much bigger given that you are out of position. 10 minimum.

4. I fold this pre. I don't like 3betting this hand due to RIO, but I know that 2+2 would say it was standard. As played I would probably be in bluff-catching mode now.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    1. Is that 18 hands total? Can't be right. Anyway it's fine assuming a reasonable sample size.
                    It was basically out of 18 times he had a chance to 4b he done it 6 times.

Comment

Anyone prefer CIB 5b/call over 5b-shoving in hand 1? Given dynamic and the assumption that villain knows we're aware of his 4b%? We probably see him spazz some if hes capable of leveling himself in this spot.

edit: missed the tiny sample size
                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                        Anyone prefer CIB 5b/call over 5b-shoving in hand 1? Given dynamic and the assumption that villain knows we're aware of his 4b%? We probably see him spazz some if hes capable of leveling himself in this spot.

edit: missed the tiny sample size
                        I wouldn't have thought our bottom lines versus getting him to fold stuff we might induce him to spazz shove with a CIB would be much better if better at all ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post

the board is farily dry so unless bb defends with ATC if we c-bet we're likely getting a fold, and if called its' a q v.often so betting has little value inhtis regard, also if we bet and he floats with draw/underpair etc then the turn likely goes c/c (assuming we dont bink the J obv) this puts us in a tough spot if villain is good as he can comfortably value bet with a q on the river or turn 3rd pair into a bluff (on most but not all rivers) as our line turns our hand face-up as a "has lots of showdown but not too strong type hand" imo anyway.......

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                            Great posts Bozzer.

Just on hand 2, I know this is nitty, but would you ever just call. Good chance if a fish has a two pair type hand, he raises again on the turn. they bet pot out on the river on a card that never really improves there hand bar the nuts. I dunno, don't play cash but might just call here.
                            Thanks. I see where you're coming from but I don't think we've enough info to narrow his range to nuts or air here. 61/7 is just so bad that you cant rule out 2 pair/worse sets.

Originally posted by Kenny View Post

Betting the flop with JJ is fine and prob my standard vs this guy. He's got plenty of stuff he can call with (7x/6x/pps/straight draws/floats). If he's the type of guy to autobet turn when flop cks through then checking is likely best, as we can only get 2 streets of value really. This guy has low agg though so betting is fine and checking is ok too.

Comment

just on hand one for now I def click back vs these stats, he prob folds to this but he may spazz, shoving gives him the chance to play perfectly here.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                just on hand one for now I def click back vs these stats, he prob folds to this but he may spazz, shoving gives him the chance to play perfectly here.
                                If we flipped over our hands he is not getting far off the right price to call the shove with lots of his bluffs.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                  If we flipped over our hands he is not getting far off the right price to call the shove with lots of his bluffs.

Opr
                                  Hence is said 5 bet click it back in order for him to get in these bluffs with fold eq.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                    Hence is said 5 bet click it back in order for him to get in these bluffs with fold eq.
                                    fold eq? you can't 5b fold here so there is no FE.

I don't like cib here, esp with AQ, there are a bunch of hands we much rather he folds, than shoves. He certainly can't play perfectly unless he knows your range there

Comment

With $39 in the pot I would much rather win this uncontested vs his 4b bluffing range than for him to 6b spazz shove something that we are flipping against or only have 40-50% equity against, even though I think its pretty unlikely that someone will do that if we min 5b.

In saying that in a 3b pot recently vs an aggro reg I flatted AKs IP and flopped TP, he cbet half pot, i min raised and he min raised again and then folded with about half his stack in the middle. FWIW I min raise quite a lot in 3b pots with all sorts of hands and get folds folds quite often

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post

Betting the flop with JJ is fine and prob my standard vs this guy. He's got plenty of stuff he can call with (7x/6x/pps/straight draws/floats). If he's the type of guy to autobet turn when flop cks through then checking is likely best, as we can only get 2 streets of value really. This guy has low agg though so betting is fine and checking is ok too.
                                        Good posts Bozzer and +1 to always betting the flop in hand 2 with JJ vs a 61/7, I'd be betting 7x+ here as standard. Way too much value on a board like that to check back.
                                        "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                          fold eq? you can't 5b fold here so there is no FE.

I don't like cib here, esp with AQ, there are a bunch of hands we much rather he folds, than shoves. He certainly can't play perfectly unless he knows your range there
                                          Of course you can 5 bet fold here, you can click it for 40 odd and be folding to a jam. I get into these spots regularly vs over aggro players in 6 max, you can induce him to shove light over the 5 bet sometimes, he prob wont but shoving doesnt give him the option. When u shove he snap folds everything bar hands that have us crushed.

Comment

You're not getting what he is talking about Alan. He has lots of stuff within his range that we would prefer he fold than induce him to shove because of the fact he has such good equity with lots of those hands versus AQ.

Opr

Comment

FWIW results were:

Hand 1, Villan had AK
                                              Hand 2, Villan had QQ, owned pretty hard there
                                              Hand 3, Villan had Th8h
                                              Hand 4, I check raised allin and got snapped by Aces, thinking c/f is probably fine here.

Comment

Working...
                                              X